Leaving the platnium hunting for awhile

This is a discussion on Leaving the platnium hunting for awhile within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have desided to stop looking for plats and just start gaming like the old days. I have found myself ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Leaving the platnium hunting for awhile

I have desided to stop looking for plats and just start gaming like the old days. I have found myself concentrating on plats so much lately that I have found that I have lost that love for gaming. I found it has just taken away from my gaming experience so I am just going to play games like I used to and try and get that passion back! Anyone got any suggestions on another method that they found worked for them if they were in a similar situation before? Would love to hear some feedback

PRO Member

Don't worry just keep gaming as u like, trophies? is just an extra is not necessary to obtain them

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Play games that you like for plats, for now avoid grinder plats and games you played just for trophies. It's all I got, but I have to say I'm about ready for a break as well. A couple games have taken their toll on me.

NSFW

That happens to a lot of people (no seriously, we've gotten this a lot), take a breather and game the way you want to game. It's your life and your choice. People just needs breaks every once in a while.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Royal Flush X2

Lately after getting a I've been playing Twisted Metal or even Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for fun. Though with UMVC3, I'm only playing with friends on my PSN list, not randoms in that game as it's the worst online experience I ever had but with friends it's a fun game. For a couple of days I'll do this and then I'll feel ready to go for another

Rainbow in the dark

P.D.S platinum depression syndrome ( i made that one up) and only after obtaining 6 plats tsk tsk... Anyways what i did was i started playing some pre trophy games like DMC4, i found myself missing that beautiful trophy ping sound after only 2 hours of gameplay. You should try it
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for the positive feedback. I havent lost my love for that ping its just the plats im so close too and the only trophies i need are the grinding and i cant bring myself to do it anymore.

Game on....

Rule number one about gaming and trophies. NEVER aim for any trophies on your first playthrough of a game and rule number two is don't play any game EVER just to earn trophies! Always make sure the game your playing is a game you want to play.

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Rule number one about gaming and trophies. NEVER aim for any trophies on your first playthrough of a game and rule number two is don't play any game EVER just to earn trophies! Always make sure the game your playing is a game you want to play.
    Exactly this. I use these same two "rules" and everything has worked out thusfar.

Lvl 7 - Gold

My gaming model is to only grind out trophies on games I really enjoy. One of the most time consuming games for trophies was Nier. By the time I was done with it, I was a little sick of killing enemies to get rare loot drops for a trophy, but I'm proud I got the platinum, and I absolutely loved the game. The key is to never force yourself to play games you don't enjoy.

And if you get tired of grinding a game you've liked, put it on the shelf. You'll likely get the itch to play it sometime in the future, so you can always go back to getting trophies then. As long as it's not an online based trophy, the chance to get it is always going to be there.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'd suggest going back to some games without trophies as well. I'm replaying the original 3 Ratchet and Clanks right now just to chill out

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

ybt
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lol.I´ve been there budy, I got tired of trophies and decided to play old fashion way, one piece of advise, don't get rid of the games you haven't plat yet, I took a break from trophies and played like 6 or 7 games, (good thing I kept them, did't sell them or traded them), now I just take it easy, I'm platting games I had up to a year ago. we all hit rock bottom in our trophy hunting quest, it's normal, just take it EZ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Great idea. I'm going to take it a bit slow too soon. I'm going to play more AC:R multiplayer, and I'll buy BF3 soon and I'll just play the multiplayer most of the time without going for the trophies all the time. I just want to make some videos with my just bought Aver Media. I have only made 2 videos in like 2 weeks so I feel like I use it too less. And the other hand, I shouldn't worry about that too much and make TOO many videos.
    Just need some beast gameplay in AC:R and BF3 and I'll be good to go.

PRO Member

Play games you enjoy and not just for the trophy... I have a lot of games just because they were fast to plat, but I don't do that as much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    P.D.S platinum depression syndrome ( i made that one up) and only after obtaining 6 plats tsk tsk... Anyways what i did was i started playing some pre trophy games like DMC4, i found myself missing that beautiful trophy ping sound after only 2 hours of gameplay. You should try it
    P.D.S

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Play Old psx or Ps2 games, no trophies and all the fun, Metal Gear Solid 1 or maybe the suikoden saga, keep playing a game only for the trophy is very frustrating sometimes and not fun, take a rest and come back to hunting if you want. Assasin Creed I has no trophies (i wonder if someone got all the flags without trophy, xbox version has its achievement) if you want this gen games.

I think im near PDS like you, maybe is time to play Diablo III or something like that (Diablo has no trophys right? Wow has...)
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”

Dull Ember

Trophy fatigue

I've been gaming for 25 years but only been catching trophies for the last 18 months or so. Recently I've been finding the act of playing a game for trophies is getting me down. I plan my gaming style around the best way to get trohies and I think I have sucked all the fun out of something I used to love. I've tried playing games without trophy support but always feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm on the verge of quitting altogether.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Eruyome View Post
    Assasin Creed I has no trophies (i wonder if someone got all the flags without trophy, xbox version has its achievement) if you want this
    I got all the flags on the original Assassin's Creed when i wasn't concerned about achievements or trophies back in 2007.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I got all the flags on the original Assassin's Creed when i wasn't concerned about achievements or trophies back in 2007.
    Me too...there were soooooo many.

Back on topic, like others have said, it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself. Perhaps a break is all you need, but maybe not. Try and find something you enjoy doing because life is too short to not enjoy it to the fullest. Playing games before trophies/achievements was a blast and now they just add replayability/sense of accomplishment to each game, but only if you enjoy it at first. Best of luck to you man.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

I have kind of found myslef in the same boat lately. I am just having a hard time playing anything. I'll get back into the swing of things though and will enjoy once again.

Just follow the advice giving and it will be fun again.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 5 - Silver

I know the feeling i have been a gamer for the past 22 yrs. Personally have found myself not wanting to hunt platinum's anymore. =*( And i have a few rare platinum's that just really took a toll on me.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_