trophy syncing issue

This is a discussion on trophy syncing issue within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i just recently got a new 320 slim this past week and every time i've tried to sync my trophies ...

Prayer Warrior

trophy syncing issue

i just recently got a new 320 slim this past week and every time i've tried to sync my trophies it gets to about 13% then i get an error message and it kicks it back out. the funny thing is it's not the same error every time. ive seen at least 3 different error codes so it makes it harder to figure out i guess. anyone have the same problem and get it fixed? what should i do?

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Resident PHD

First run a connection test to make sure everything matches up. If you are fine there unplug your ps3 and router and leave off for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in and try again.

If still having problems I don't know how to help you (also it may take awhile because it has to sync up all of your trophies so don't worry if it sits at a number for a long time.)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

When you have a lot of trophies and try to put your account on a new system it always happens (at least to me anyways) when I got this PS3 mine kept timing out or giving error codes around 20%.I just kept re-doing it and finally it would get a little further each time. Took around hour or a little longer if I remember correctly.I was getting PO'd

You got a lot more trophies than me so i'd imagine it would take a while.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    First run a connection test to make sure everything matches up. If you are fine there unplug your ps3 and router and leave off for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in and try again.

If still having problems I don't know how to help you (also it may take awhile because it has to sync up all of your trophies so don't worry if it sits at a number for a long time.)

i'm connected to the internet just fine cause i can play games online and buy and download games from the store. i have unplugged both my ps3 and my router and tried again and still nothing. should i call sony? thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    When you have a lot of trophies and try to put your account on a new system it always happens (at least to me anyways) when I got this PS3 mine kept timing out or giving error codes around 20%.I just kept re-doing it and finally it would get a little further each time. Took around hour or a little longer if I remember correctly.I was getting PO'd

You got a lot more trophies than me so i'd imagine it would take a while.
    i'll keep trying over and over again after it errors out and maybe it will finally work. thanks for the help

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009