Need For Speed Most Wanted 2 Very Disappointing?

This is a discussion on Need For Speed Most Wanted 2 Very Disappointing? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hey guys so i just saw the video for most wanted 2 hours ago and it really disappointed me, i ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Need For Speed Most Wanted 2 Very Disappointing?

hey guys so i just saw the video for most wanted 2 hours ago and it really disappointed me, i mean sure u have the whole open world thing and car chases but if any of u remember the old NFS it was much better! i wanned lots of things that the devs failed to offer, like the car customization =/ i loved doing that! i really wanted them to have an exp points = money thing (kinda like black ops), so that in online mode we all have this stock car we cant sell, and then we play games to collect money points and use those buy new cars and upgrade them and thier weapons, and how cool would it be if they had online pinkslip races where u can win another guy's car to either use or sell, i really wanted those featres and i thought they might actually make them but instead the game just looks like hot persuit =/ dont get me wrong i love hot persuit i even platinumed it but it was .... blah.. no story, i platinumed the run as well the story was cool but it felt like i was replaying hot persuit again =/ i kno there's no much to get creative with in racing games but they cant just keep giving us the same game over n over again... espicially that most wanted 2 is ALSO gonna be powered by autolog, that thing is laggy and the whole online game play sucks becuz of it, hot persuit was fine but the run... flying cars? rlly?

if u guys wanna see wht im talking about here's the video

before any of u rant, i know the game is still under developement and im still buying it becuz it seems cool, im just really bummed that they didnt add any of those features... oh and i also wanna know wht you guys think they should do to make NFS cooler like wht do u wish for Most Wanted 2 to have?

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

PRO Member

Never care the series so no big deal idk y every while they release a sequal and i dont c any fun on it

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I'm gonna get the run first before this I don't like online much but single player could be fun
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

what they don't have customization in this one either?...in a most wanted sequel?...
    I dealt with the fact that Hot pursuit didn't because of the new awesome engine and breath of fresh air gameplay for me...
    But come on man I need to customize my cars in a need for speed game

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Prayer Warrior

well you have to remember this IS E3 and many things can change between now and release so how about you hold off judging the game till it gets closer to launch. or here's an idea......how about waiting till AFTER you have played the game to judge it. just a thought.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

FFS, LET ME CUSTOMIZE!! That was the best part about the old NFS series
    Sound systems, changing headlights, neons etc

The One and Only

This game looks more loose than The Run, which is what I expected coming from Criterion, as well as the fact that there's no car customization and the game has a higher degree of demolition than an average NFS game. Hopefully I'm able to cruise around the city and look for events while doing that.

The only thing I don't like about this game based on those clips is that I don't see a tachometer anywhere on the screen. Racing games with no tachometer makes the game feel incomplete, like Burnout Paradise, and for a NFS game, I don't want that experience when the game comes out.

As a gamer who's favorite genre overall is racing games, this game looks appealing to me. The handling of the Porsche looks better than most of the cars in The Run, and it would be great to have all the cars have handling that isn't as stiff as The Run. The game looks like it could be an open city world sequel of Hot Pursuit, except it looks like it gives you more liberty and choices overall in the game, since it's a second Most Wanted. The demolition can be toned down a bit, but I still like how Criterion didn't go over the top with the action and continue to implement NFS elements in the game. That's why Hot Pursuit got boring quick for me, because they went slightly over the top with the action (although it better matches Hot Pursuit than Most Wanted).

Looking at the trailer reminds me of The Run, except it's in one set city. I still want to pre-order this game and enjoy it as much as I can. I want Chambers and the TLT crew to give us more news on this game as it comes by.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Platinum Dohvakiin

Ok I'm going to ask the obvious question here. When is Criterion going to realize that. They are in fact supposed to be making a NFS game. And not Burnout with real cars this time around. I mean seriously. These guys have yet to realize that Car Customization IS an Element that needs to be in a Need For Speed game. I mean damn, you would think with the fact that it wasn't in Hot Pursuit. And how many people bitched about that. That this time around they would add it in. But from the looks of it. They are just ignoring all of that.
    The more I see and hear about this game. The less excited and the more pissed I become over it. I'm almost to the point. To where I wished they just left the Most Wanted 2 idea. Just that an idea. Because the game is shaping up to be anything but what it should be. And that's a NFS game.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 9 - Gold

How can you judge the whole game off the E3 demo. There may well be customization in the game and lots of other things that they aren't showing us yet. just be patient jeez.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    How can you judge the whole game off the E3 demo. There may well be customization in the game and lots of other things that they aren't showing us yet. just be patient jeez.
    Because as much heat they received for it not being in Hot Pursuit. To have an E3 Demo. And not show that they at least are trying to add it. Would have been the smart move. Because it would have made people feel at ease with them making this game. So either they aren't adding it, or they weren't smart enough to put it in the demo. Either way isn't making me feel any better about how they are making these NFS games.
    And as far as me being patient. I was patient and gave them every benefit of the doubt, before Hot Pursuit came out. Then I played the game. And it turned out to be the least enjoyable, most repetitive POS racing game I've ever played. So excusss me if my patients with them is a little thin. But if customization isn't in this game. I'm never buying another NFS game made by them again. It may seem like over kill. But As someone who actually did street race back in Atlanta from 1999-2003. Having a customized car. Was just as much a part of being in that life style. As it was how fast you ran a quarter mile. Not having it. Is like having every sports team wear the same colors.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 1 - Bronze

im getting a lotta heat for judging off of the E3 demo i did write a disclaimer below the video that i know its not complete yet but i really doubt theyd add those featres coz they didnt talk about them at all, i hope they add them coz most wanted was one of those games where ur this rebel and the cops wanna get u, just doesnt make sense driving a stock car, EA has been getting lazy with NFS and i doubt that their online servers would even support customized cars in online. just seems like a longshot thats all

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Burnout: Hot pursuit 2