Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Swearing at Videogames

This is a discussion on Swearing at Videogames within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Resistance: Burning Skies, final chapter... die once, ok thats cool. Die again, alright whatever.. die 10 times at the same ...

PRO Member

Resistance: Burning Skies, final chapter... die once, ok thats cool. Die again, alright whatever.. die 10 times at the same friggen part, EXPLOSION!!!! yeah i got pretty mad lol still stuck on that part

PRO Member

Pretty safe to say I've probably raged at every online game I own at some point
    The latest one must have been GTA IV when Petrovic keeps getting stuck on the plane while grinding for "Wanted" ...not controller breaking rage, just a few "oh for f*cks sake! Not this Sh*t again >:/" moments xD

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    lol do you have a mic? If so we should play Tekken 6... I'll spam Devil Jin's laser just to make you made
    Nope, luckily not a mic. I would like to play a SC V match sometime.
    Sig by Ramon

Threat

Mortal Kombat when playing against two friends a couple weeks ago. I never swear when I'm by myself.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Hero of Kvatch

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, trying to do that tank mission had me f'in and blinding at the screen repeatedly. Never did managed to 100% that mission

"War, war never changes."

Game Review Team

The last levels in LittleBigPlanet
    All of the challenges in the god of war games
    And the big one goes to Madigascar Kartz because of its cheating AI!

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    Had this happen last night. Was playing Diablo 3 and my game froze as i was killing Diablo on first play through... probably 3 hits left... I yelled out Fuck, and my daughter (2.5) yells "fuck, fuck fuck" and runs to my wife.... I got the stare of doom, and was grounded from the game for the rest of the night. lol
    I feel your pain dude. My youngest daughter is two. My other kids said damn (got that from the wife ) I just gave that face, but it didn't work at all lol

Lvl 7 - Gold

Saints row the third. Pretty disappointed in it so far honestly. But the tutorial that flashed on the screen for literally a second during the free falling section made me furious. Had me stuck facing the wrong way the whole time. I hate games with crap tutorials.

Royal Flush X2

Last game hmm, Ninja Gaiden 3 with attempting to play with randoms that quit in one game.

PRO Member

call of duty black ops. beating the game on veteran got me mad enough to shatter a controller.

Nope, nothing

I swore not directly at the game itself, but at Dragon's Dogma's Trophy Guide I missed a damn trophy!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well there are two incidents that immediately come to mind. One being CoD [email protected] on veteran. FUCKING GRENADES OH... MY... GOD... GRENADES... And I believe it was the level "Relentless" on veteran that claimed the life of my original ps3 controller, fucking spiked that bitch like i just scored a TD in the superbowl... while swearing something i cant remember.

And the second time would be Mario Galaxy... Luigi's purple coins and that last fucking trash bombing level... lets just say that the old woman across the hall in my old apartment building thought I was batshit crazy... lol

Those are the two only times I can really remember raging so hard that I freaked out swearing and screaming at the TV by myself.

*edit*
    Just remembered that abomination of a trophy "Lucky Chips" from Price is Right Decades.... fuck you plinko... fuck you... (I'm still kinda mad at that one)

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Uncharted on Crushing. I got stuck in the sewers for a long time. Quite a few swear words.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    Had this happen last night. Was playing Diablo 3 and my game froze as i was killing Diablo on first play through... probably 3 hits left... I yelled out Fuck, and my daughter (2.5) yells "fuck, fuck fuck" and runs to my wife.... I got the stare of doom, and was grounded from the game for the rest of the night. lol
    ROFL! Too funny

I've had to tone down my game rage since having kids to the point where I internalise it and just let out a loud sigh, or fist-pump at the screen when no-one else is around. That's tough - I just want to yell "Fuck you, you lying piece of shit video game!" at the top of my voice, but I can't.

I've caught my 2 year old boy emulating me a few times - he thinks my job (I work from a home office) is sitting at the computer, banging on the keyboard and grumpily saying "Oh come on!" out of frustration. I rarely do it, but those little bloody sponges pick up on everything!

I'm really careful about my language around him but I must have goofed on at least one occasion. Recently he walked around pounding his hand yelling "Fruck!"...I could feel my wife's eyes burn a hole through my head that day

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    ROFL! Too funny

I've had to tone down my game rage since having kids to the point where I internalise it and just let out a loud sigh, or fist-pump at the screen when no-one else is around. That's tough - I just want to yell "Fuck you, you lying piece of shit video game!" at the top of my voice, but I can't.

I've caught my 2 year old boy emulating me a few times - he thinks my job (I work from a home office) is sitting at the computer, banging on the keyboard and grumpily saying "Oh come on!" out of frustration. I rarely do it, but those little bloody sponges pick up on everything!

I'm really careful about my language around him but I must have goofed on at least one occasion. Recently he walked around pounding his hand yelling "Fruck!"...I could feel my wife's eyes burn a hole through my head that day
    ANOTHER one

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    ROFL! Too funny

I've got a 16 month old boy, he's just now starting to pick up words... so yeah I feel your pain on that one man, sometime it can be real tough to hold back a good old "fuck you game" when you get robbed. But like you said them sponges literally don't miss a thing.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Gaming since 1985!

I think I have a swearing problem. Any and every game I've played in the last 10 years I've cussed at. It could be as simple as "Press start and win the game" I'd throw out f bombs left and right. Anger issues, nah, I just like to pretend like the people who made the game can hear me. And my wife's reaction is usually priceless.

Ghost Assassin

Well, swearing is warranted when playing games, because it helps relieve stress that you may accumulate when playing a game. I usually swear when a game literally screws you over and there's nothing you can do about it other than beating it. One example is Cod with it's hitboxes where a player can shoot where you were 1second ago and still kill you, when you're well behind a corner. Another example that others can relate to is the shock and awe extreme challenge in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hmmm latest moment would be while i was playing DAII. I would have plat it but that damn supplier trophy (i think that is what it was called) threw me off due to missing ambrosia in the Isabella side quest during my 2nd play through and i swore for a good a minute after not getting it.

PRO Member

When I'm home I don't have an issue not swearing (because I have kids) although I do tend to abuse a controller or two. When I'm in hotels, for months at a time, let the swearfest begin! Playing Transformers with my six year old son a couple of days ago and after finishing a level he says, "mission sucks". I glance over at him not exactly sure if he said what I thought and noticed the wife giving me the death stare (of course she hates video games). After every mission his first words are "mission sucks". At this point I'm not even looking at him for fear of being burned to death by my wife's glare. After about the forth mission i noticed what the issue was and turned to my son and said, "that says mission success sweety, nice try on sounding it out though" and smiled at my wife. I so wanted to flip her off!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast