Hyperkin to Debut Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3

This is a discussion on Hyperkin to Debut Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; [hide] [top] Hyperkin to Debut Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3 NEWPORT BEACH, CA (May 2012) – With ...

Synthwave <3

Hyperkin to Debut Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3

[top]Hyperkin to Debut Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3

NEWPORT BEACH, CA (May 2012) – With games being released at lightning speeds these days, gamers are always looking for ways to make playing and finishing their games easier in order to move on to the next game. Many gamers today don’t have the time or patience to perform the leveling up and practicing that many games require. This is why Hyperkin is releasing the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3, a game enhancement device that unlocks several cheats that can assist any gamer to overcome even the most impossible of games.

The Game Genie works by modifying save data with cheat codes that unlock a variety of possibilities. The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 is the first code device amongst any competitor’s products that actually manipulates save files and works for the PS3. Hyperkin will debut the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 at E3, the premier trade show for the video game industry. Located in Booth #417 in the South Hall, the Hyperkin booth will offer E3 attendees the opportunity to see firsthand the kinds of cheats available for several blockbuster games such as Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Twisted Metal, Street Fighter X Tekken and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Attendees will get to experience the power of maximum lives, ammo, power-ups and unlocked levels that make any game easily beatable.

The Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 comes in a USB flash drive that contains an installation program that allows users to transfer save files between the PS3 and the PC. Players can use the PC program in the USB drive in order to write cheats onto their save files. Players can then transfer the edited save files from their PC back onto their PS3 to enjoy a powered-up game file. The Game Genie PC program works through a continuously updated server that adds the newest codes for the newest games. Players can find all the updates available at the Game Genie website at www.thegamegenie.com, the Game Genie Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thegamegenie and the Game Genie Twitter @TheGameGenieUSA.

“The Game Genie is a simple to use, affordable, and powerful tool for unlocking the secrets of every PS3 game,” stated Steven Mar, Hyperkin’s Executive Director. “The Game Genie allows even the most novice gamers to breeze past the hard or boring parts of games, leveling the playing field for a more enjoyable experience.”

Product Highlights

• Ability to load, upload and back up save data.
    • Automatic profile reassignment
    • Unlocks secret content through cheat codes to beat any game
    • Secure access to comprehensive, continuously updated cheat database

http://hyperkin.com/blog/2012/06/gam...r-for-ps3-faq/

What do you think about this?
    Last edited by bnecker717; 06-21-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think Sony will have a fair amount to say about this. I can't imagine them giving this any warmer a reception than they have to users who used "jailbreak" software on their consoles.

If Sony does this, they'll have my full support. If people who want to use this Game Genie get smacked around with the banhammer (or something similar), they won't get any sympathy from me. If those same people then go on to whine about it, I'll be rooting for a massive dose of comeuppance from the Karma Police on top of that.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

meh, dont really mind

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Sinner and Saint

I really don't mind it as long as trophies are disabled while said "genie" is in use. It'd irk me for someone to plat a game I spent a month on in a matter of hours with this. But other than that, let them n00bs have their fun I say.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Im fine with it as long as the cheats dont roll over into multi-player. If that happens then the bans should come for those who cheat.

Legend...Nuff Said

As long as trophies are disabled then its not a problem with me.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I use game genie on my SNES all the time. As long as it has no effect in Multiplayer and disables trophies, I'm fine with it.

PRO Member

Trophies BETTER be disabled when this piece of "Hacking" is on. The last thing we need is cheaters like Hakoom and Duck360 getting more Platinums using this stuff.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Really whats the point in buying and playing games if you have to cheat to beat it. Completely ruins the experience and a waste of money.

With exception to games like GTA which cheats are just used for fun things.

Hardcore!!!

Via EGMNow: Game Genie Is Back It’s On PS3 And It’s Coming July 7th ” INTERVIEW NOW “ | EGMNOW

It WON'T go online to keep the online pure.

