R&C Trilogy out early after all

This is a discussion on R&C Trilogy out early after all within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I went into my local EB games and talked to my mate and he said he has a copy of ...

Crocodile Hunter

R&C Trilogy out early after all

I went into my local EB games and talked to my mate and he said he has a copy of R&C already, (which is a month early if your following the delays)

I didnt believe him but he said i can play it when he finishes it which will be before it releases officially. My main question here is ok managers etc can get early game releases and all that like Dr_Mayus, I assume you might have a copy as well?

What bugs me is that they said the extra delay is to improve the game and features etc when clearly its already finished and it will still be a month before release for the public.

Any1 else have thoughts on this?

Sig by Apokolypz

Resident PHD

Well I won't get my copy until fall because North America is getting it late

EB managers very rarely ever get things early. What could have happened is his store got it early and he broke street date and bought it (which comes with a massive fine if he is caught) or he just took it home without paying for it (which I know a lot of managers do).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well I won't get my copy until fall because North America is getting it late

EB managers very rarely ever get things early. What could have happened is his store got it early and he broke street date and bought it (which comes with a massive fine if he is caught) or he just took it home without paying for it (which I know a lot of managers do).
    that still dnt make sense of why they sent out the game 1 month early ( if thats the case ) why would the devs wait for a month its its ready for launch?

Sig by Apokolypz

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    that still dnt make sense of why they sent out the game 1 month early ( if thats the case ) why would the devs wait for a month its its ready for launch?
    Hype?

I kid, but I bet it has something to do with money.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Resident PHD

That is why I don't think he has it. I know in cases of major releases (like COD or Halo) stores will sometimes get it a couple of weeks in advance to make sure they have it (and trust me you don't want to break those street dates) but in the case of the R&C collection it is not big enough to warrant anything more than a couple of days in advance.

Edit-I just checked the Australia release date and it is June 7th. Your friend just broke street date (or took it home without paying for it).

Notorious K.I.D.

Sorry if off topic, but why would anyone ever admit to breaking street date if you could get away with just saying you took it home w/o paying for it?
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Sorry if off topic, but why would anyone ever admit to breaking street date if you could get away with just saying you took it home w/o paying for it?
    Because taking it home without paying is actually worse, most managers do it but it is an unwritten rule if they were ever caught they would be fired.

Also companies don't care whether you paid for it or not, the great thing about achievements and trophies is they have time stamps so companies could check if you played their game early. Now most don't care but in the case of COD or Halo it is a big deal.

When I worked at Blockbuster, Rogers Video sold Halo 2 early and because of that they weren't given the 360 at launch (which was a big plus for us).

Crocodile Hunter

Why would he admit it to me then lol if he could lose his job or get a huge ass fine it would mean he trusts me pretty freaking huge to tell me and we are not that great a friends

Sig by Apokolypz

Resident PHD

Why would he admit it to me then lol if he could lose his job or get a huge ass fine it would mean he trusts me pretty freaking huge to tell me and we are not that great a friends
    Maybe he doesn't realize it is a big deal. I don't know what it is there, but I've heard that here if you break street date it is a 10,000 fine to you and to the store.

Crocodile Hunter

Hmm well ill keep bugging him and get the copy to see if its legit, and it should be early enough to be the 1st on the site to get the for 1 or 2 at least

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Hype?

I kid, but I bet it has something to do with money.
    You're actually right. Most of the times games get delayed to build up hype. Others it is to avoid a release date close to that of other popular titles, but this is clearly not the case with this one lol. A clear example of delaying a game just to build up MORE hype, is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

care to actually say what R&C is? i can't think what game collection it could be lol

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    care to actually say what R&C is? i can't think what game collection it could be lol
    Ratchet & Clank

I was in EB today and they had it advertised as coming out in May but had no date and no copies on the shelves would have asked them about it but they were really busy.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ratchet & clank HD collection