Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maximal Ding!: Aussies Bastards Interview

This is a discussion on Maximal Ding!: Aussies Bastards Interview within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewees with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Maximal Ding!: Aussies Bastards Interview

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewees with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

To see the 2012 May Open Cup click on this link below for commentary and results
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/si...mpetition.html

Max: Welcome everyone to Maximal Ding! I am your host Max Platinum and tonightís special guests are the Aussies Bastards, the 2012 May Cup Open tournament winners. They went through a tough field of vets and rookies to stand triumphant with the cup and the glory. Give a big round of applause for Kelstar, Raging Bull, and Kerwan Ratchet. I have to apologize to the fans at home and the audience but AC could not attend the interview as he is participating in a photo shoot for his newest cologne, Ace by Aussie. I heard it is some powerful stuff. Just donít wear it at Blizzcon.

Max: Firstly I would like to thank you all for being here and congratulations again. Iíd like to start by asking you Kelstar, how was the team created?

Kelstar: I was one of the first to sign up for the comp. Once I had signed up, I put up a post letting everyone know that I was putting together an all-Aussie team. AC had established the original Aussie Bastards in the December comp last year and both of us were members. That comp ended pretty quickly (it only had one round) so I decided it would be a good idea to roll out the Bastards again. I sent an invite to AC and then saw Kerwan was interested so I invited him along. Finally, Bull who I didn't know from a bar of soap popped up and said "hey I'm Aussie". At the time I had an invite out to DJ Keyser who is in the top 10 (out of 2000+) of Aussie trophy hunters on this site. But he hadn't responded, so I gave the final spot to Bull, which, given his MVP performance won us the whole comp.

Max: To recap for the audience Raging Bull actually won the MVP trophy at the tournament. Since this is a team competition was there a man who sat in the Captainís chair calling the shots for the team?

Kerwan: Oh yes there was. Kelstar took care of everything. He gave direction, asked how we were going, etc, etc. He's a fantastic team captain, and above all a great guy. He was willing to pay for me to buy Spare Parts since I didn't have the cash, but I refused. I'm not going to go that far.

Max: Raging Bull, I know you have a reputation as being a man of few words, but let me try and coax more than a yes or no from you. What were the biggest obstacles for you as a team and for you as an individual?

Raging Bull: I guess to try and keep around the highest scoring teams consistently as a team and to try to consistently improve my individual score each round.

Max: Ladies, he is a man of few words and all action. Kerwan and Kelstar how about yourselves?

Kerwan: For the team? Nothing. As a member? A lot. I wasn't going to whore or buy games for the sake of the trophies. I've got work, exams, HSC, my duties on the site, etc, and above all that I needed to squeeze in the time to play games that I didn't really want to play the entire time. Frankly I'm surprised I was even accepted on.

Kelstar: Well as you know AC wasn't able to participate in any of the rounds other than round one, so we had to make sure we covered him. AC has been a quality performer in past comps, so we missed him. Bull and I really just pumped out the trophies to cover his loss.

Max: Even though this is a team competition, a lot of the trophies and points come from individual playing. What were the greatest strengths you brought to the team?

Kelstar: I think I did pretty well to keep the team motivated and in sync with each other. I also netted 620 points over the 4 rounds (with a 227 in the final) which isn't too shabby.

Kerwan: My Trine 2 platinum and 11 gold trophies that I got within 2 hours. The game is easy to plat, but that's still a great score for 2 hours.

Raging Bull: Many easy games available allowed me to rack up points without much playtime.

Max: Bull, it is okay. The camera is not a matador. Relax and enjoy the spotlight. Kelstar you are the captain of the team so I have to ask you this for the legions of fans at home that are waiting for any news of who will participate in the Summer Plate. Will the Aussie Bastards be there? Will someone have to be dropped?

Kelstar: I think the Bastards will be back in one form or another. Bull may not be available due to exams. So we may look to recruit another Aussie Trophy Gun, who may or may not have featured prominently in this comp himself. Talks are under way.

Max: All you fantasy trophy hunters out there donít fill your sheets out yet. Iíd ask who it is but I donít want to ruin the surprise or horror for those that have their bracketís ruined by the announcement. My next question is for Kerwan. What were the keys to victory for the team? What was your edge?

Kerwan: Communication for sure. We got on PSN, PMs, chats, etc, etc, to carry ourselves to victory, and obviously, it worked.

Max: You defeated seven different teams. Some of them were tough and some were cakewalks. What team and individual did you fear in the competition?

Kelstar: Definitely the Quartet. Nagflar and Daft Prophet have been super impressive in previous comps I've been in. Big things were said about BNecker going in (especially as they have the advantage of being able to play their PS3 and Vita at the same time for double trophies). But the most concerning was DJ Keyser. I've been in a few comps that he has been in before and we are PSN friends. I've seen the man just play and play during these comps and just pump out plat after plat. He's a gun.

Max: Bull, until the final trophy dinged it was a race between you and BNecker for the MVP and thanks to the win you are now holding the trophy. What kept you motivated to keep getting trophies at such a fast pace in such a short tournament?

Raging Bull: I set myself personal goals, i.e. I aimed to get at least 3 platinums per round and each round I aimed to increase my score from the last round by setting myself a goal of achieving score a little higher than the last.

Max: Everybody has their own lives even though you are professionals. I know Iím always on the road doing shows and working on other projects for the company. How did you all keep on the same page and pull your own weight?

