Where does trophy progress get saved?

This is a discussion on Where does trophy progress get saved? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'll try to keep this short. I wonder where the progress to trophies get saved? As an example, I'm playing ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Where does trophy progress get saved?

I'll try to keep this short. I wonder where the progress to trophies get saved?
    As an example, I'm playing PES 2011 and for a trophy I need to play 10 seasons in the master league.
    Now I'm in my 4th, and I had to do a system reset of whatever that called, it deleted all my save files and stuff. So I put it on an USB stick and I just started playing again, I copied everything back except the system data, because I already created a new file for that, after starting up the game, download the newest update and making some basic settings. So I wonder what if the trophy progress is saved in the system data and I have to play another 3 or maybe even 4 extra seasons? Or does it 'detect' the amount of seasons I already played and updates that to the trophy progress? Or doesn't it get saved in the system data?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

the trophy progress is saved on the save file not the game data

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Change is mediocre

Yeah, as long as you don't have the trophy, the progress is saved on the save data.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ah I see. So what is the system data for? Just for settings and stuff?
    And in games as AC and COD you have a save file called 'Profile', what's in there?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

only sony exclusive games save their progress in the game data, all other games save it in the saved game file itself so ur in the clear =] goodluck wit ur trophy =D

about ur question regarding wht the game data is for, its basically settings saved for all users, like whenever you get an expansion pack or DLC, or an update it would get saved in the game data, i guess you can look at it as the root folder when you install a software on ur computer its kinda like that, it has the files the game needs to work, thats why even games that u havent saved ur progress in yet still have a game data folder on ur ps3, and thats why when you play on another ps3 even if ur using the same saved game you still have to redownload the DLC from the store, hope i made it clear >.<

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

WTF are you guys on about????

The trophies aren't saved anywhere on your PS3, at least not somewhere you could backup. The only way to backup is to synch your trophies online, if you don't do that and you buy a new ps3 or whatever your trophies are gone.

YOU MUST synch your trophies, that's the only way to back them up. They get saved online on Sony's servers

Lvl 4 - Silver

It turned out you guys are not completely right.
    The 'World Traveller' trophy in PES 2011 requires you need to play on all available stadiums. Because I was so stupid to not copy my system data over to my PS3, but instead I let the new one stay there, I had to replay in around half of the stadiums after I found out that I didn't got the trophy after playing in all stadiums. And don't tell me it's due to another reason, because I played the exact stadiums I did BEFORE copying to my USB (I kept track of it, because I knew something like this could happen) and I got the trophy after playing in the last stadium I needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ826 View Post
    WTF are you guys on about????

The trophies aren't saved anywhere on your PS3, at least not somewhere you could backup. The only way to backup is to synch your trophies online, if you don't do that and you buy a new ps3 or whatever your trophies are gone.

YOU MUST synch your trophies, that's the only way to back them up. They get saved online on Sony's servers
    That's not what I asked... I asked about PROGRESS.

Lvl 5 - Silver

As long as u saved ur data online thru ps+ or used a flash card ur good. You will pick up right were u left off at. Be very careful using the usb trick. I had to port over all my saved data from my 2nd ps3 to my 3rd ps3 using a flash card. When i added the data to my new ps3 i lost around 5 to 7 saves. After coping the data my files became corrupt. Now that i think of it when i ported my saved data from my 1st ps3 to my 2nd ps3 i came across a few games that would not copy the damn data to my damn flash card. I just wish sony would have made a damn portable memory card like on the other two playstations. You might want to invest in ps+ so none of this will happened. Keep in mind that when i ported my data's there was no ps+ Good luck mate!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MrCostari View Post
    That's not what I asked... I asked about PROGRESS.
    I see >_> mis-leading thread title. I thought where the progress is saved was too obvious tho to tell the truth. Anyway glad you got your problem fixed.