Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Video: "FF XV Leak Announcement PS3 - Wii U - Pre E3" - Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Video: "FF XV Leak Announcement PS3 - Wii U - Pre E3" - Thoughts? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well Versus XIII was a bit of a retarded name. It also means we won't have to wait another three ...

Mr. X

Well Versus XIII was a bit of a retarded name. It also means we won't have to wait another three or five years for XV...touch wood. I hope with this being on the Wii-U that we can hope for it to be part of the release day line up or I think I'll lose the will to carry on after waiting so long.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Well to be fair, this will be the first time that two non-sequential numeric titles are in the same universe, a first for the series. Although Final Fantasy XII took place in the already created world of Ivalice and it's possible that there is a link between Final Fantasy XI's Vana'diel and Final Fantasy XIV's Eorzea (alternate timeline, spacial displacement, or other fun RPG explanation). This is a first nonetheless in the series

^ this will all look like a foreign language to a person who isn't at least a mild Square Enix fanboy. @[email protected]
    A first that in my opinion isn't needed.

I mean, what ties to XIII was Versus going to have anyway? Probably nothing...

PRO Member

I believe they made the right idea changing the name to FFXV they know everyone wants this one so badly they can just continue it now instead of working on a new story for XV.

PRO Member

If what people are saying is true, than I'm no longer pissed at them if it's just a rename. I thought this was a completely new dev before the other was released. I personally didn't like 13 which has deterred me from trying 13-2. Now versus, or 15, is what I've wanted for a while. Don't show me something so sexy and then take forever for it to come out while working on a bunch of worse titles in it's place. *cough cough* Kingdom Hearts everything but 3.

Death to zombies!!

Versus of XV i dont care, just bring the dam game out already

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

worlds biggest welch fan

FMV's are looking so good can't wait for a new battle system too.

FF FF FF FFXV. make up your mind.

am I cyborg
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

See, this a somewhat difficult thing to answer, considering how little information is out about Final Fantasy Versus XIII / XV. Since it apparently takes place in a different part of the world than Final Fantasy XIII on first glance, it is difficult to equate it, but perhaps the world we are seeing previewed is something like Coccoon, or at a point in which humanity is scientifically surpassed the Fal'cie. As of now, all we know is that this title, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy Type-0 share a universe and mythology. Until we actually get our hands on it and actually get some playing under our belt, connecting the dots in how the connections do exist is speculation at best. All we know now is that the games are linked, and exist in the same world/timeline/whatever other excuse they want to throw at us to make it relevant, how the dots are connected is unsure.

Not always are these links rapidly transparent, it took me replaying Vagrant Story many years after I initially bought and played the game, for me to catch the Ivalice links, and associate the connection, and catch the subtle mentions that connect it to Final Fantasy XII, and the Final Fantasy Tactics series of titles.

To ask me to attempt to tie an unreleased game with minimal information - would be like asking me to explain how Iron Man 3 connects to Iron Man 2, in terms of it's connectivity and place in the Marvel movie universe, when nobody has any defenative information to connect the movies together as of yet. So to ask the question you asked, and assume what you have assumed without a whole lot to go on, would take mainly guess work at this point, but if I had to hazard a guess, I would expect terms like "Crystals, l'cie, Fal'cie, Focus, and Eidolons" to pop up in some sort of recognizable reference.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't like the name Final Fantasy Versus XIII. FFXV sounds much better imo

Sad thing is that i believe this will delay the release :/
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

All out of bubblegum.....

I personally like the fact that the games are all unique in themselves, minus x-2 and xiii-2. I havent played xiii yet, but I despisesd X-2. Also, on FF4-The After Years... I was greatly dissapointed. Keep re hashing it Square, and we'll keep buying it!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post

I would bet on "Etro"
    If i remember right Etro is mentioned in a vXIII trailer, even before it was mentioned on FFXIII-2

PRO Member

I was just about to say that this looks a lot like Versus Xlll and then I read all the comments. This is a great idea Sqaure. For the first time in a long time I can talk good about you. The name Versus Xlll didn't really make any sense anyways. The thing I am wondering is if they are changing the combat that FFXV was originally going to have. It was going to have Kingdom Hearts like combat so now will they make it more turn-based or keep it the same. Personally I hope they keep it Kingdom Hearts style. I can't wait for this now. The setting looks so badass, I can't wait.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Pay attention to the video and the comments.

It's fake.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12