Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dealing with backlog

This is a discussion on Dealing with backlog within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; "Backlog" being "that list of games that I own that I need to play someday." IDK if I am alone ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dealing with backlog

"Backlog" being "that list of games that I own that I need to play someday."

IDK if I am alone in this, but mine is huge. It's disgraceful, really. I'm trying to introduce a new method to keep it under control: No buying new PS3 games* until my average trophy completion is at least one-third (33.3%). What about you, PS3Trophies? Do you have huge backlogs or none at all? Do you use any methods to keep things under control?

*barring things like preorders--I'm not going to let a dinky percentage point get between me and Assassin's Creed III, for example.

PRO Member

Have you tried renting? I play one game at a time and I'll rent the games I know won't take long to beat... I'm not into all types of games like many are so I guess that helps too

Sig by Smashguy

Legend...Nuff Said

My backlog is huge as well. I finally got it to 40% completion but that is nothing for me to be proud of. Mine is not as big as lot of other people's though.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Closing this account

You suffer from what I call "Gimme Gimme Syndrome" thise games aren't going anywhere, just play 1 at a time. I have 2 games that I cant cant bring myself to play.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    You suffer from what I call "Gimme Gimme Syndrome" thise games aren't going anywhere, just play 1 at a time. I have 2 games that I cant cant bring myself to play.
    I suffer from this as well. Except my backlog is longer than 2 titles.

PRO Member

Fuck it...play the games that you want because you enjoy them. Like the Black Samurai says, they're not going anywhere!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I have over 160 games I haven't installed/started/or got trophies for. That includes PSN and Disc games. And me and my bro keep buying more but who cares. This way I'll always have something to do.

Lvl 9 - Gold

wtf jbond.. would love your bank acc or the time to play 1/4 of them. I normally buy a couple with trade-ins then finish them and so goes the cycle. (i keep the good ones tho)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man-023 View Post
    wtf jbond.. would love your bank acc or the time to play 1/4 of them. I normally buy a couple with trade-ins then finish them and so goes the cycle. (i keep the good ones tho)
    I have a similar situation to the one jbond said.

Thing is i am the library for my friends, and i got good deals.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I used to have a huge backlog, but now I have been completing more of my games. I haven't been buying any games recently. I have been working on trying to plat and get 100% on some of my old games I have in my backlog. My completion rate is now 81% according to psn profiles .com. I want to get over atleast 90% completion sometime soon. Try to make a checklist and write down what games you want to work on, then once you completed them move on to the next game on your list.

Legalize it...

I never had a backlog til recently when I caught some good deals, about 12 or so games. I try to play them in the order I get them or, for what type of game Im in the mood to play. Ill also go by how long it takes to beat...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick8095 View Post
    I used to have a huge backlog, but now I have been completing more of my games. I haven't been buying any games recently. I have been working on trying to plat and get 100% on some of my old games I have in my backlog. My completion rate is now 81% according to psn profiles .com. I want to get over atleast 90% completion sometime soon. Try to make a checklist and write down what games you want to work on, then once you completed them move on to the next game on your list.
    I actually have a pretty little 'game plan' in a doc on my computer--"next time I open [x game] I will try for [a, b, c trophy]. Like--for Bayonetta, one of the things I should do next I open it is try for the Higher and Higher trophy, for Assassin's Creed Revelations, keep leveling assassins for The Mentor and grinding cash for Sage, so on and so forth. Then I use Random.org to decide what game I want to play next, and it's off to the races. But yes. Checklists. I do so love them.

An old-fashioned cowboy

I recently came to accept the fact that I'm never not gonna have a backlog. At the end up of April I only had 2 games that I hadn't played (which took me several months to bring down) but a week later I was back up to 5 games and now I'm back up to 8 games again.

I know it's nowhere near as big as other people's backlogs but still. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a backlog.

PRO Member

I had quite a sizable backlog until recently when I cleaned up a few titles from it, a lot of my remaining games are RPGs though, so it'll be some time before I slim it too much further.
    Also as sushisocks said checklists are awesome!

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I have a huge backlog. I have 10-15 games that I haven't started yet that aren't on my trophy list. Then I have the 10-15 or so games on my trophy list that I wanna go back to and plat It'll never get done. I've finally made myself quit buying more games unless it's an awesome deal.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have such a HUGE backlog I avoid actually counting the number of games I have yet to play cause I know it will scare me. I plan to get through them all one day, I have no idea if this is actually realistic or not but it makes me feel better.

I have a hard time resisting game sales so Im afraid the number won't decrease any time soon but I do play more now than ever so I think it makes a bit more of a balance.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Beast Incarnate

If you take a quick peek at my checklist, you'll see all the games I have started but not finished and all of the games I haven't even started yet. My backlog totals 99 games at the moment, which is stupid. Honestly, I have no method on how I'll get through them all, especially now as my gaming time has been severely limited. Some I may never get to, but I'll try, even if I don't get to plat them.

EDIT: 101 if you count the 2 I am currently playing...

INTJ

you should see my steam library.

their sales are so good it's a bad idea not to buy em

Winter Is Coming

I have a few on my list that need cleaning up on but i don't have any i haven't started yet. I usually like to play one game at a time so i never have more than 1 game in my backlog. I can't imagine ever having 100+ games in my backlog, thats crazy lol

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sushisocks View Post
    "Backlog" being "that list of games that I own that I need to play someday."

IDK if I am alone in this, but mine is huge. It's disgraceful, really. I'm trying to introduce a new method to keep it under control: No buying new PS3 games* until my average trophy completion is at least one-third (33.3%). What about you, PS3Trophies? Do you have huge backlogs or none at all? Do you use any methods to keep things under control?

*barring things like preorders--I'm not going to let a dinky percentage point get between me and Assassin's Creed III, for example.
    lol your got nothing on your backlog lists compared to mine but I'm doign quite well with it this yr only new game I finished this yr is resident evil orc the rest have all been backlog so 22 finished this yr but many more to go..oh and it's on more then just the one console..but good luck with yours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast