Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video: "FF XV Leak Announcement PS3 - Wii U - Pre E3" - Thoughts?

This is a discussion on Video: "FF XV Leak Announcement PS3 - Wii U - Pre E3" - Thoughts? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; First of all, why do you think there's no mention of the 360? And from a more personal stand point, ...

PRO Member

Video: "FF XV Leak Announcement PS3 - Wii U - Pre E3" - Thoughts?

First of all, why do you think there's no mention of the 360?

And from a more personal stand point, why are they announcing FF XV when XIV hasn't even been fully released, nor Versus XIII? This is the kind of stuff that angers me about Square.

дурак

Isn't that Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

EDIT: Just did a little research, they just renamed Final Fantasy Verus XIII to Final Fantasy XV. Good thing too, since I don't quite understand what Versus XIII was supposed to mean.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Nope, nothing

Isn't that footage from Versus XIII?

PRO Member

Interesting... Versus 13 appears to be getting it's own number.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    EDIT: Just did a little research, they just renamed Final Fantasy Verus XIII to Final Fantasy XV. Good thing too, since I don't quite understand what Versus XIII was supposed to mean.
    They did? Link to info please?

PRO Member

Isn't that Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

I'm not surprised that they would do this. I fully expect a 13-3 at some point, and it's probably a good idea to separate the two since they aren't really related.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    They did? Link to info please?
    Read a little bit more, and they "allegedly" changed the name. Spoke a bit too soon but yeah

Oh and there's a few links, but nothing from anything too reputable, so take what I said with a huge grain of salt.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII renamed Final Fantasy XV? | Games industry news | MCV

People are claiming the video is "fake", but we'll have to wait and see. Personally I hope it's true, I always hated the name Versus XIII, and the game does look promising. So I'd rather it not have anything to do with FFXIII which I don't care for.

The other thing is, it doesn't look like it will be coming to the 360 since it only featured the PS3 and WiiU logo at the end of trailer.

So this is just a rumor for now, but a very convincing one.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Well this is interesting. If Final Fantasy Versus XIII is no more (really, that name was only slightly less retarded than Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days) and has been converted to Final Fantasy XV, pretty sly move on Square Enix's part. I just hope that the Wii U version doesn't add even MORE delays.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Nope, nothing

Read a little bit more, and they "allegedly" changed the name. Spoke a bit too soon but yeah

Oh and there's a few links, but nothing from anything too reputable, so take what I said with a huge grain of salt.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII renamed Final Fantasy XV? | Games industry news | MCV

People are claiming the video is "fake", but we'll have to wait and see. Personally I hope it's true, I always hated the name Versus XIII, and the game does look promising.
    Thanks, man.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the name, there's no real reason to keep it tied to XIII, apart from the fact it's supposedly set in the same Universe

As long as the game does change from what we've seen so far then I don't mind what it's called.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Thanks, man.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the name, there's no real reason to keep it tied to XIII, apart from the fact it's supposedly set in the same Universe

As long as the game does change from what we've seen so far then I don't mind what it's called.
    Well to be fair, this will be the first time that two non-sequential numeric titles are in the same universe, a first for the series. Although Final Fantasy XII took place in the already created world of Ivalice and it's possible that there is a link between Final Fantasy XI's Vana'diel and Final Fantasy XIV's Eorzea (alternate timeline, spacial displacement, or other fun RPG explanation). This is a first nonetheless in the series

^ this will all look like a foreign language to a person who isn't at least a mild Square Enix fanboy. @[email protected]

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the name change will add at least two more years to the development time, ffxv in 2020, how can we possibly wait eight more years for a game that was already announced like five years ago?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

for some reason i think this will add to the development time.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 6 - Silver

They changed Final Fantasy Agaito 13 to Type O, so why not change Verses 13 to 15. The game is taking so long it might as well become Final Fantasy 15.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Well when SE changed Agaito's name to Type O and released FFXIII-2. It was only a matter of time before "Versus" had it's name changed. Besides considering how long it's taking for it to come out. It will seem like FF15 anyway.
    I know a lot of people are bent out of shape by all of the delays of what is now FFXIV. In all honesty I stopped wondering when it would come out. Much like with GT5. I'll get excited for the games release. When SE says it's gone gold. Other than that I wont be holding my breath or getting pissed because it isn't out yet.
    Thirdly it does seem odd that it's not coming out for the 360. But then again. I have to check to see if "Versus" was ever going to be on the 360 in the first place. Because from what I can remember. "Versus" was never meant to be on the 360 anyway.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Looks pretty awesome.
    A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.

PRO Member

Awesome so verus is now ffxv this I like alot meaning it's next finally.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

I hope they did change the name. Maybe the found some marbles again lol. If it has different characters and different plot, give it a different name lol. Why would they want to attach a new game to an old game that failed AND succeeded at the same time anyway? SE...? Have you lost your mind? LOL

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizationXiLL View Post
    I hope they did change the name. Maybe the found some marbles again lol. If it has different characters and different plot, give it a different name lol. Why would they want to attach a new game to an old game that failed AND succeeded at the same time anyway? SE...? Have you lost your mind? LOL
    Well to be completely fair and honest. The reason why it was called FF13 Versus. Was because it took place in the same universe as FF13 does or did or whatever. Up until now. No FF game that has taken place in the same universe. Has ever received a new number. That is until they changed FF13 Agaito to Type O and now Versus to FFXIV. The game being named Versus and being tied to the installment number XIII. Was decided long before FFXIII's success or failure, depending on who you ask.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Game on....

Final Fantasy XV is a much better title name than FFXIII Versus. I am even more hyped about this game now. Put me in a cryostasis chamber and wake up me up when the game is released

Level 5 Esper

This looks great!! FFv13 is finally potentially getting created Hopefully there'll be more news on this and not just a fake thing
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast