Diablo 3 coming to PS3?

This is a discussion on Diablo 3 coming to PS3? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Diablo 3 on PlayStation 3 has been listed by German online retailer RedCoon . Product details state the game will ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

Diablo 3 coming to PS3?

Diablo 3 on PlayStation 3 has been listed by German online retailer RedCoon.Product details state the game will offer "Multiplayer support via Battle.net, with opportunities for cooperative and competitive" play. The game is not listed for Xbox 360. If authentic, this could be simply be an oversight, or perhaps an indication the console version Diablo III could be a PS3 exclusive.

There have been rumours of Blizzard's RPG coming to consoles for a while now. Last year a job listing appeared on Blizzard's site for a "Senior Producer, Console Diablo 3". And earlier this year, Blizzard community manager Micah “Bashiok” Whipple said on Twitter that Josh Mosqueira - the game's lead designer - was also leading the Diablo console project. Blizzard was quick to downplay a console version of Diablo, however, saying that Bashiok's tweet was merely "confirmation that we’re actively exploring the possibility of developing a console version of Diablo III, as we’ve mentioned in the past,” and "not a confirmation that Diablo III is coming to any console platform.”
    If this is more than a simple mistake, expect details at Sony's E3 Press Conference today Sony (6.00pm PST/9.00pm EST/2.00am BST/3.00am CEST/11.00am AEST).

Seeing as I'm not a PC gamer, this would be pretty awesome for me, as I'd love to try the game out for myself.

Source: Diablo 3 on PlayStation 3 Listed By Retailer - IGN

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Legend...Nuff Said

That would be pretty sweet. I am not a PC gamer as well, and I played a hell of a lot of Diablo 1 on the PSX.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Trophy Guide Kitten

I have never played this game or the ones before it, but IF it did come to the ps3 I would. I've seen commercials for it for the pc and it looks pretty amazing.
    K? Thanks

Lvl 6 - Silver

this would make it difficult for me to decide whether i get it on pc or ps3.....probably both . this would definitely be interesting, but i imagine you wouldnt be able to play with those on the PC version which will be a downer

The only sane person here

I hope this is true! Maybe even some cross platform play with pc gamers would be a nice feature as well!

Platinum Procrastinator

As much as I want this to be true, I'm not sure how good it'll play with a PS3 analog controller. I know a certain someone will come in here and mention the Xim3 () so I may have to invest in one eventually.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Rainbow in the dark

Good for Sony to get more and more games for its console, i'd rather have them do it with some of the xbox games but thats besides the point... As for me i hate Diablo's gameplay so i won't bother with it
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 9 - Gold

If this happens, I'll have to buy it again. It's really annoying to not be able to play when my internet goes down, or when Blizzard decides to shut their servers down for maintenance or whathaveyou. Though, if they include an always-online DRM in the PS3 version as well, then I won't bother... that would be really shitty of them.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I like how it says since it's not listed on xbox it must not be true. Ever heard of exclusives you biased-ass morons...
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    As much as I want this to be true, I'm not sure how good it'll play with a PS3 analog controller. I know a certain someone will come in here and mention the Xim3 () so I may have to invest in one eventually.
    Being that certain someone, let me remind you that Sacred 2 works as well if not better on a Dualshock as it does with a mouse.

Point and click ARPG's like Diablo have always felt clumsy with a mouse. If D3 comes to console, it should have similar controls to Sacred and will make good use of wheel menus. It'll play like a dual stick shooter, not dissimilar to the Tomb Raider PSN game or even Stardust in terms of controls.

BTW - Xim Edge is in development, is fully PS3 compatible out of the box and will be a lot cheaper (no LCD screen, all config will be via PC). That means Dualshock with 6-axis support for the handful of shooters that use it, like Killzone 2 & 3.

I love my Xim, wouldn't play shooters without it , but it won't be needed for D3.

INTJ

now everyones accounts can get hacked then error 37'd!

also the story is terrible

Lvl 3 - Bronze

thats good news (if confirmed) it will sell like crazy, and perhaps give a shot for sony to have a title on number 1 console charts. also and beyond diablo there is a chance of witcher 1 for ps3 exclusive, well has been proved that ALOT of this rumours became true..... so GO SONY GO !!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Other retailers have Diablo 3 listed for both the 360 and PS3 but I doubt this is anything more than a rumour right now.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    now everyones accounts can get hacked then error 37'd!

also the story is terrible
    Only if, as I hope they don't do, they make the console version be always-online. If I can opt to play it offline, then that shall be my preferred way to play. Still haven't been hacked on PC, and would avoid the possibility completely on console.