Most of you are idiots because of the single-player mode trophies is what a lot of other people like myself and a few of my friends are actually looking for and to some people, once they get through the story and they think it is crap, they don't freaking want to go through it again (yet the stupid point is that they go through it on easy, get a trophy, then have to go back on hard to get every other difficulty trophy hence why I go on the hardest first to avoid that problem [Mass Effect 2 is bullshit on the hardest difficulty, even WITH all of my crap on me]).

I played Uncharted on Hard and got every OTHER trophy besides the Crushing Difficulty. Crushing is BULLSHIT. I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th levels before quitting. I prefer something where it would manipulate into making Crushing so much more easier so I can get that Uncharted Platinum. Yes, I had to cheat, but it was worth it because I got through the game on Hard yet Crushing is basically the Bullshit Difficulty and it is too difficult for me.

Looking at it, they could be able to actually pin the trophies with some type of key or code to tell, "Hey, I cheated to get this trophy." or something.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Why did no one ask if it would disable trophies at the interview????? Grrrr.........

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by RyJ32 View Post
    Why did no one ask if it would disable trophies at the interview????? Grrrr.........
    I agree, it would've been nice to hear for sure if this will have any effect on trophies or not.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

I agree with the majority of people here. I hope it dissables trophies so people ca't get cheap plats on hard games.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    I agree with the majority of people here. I hope it dissables trophies so people ca't get cheap plats on hard games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Trophies BETTER be disabled when this piece of "Hacking" is on. The last thing we need is cheaters like Hakoom and Duck360 getting more Platinums using this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    I really don't mind it as long as trophies are disabled while said "genie" is in use. It'd irk me for someone to plat a game I spent a month on in a matter of hours with this. But other than that, let them n00bs have their fun I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    As long as trophies are disabled then its not a problem with me.
    Watching the promo video at the God of War (1:12 in) point you see a trophy pop as they are showing it off, so I'm thinking it won't disable them...

EDIT: The faq here says otherwise though... kinda

http://hyperkin.com/blog/2012/06/gam...r-for-ps3-faq/

Q. Will the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 interfere with trophy acquisition?
    A. Yes. Most of the enhancements will disable majority of the trophy acquisitions. Because the trophy system is based on achieving certain accomplishments under certain conditions, some of the enhancements of the Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 will disrupt some of those conditions and make many trophies unobtainable. Some trophies will still be obtainable even with enhancements on, such as obtaining a certain item at a shop that was obtained using a max amount of money.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by JagDogger View Post
    Looking at it, they could be able to actually pin the trophies with some type of key or code to tell, "Hey, I cheated to get this trophy." or something.
    Well, that's a good idea. If this really does still work with trophies then that might be a good solution to help differentiate those that earned it the hard way and those that used the Game Genie.

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Watching the promo video at the God of War (1:12 in) point you see a trophy pop as they are showing it off, so I'm thinking it won't disable them...

Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 FAQ by Hyperkin | Hyperkin Blog
    Wow, I haven't seen this video yet, thanks for sharing! I'll add it to the OP.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

INTJ

best part about it is it's almost undetectable.

it makes a save file for itself.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So this thing came out today, available on Amazon right now

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post

Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 FAQ by Hyperkin | Hyperkin Blog
    The video makes perfect sense with the FAQ explanation. Basically trophies will still unlock if the criteria is still met. The game genie will just give you the criteria in five seconds instead of five hours, like with money and XP and ammo. So trophies involving things like that are going to be easier to get.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Til Death Do Us Part

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The video makes perfect sense with the FAQ explanation. Basically trophies will still unlock if the criteria is still met. The game genie will just give you the criteria in five seconds instead of five hours, like with money and XP and ammo. So trophies involving things like that are going to be easier to get.
    GAY
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    GAY
    Its basically doing what a game genie has done since the dawn of time. It will make things interesting if the trophy is not distinguished in any sort of way from non-GG ones.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part