Kelstar: We all did our part when we could. Kerwin said from the outset that he didn't have many games that he could whore on, didn't have heaps of time and that he wasn't plush with cash to buy lots of easy plats. Given this he really stepped up for the team in the third round. I do most of my gaming on the weekend and in Australia round three didn't fall on a weekend at all. I knew with AC out we were going to need Kerwin to step up in that round as I was not going to break the 100 barrier (as I did in all other rounds). I asked him if he could buy and plat Trine 2. He got the cash, found the time and helped us get to the final.

Raging Bull: Well I guess the members of our team with the highest amount of easy games and time this round were myself and
    Kelstar. Kerwan had exams and Ace had work commitments so Kelstar and I realised that we would have to step it up in order to be on par with the other teams.

Max: AC is not here today but Iíd like to know how did his early injury affect the team?

Kerwan: We were really nervous but we pulled through in the end. I find it funny to think that if I didn't finish inFamous 2 and get the
    points I needed, we wouldn't have won.

Raging Bull: Personally it gave me incentive to try and get even more points in order to make up for him.

Max: Now is the audience question segment of the show. We have a packed house here tonight so I apologize if we donít get to your question. First, letís go to the man in the Ultimate Warrior 80s throwback.

WWF Fan: Yeah, so I saw the coverage in the first round and I thought it was awesome how you psyched out Curryboy. That was so awesome dude. What was going through your head when you did it? Were there like deathrays?

Raging Bull: I guess he just annoyed me when he was too lazy to work out when the round ends and also lying. There was nothing strategical about my actions.

Max: Thanks for the question. Next, the woman with the I Love Ratchet and Clank shirt.

Ratchet Fan: I have a question for Ratchet. Girlish Giggles. Will you be in the Summer Plate tournament? Iím one of your biggest fans. Girlish Giggles

Kerwan: I don't know...I don't even know if I'll be in it, to be honest. I'm going to be so busy with my HSC, work, and of course, my job as a staff member here.

Max: Kerwan, there is a phone number you can call about stalkers...just an FYI. We have time for one more question. You, the man with the fancy suit and the clipboard.

Fancy Suit: Kelstar, with both you and Raging Bull platinuming so many games at such a high pace, do you fear you will come to a point where you cannot produce for a team anymore?

Kelstar: There are always new easy plats to be obtained. Just thinking of myself, there are games such as Start the Party, Shrek, Ice Age, Rango, CSI, Worms 2 which I haven't platted. Further, new easy plattable games come out each any every month.

Obviously, there comes a point where you have "done them all" so to speak and it makes it very difficult to compete in these types of competitions. Guys who have over 75 plats tend to be in that boat. So one day it may be difficult for guys like me and Bull to put up huge totals. But we've still got a while before that occurs and until then it will be a sweet ride for the Bastards.

Max: It has been a pleasure being able to interview you gentleman tonight. I know the audience in the studio and at home have been hanging on your every word. That is all the time we have for this segment of Maximal Ding! After the break we will be talking with KC Munchkin about life as a child video game celebrity. Iím your host Max Platinum saying if youíre not platting youíre not gaming.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Resident PHD

Well I wasn't expecting to see a follow up interview very awesome.

To all the Bastards (except Kerwan )

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Synthwave <3

Great follow-up interview, Lasombra! I was hoping that you would have one of these and you didn't fail with your telepathic powers.

Nice interview, Aussie Bastards! Congratulations again on the win! You were a tough competition. We definitely plan to compete in the next competition and look forward to competing with you again.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Change is mediocre

Where's Ac3? Great interview, Lasombra. I like how you get randoms like "Ratchet Fan" and "Fancy Suit". Makes it more interesting, nice work.

A plat a month!

Congrats to the Aussie Bastards! Great interview Lasombra!

KCCO!

Another classic by Lasombra. You certainly put a lot of thought and creativity into your work. Keep up the good work, and congratulations to the Bastards!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Where's Ac3? Great interview, Lasombra. I like how you get randoms like "Ratchet Fan" and "Fancy Suit". Makes it more interesting, nice work.
    He got into my grog supply and is unable to do much of anything atm.

Congrats to my Aussie brethren, excellent interview Las

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post

Congrats to my Aussie brethren, excellent interview Las
    Ah, yes Makes sense.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Ah, yes Makes sense.
    Yep, poor bastard just couldn't handle it

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Nope, nothing

Congratulations guys from Down Under

Cool interview as well Las'.

Closing this account

That's why I like Aussies, you never know what may come out their mouths.

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post

And he just happened to find it all on his own? Uh huh, sure.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Fucking hell, fantastic job man with the interview. I would never that thought it would turn out this sweet.

But if I may, you could have asked for our real life first names and put them in brackets next to our PSN names. It would make it a tad more personal.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Fucking hell, fantastic job man with the interview. I would never that thought it would turn out this sweet.

But if I may, you could have asked for our real life first names and put them in brackets next to our PSN names. It would make it a tad more personal.
    Nothing is ever good enough for you is it Lombax. You won't even give us a good picture of yourself and you want Lasombra to ask your name.

The One and Only

Nice interview Lasombra, and congratz on your performance you Bastards.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

Awesome interview, and congrats again to the Bastards!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

Notorious K.I.D.

Congrats to Teh Bastards, and yet another fantastic interview from Lasombra. I don't know how you keep coming up with these. Well done all around
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Platinum Procrastinator

Nice interview Lasombra and I guess I should get to work preparing to answer some questions like this in the future as whatever team I'm on will be the winners come next tournament. And with that, let the trash talking commence lol.

Oh and nice job with the replies from the Aussie Bastards.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Nothing is ever good enough for you is it Lombax. You won't even give us a good picture of yourself and you want Lasombra to ask your name.
    I already gave my picture...and I'm in plenty of games as well.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I already gave my picture...and I'm in plenty of games as well.
    Yeah too bad you have to have your ass saved by me all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast