Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

why cheat????

This is a discussion on why cheat???? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I decided to have a quick look at the top 50 trophy hunters and i picked 1 at random. It ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

why cheat????

I decided to have a quick look at the top 50 trophy hunters and i picked 1 at random. It took me 5mins to find that the hunter was a trophy hacker. It just got me wondering why would you do it, what satisfaction is there to be had. Any thoughts????

PRO Member

Cause a hackers gonna hack. Can't earn them legit and can't keep up with real trophy hunters. So, you see they have to cheat to stay on top
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Or maybe they did the Socom/Fuel save hack before they realized what they were doing, like maybe they didn't realize what trophy would become.

Either that or they just think that the more trophies they have the better they'll feel about themselves?
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Cause a hackers gonna hack. Can't earn them legit and can't keep up with real trophy hunters. So, you see they have to cheat to stay on top
    Exactly this ^

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah i get that, but i just dont see the point of wasting that time when you know in the end its not real or its not worth it coz you'll get caught eventually with more embaressment.

Sinner and Saint

See, cause a digital platinum is like a digital inch on a digital penis. So whereas a real trophy hunter is blessed with digital endowment, these hacker assholes had to go see Smilin' Bob.

I have to stay out of Trains' threads....the stupid is rubbing off on me.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Because there attention whores I guess....now I won't lie I have used a game save before but hacking isn't my thing and I don't care about trophy levels
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

I really don't see the point in cheating. Be it trophy hunting or online gaming, I'd rather lose fairly than win by cheating. Some people just want to be the "best" even though everyone can see how they got there.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Like the kid at school who bragged he had Sonic 2 months before release but never had any real evidence to back it up, people need to look cool in front of others, we may not buy it, but i bet the less clued up friends of theirs do.

It will always exist, because insecurity does.

Closing this account

Are we talking about trophy hackers again? We get it by now, y'all dont like hackers. Does that make them more or less of a human being? Spending butt loads of money on games maybe cool for some of y'all but stop judging, complaining, whining or bitching about it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Are we talking about trophy hackers again? We get it by now, y'all dont like hackers. Does that make them more or less of a human being? Spending butt loads of money on games maybe cool for some of y'all but stop judging, complaining, whining or bitching about it.
    ^Agreed. This has been brought up a few times before. Hackers/cheaters/whatever you want to call them are going to do it regardless of what anyone says. It is their choice. There are those that will do everything legit and others that will resort to it. No point in beating a dead horse

Lvl 6 - Silver

Same reason anyone cheats on any other game I guess, to get the unlockables without the work.
    Though I wouldn't even know HOW to cheat trophies
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Oh jay! why so defensive? wouldn't be because you hacked Socom last week?

Hero of Kvatch

People have always cheated at games in the past, why would that change now with trophies?

"War, war never changes."

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    He did NOT- Wait, holy shit he did. Jay! Wouldn't expect you to do something like that
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    He did NOT- Wait, holy shit he did. Jay! Wouldn't expect you to do something like that
    He's hacked a few.....Dead space 2 is another, earned hardcore and zealot difficulties 10 minutes apart which is impossible

WKC looks iffy to

PRO Member

Probably because they want a virtual reward for something that they either can't achieve without cheating and/or don't want to be bothered or have the time to accomplish legitimately. I don't waste time caring or worrying about it. I just don't see how it can be 'fun', which is what videogames are supposed to be.

Closing this account

Since I know you, I will keep it PG and friendly.......Since this issue been brought up like so many times before, I never said "I was against" or "for it". Now since that part is out the way, if a person wants to give me; trophies or PSN Cards for completing a game for them, then who am I to say no? I like to help ppl....before I go any farther, I don't pay for anything. People come to me for help. "Hey Jay, you want a $20 PSN Card?" "Just blah blah game" Am not being defensive because we hear this time and time again. If ppl say that I am wrong for helping others then that will open a can of worms that will not be closed. I dont go into certain threads anymore, Am I proud to have hack trophies on my PSN ? 50/50 Am I proud to have helped others? 50/50 I dont boast, brag or whatever ppl are calling it, my real life manhood is well the heck bigger then 99% of ppl e-penis. So that why I said "Does that make them more or less of a human being?" The only thing I will do legit 24/7 is live my life and speak the truth to anyone I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I will not deny it.

дурак

He's hacked a few.....Dead space 2 is another, earned hardcore and zealot difficulties 10 minutes apart which is impossible

WKC looks iffy to
    The Dead Space 2 Platinum hacked does kind of irritate me, since I got it legit and it nearly caused me to have a mental breakdown, while others got it in 10 minutes while drinking sleepy time tea. However, I'm in the part of the world where people go "Who cares?", It's not like his trophies represent his value as a person.

People can hack if they want, but it does not bring the same sense of accomplishment as getting it with blood, sweat and tears. And I hope they know that.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Some people just dont care, but i learned that its more of a waste trying to figure why they do it, just do your thing and get those trophies legit.

Sig by Sigs & Beyond : Bladia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast