Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dealing with backlog

This is a discussion on Dealing with backlog within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have some 50 games that I haven't started. I'm slowly getting through a short list I made to maximize ...

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I have some 50 games that I haven't started. I'm slowly getting through a short list I made to maximize the number I actually get through. I start by thinking what I really want to play first and start from there.

The reason I have a lot is that I'm always looking to get them cheap. I never get games newer than 6 months old and make big savings. But at the same time the more I add the more I think to myself 'how the heck am I going to find the time to play all these?'

Lvl 3 - Bronze

in terms of a backlog trophy wise, i am currently playing games with online trophies (fear of servers being shut-down) with a plan to 100% or plat them at a latter date - 101 games with an average completion rate of 57%

my backlog problem lately has been my younger sisters fault as she buys games to add to the collection eg: jak collection, devil may cry collection, bayonetta, dead space with plans to add ratchet collection
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Local Drunk

I've only got 3 games that I haven't played yet. The price of games helps keep the backlog down.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I never have a great deal of money so that is a key factor for keeping my backlog in check,no money,no games However,i do have some games that i have acquired but not played yet but i always play one game untikl i plat it and then move on to the next unless im playing some games with my daughter.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

Like DragonWolf, I have a huge backlog of games too. I'm not sure if its quite as big as his (99) but its not far off. Since returning to college back in May, I've barely even touched my PS3 and just last night, I went out and bought a new 3DS and Pokemon White so my games are going to have to wait even longer.

If it wasn't for trophies, I'd already have beaten most of them by now and moved on. However, the completion-est in me wants to aquire every trophy, even if that means forcing myself to do things I hate like reach "x level online". The more time I stop and think about it, the more I wish trophies were never invented. I might just stop chasing after trophies altogether but I'm willing to bet that whenever I start a new games I'll always want to go for the plat.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

That Southern B****

Well my backlog isn't very big. Most of it is just going back to get random trophies. There is only two games in it that need to be completed.

However, the list of games I want to play and havent started...now thats pretty huge. Everytime I think I'm getting it down, new games come out ><
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    lol your got nothing on your backlog lists compared to mine but I'm doign quite well with it this yr only new game I finished this yr is resident evil orc the rest have all been backlog so 22 finished this yr but many more to go..oh and it's on more then just the one console..but good luck with yours.
    Same here, actually. My backlog goes back to the N64--I just posted on PS3 games because...that's the topic of the forum, and that's the console I've devised a System for to get through the backlog.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I wish I had a huge backlog right now. Kinda worked thru it and now I'm having a hard time building it back up. Can't seem to find some solid SP games. Just bought Skyrim but that and ME2 are the only games I have to play SP right now.

Resident PHD

I will just randomly pick a game and decide I am playing that one now. I just did that recently with Alice and ended up loving the game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Kind of like what Dr. Mayus said. Sometimes I'll play 2 or more games and see what i get a feel for and then stick with that untill I plat it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    I have some 50 games that I haven't started. I'm slowly getting through a short list I made to maximize the number I actually get through. I start by thinking what I really want to play first and start from there.

The reason I have a lot is that I'm always looking to get them cheap. I never get games newer than 6 months old and make big savings. But at the same time the more I add the more I think to myself 'how the heck am I going to find the time to play all these?'
    ^^This!!^^ I'm in the same boat. The thing is: Work on one game at a time. Sometimes, I work on 3 games at a time, and which ever one I'm close to the based on trophy %, then I zero in on that game until I get the . I have plenty of unfinished games on my list, and with good reason: I don't feel like finishing it up at the moment. I may pick it up down the line cheap, and finish it up. Once I get through the majority of my backlog, then I go looking for a game that I want to finish, but didn't (Ex: Sonic Generations).

Lvl 7 - Gold

i have some but only 5 games, when i finish this current game i go to playing those

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    I wish I had a huge backlog right now. Kinda worked thru it and now I'm having a hard time building it back up. Can't seem to find some solid SP games. Just bought Skyrim but that and ME2 are the only games I have to play SP right now.
    I looked at your list and I can hand you a couple of recs--Bayonetta is extremely good, and I'm enjoying Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Tales of Graces, all of which are single-player. But then again--you have Skyrim. You're probably good for the next few hundred hours (maybe more if you really get into it).

Indie Game Developer

Duude, whoever mentioned psn profiles before is awesome. I've been looking for a statistic that tells me my total trophy completion forever! I'm apparently 84.87% done, but that obviously doesn't count games I've not even put in my PS3 yet. My backlog problems are split into two categories: games on my trophy list that I can still get more trophies in that I need to revisit, and games sitting on my shelf that are still untouched. I have about 10 games untouched, and 20 games to be cleaned up. Meanwhile, I'm also working on Gran Turismo 5 and I keep looking to buy more Vita games. Then, we look at my shelf and see that games on my backlog include Mass Effect 2 and Dark Souls, and I don't think I'll ever finish everything this summer :/

Oh well, at least I have a new goal of getting to 90% trophy completion, with my new friend psn profiles

EDIT: Wow, do we block every other site that has trophies? How about instead of censoring their names, we actually incorporate some of their features on this site so we don't have to look elsewhere :|
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    EDIT: Wow, do we block every other site that has trophies? How about instead of censoring their names, we actually incorporate some of their features on this site so we don't have to look elsewhere :|
    Yeah this site does block other sites like the one you mentioned. I believe I was the one who mentioned it in the other thread when you asked how to calculate your trophy %. Also, the guy who owns the Profiles site use to be an Admin here and code but he left awhile ago for some reason or another.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Yeah this site does block other sites like the one you mentioned. I believe I was the one who mentioned it in the other thread when you asked how to calculate your trophy %. Also, the guy who owns the Profiles site use to be an Admin here and code but he left awhile ago for some reason or another.
    Oh really? Which admin was it?
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Oh really? Which admin was it?
    Let's keep the past in the past. If you don't know or if you wasn't around when it happen, please don't bring it. That is how bad things get said and this site will feel like a middle school. Please let it rest.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    ^^This!!^^ I'm in the same boat. The thing is: Work on one game at a time. Sometimes, I work on 3 games at a time, and which ever one I'm close to the based on trophy %, then I zero in on that game until I get the . I have plenty of unfinished games on my list, and with good reason: I don't feel like finishing it up at the moment. I may pick it up down the line cheap, and finish it up. Once I get through the majority of my backlog, then I go looking for a game that I want to finish, but didn't (Ex: Sonic Generations).
    id be more than happy to take a few off your hands

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    id be more than happy to take a few off your hands
    If your willing to pay for a few or trade, then sure!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

a backlog can be overwhelming when you look at the whole picture (assuming you have a LOT back there), but ive been caught at times with no trophies to aim for, THATS the time to really be scared. at the end of the night, be thankful you'll have plenty to play in the years to come

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast