Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dealing with backlog

This is a discussion on Dealing with backlog within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; with the new PS+ update (i will grab everything) my backlog is going to be INSANE...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

with the new PS+ update (i will grab everything) my backlog is going to be INSANE
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Basic rule i have, if i start it and don't feel it deserves more time after a few hours in, then i cut my losses and move on, trophies are irrelevant in the decision.

Oh and renting certainly helps these days, used to end up with a sackload of games to play and nowhere near enough time to play them, rental play means i waste less money on stuff i only end up getting an hour into without joy but get to at least give a go.

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Let's keep the past in the past. If you don't know or if you wasn't around when it happen, please don't bring it. That is how bad things get said and this site will feel like a middle school. Please let it rest.
    Sorry, I was just curious. I've been here since 2009 but I had no idea about any of this stuff that happened after the crash.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Basic rule i have, if i start it and don't feel it deserves more time after a few hours in, then i cut my losses and move on, trophies are irrelevant in the decision.
    I'm gonna adopt this rule of yours

PRO Member

I have a pretty sizable backlog shelf as well. But, the first thing you want to remember when you start getting behind is if the game has online trophies then you need to get those out of the way ASAP. Especially, if the game is older or an EA title. Lol
    Next, don't buy new games if your not planning to start them. I usually will only pick up older titles when the deal is too good to pass up. Usually found on Amazon. The reason being if the new game sits on backlog shelf for 6 months. Chances are the games price has come down.

Like I said most of the games in my unopened collection are $20 or less games. With no online trophies so no rush to knock them out yet
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Sorry, I was just curious. I've been here since 2009 but I had no idea about any of this stuff that happened after the crash.
    I tried to avoid what was going between the ppl involved. From that day on, I never mention or spoke of it. You have ppl that showed their loyalty and I was pretty shocked. It's good and bad to know what is going but you have to remember that this site can turn into middle school very quick.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I now have backlog due to the free games I got from ps plus but in time I will sort it out
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

I have quite a backlog of at least 15 games, and if I end up getting the new games from PS + I'll have even more. But I jsut go randomly and decide what game to go back to.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Until recently i was really bad with backlog, I had a good 30 or so games to get done at one point. Since i'll be going to university in 2 years time i've been trying to get all my games finished up (or at least most of them) before i head out due to the uncertainty of me being able to game that much. Anyway, I just make sure to set games with an online component to their as higher priority than say a single-player only game. Now, I have been guilty of leaving these single-player only games to sit for months without touching them, but I've been spending more time on these games as of recently and it really has helped relieve the backlog, so that's my tip to anybody that has a long backlog.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I have a backlog of 7 or 8 games that I've yet to start working on, and with all the free games available on the Store just now, that's likely to increase to 10 or 11 games. However, you can't argue with free games!

I doubt I'll be able to commit fully to each game, but I am committing not to buy any more until I put a fair-sized dent in said backlog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123