Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

List what you may hate about CoD...

This is a discussion on List what you may hate about CoD... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just the bad online lag i come across in some matches but hey atleast people don`t boost and get nukes ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just the bad online lag i come across in some matches but hey atleast people don`t boost and get nukes in 5 minutes

Trophys And Anime

United Military Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    - Doesn't seem to improve at all each year
    - Online play is full of bullshit! You shoot someone and you die, and the killcam says you didn't shoot at all, or you were looking at a direction you weren't?
    - It gets boring after a while.
    - N00bs in the game get annoying
    - Story isn't at all interesting
    - The game is designed to make new comers feel miserable as shit. FUCKING killstreaks earning people airstrikes and all that unnecessary BULLSHIT against new people who barely know what the hell is going on? Seriously, it's like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity just getting ONE kill when you're new to the game and makes you feel like a total loser and make you wanna give up.
    - Campers
    - Survival/Nazi zombies (depending on the CoD) is the only thing worth playing this game for, everything else is meh.
    - SNIPERS!!!

Need I say more?
    I can't agree anymore better than this, to me the series online is a mindless shooter and I also think the perks a way too unbelievable

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Harvester of Souls

- Online play is full of bullshit! You shoot someone and you die, and the killcam says you didn't shoot at all, or you were looking at a direction you weren't?
    - The game is designed to make new comers feel miserable as shit. FUCKING killstreaks earning people airstrikes and all that unnecessary BULLSHIT against new people who barely know what the hell is going on? Seriously, it's like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity just getting ONE kill when you're new to the game and makes you feel like a total loser and make you wanna give up.
    - Campers
    - Survival/Nazi zombies (depending on the CoD) is the only thing worth playing this game for, everything else is meh.
    - SNIPERS!!!

Need I say more?
    Everything but the zombies

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Retired

- Campers
    - SNIPERS!!!

Need I say more?
    Need he say more?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yep couldnt agree more. for some reason i loved mw2. mw3 is the 'last hurah' for me, which is why i play it. otherwise im only getting future cod's to keep up plattin every single one. mw3 is ok for me cos i was pretty good at mw2 (2.3 kd) before i got effin hacked mw3 is SO similar to mw2 its simply transferable skill, so i find it just as fun. but yeah i hate those bastard noobs who seriously dont consider other games or even other parts of cod and just play MP lol. besides im probably gonna get into bf3 quite a bit more soon (colonel 9 atm). need a boost buddy to plat that game (for coop).

just to say i aint a cod fanboy, but i simply dont understand how people can cod is the worst game series ever (regarding my previous thread). thats closed forget that. i was just saying that yes, some people do hate cod to the extent that they think it IS the worst series EVER. but others say it is without actually thinking about it (i.e. every single cod does deserve at least ONE lil tiny wincy bit of merit) anyways

anyways i just hope cod dies after a max of cod10. respawn entertainment (cod4/mw2 team) FTW!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

nope. though i could add 1 final thing:

they're useless at even 'helping' newcomers (i.e. support setup in mw3, which is really crap), which means theyre useless at everything now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Need he say more?

illegal in 9 countries

I hate the haters. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Annual Call of Duty releases may be "same shit, different bucket", but it smells oh so good. No other shooter mechanics feel as slick.

I don't care for MP, spawn campers, noob tubes, perks, killstreaks and all that crap. The single-player campaigns are a joy to play, end of story.

As much as I dislike Activision's business model, their studios produce solid games. Put that down to id's Tech 3 engine and Infinity Ward's designers, not Activision's marketing budget.

Lvl 6 - Silver

- Campers
    - SNIPERS!!!

Need I say more?
    meh on the zombie part....most pointless thing ive ever seen....at least theres a point a to multiplayer, as terrible as it may be at times, the point is to win and own. zombies, well lets see, you play for an hour...get to round 20 whatever, oops you die, start over. hmm, sense of accomplishment? not really. experience? progress? prizes? nah none of those either. seems like a blast.

as for snipers, sniping doesnt exist in this game. the maps are too small for real sniping...running around and going ooooooooo you just got quick scoped, yea thats not sniping...its a shame really, sniping is so much fun too.

back to the OP, no idea where this thread was suppose to go or do, but a hate thread for cod has been done in and out and can get nasty lol. imo, i feel most people dont really HATE the game per-say, but the fact that its released every year almost identically the same to the previous year.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I played about halfway through COD4 and played 2 or 3 online matches, and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't impressed. The game played well enough, but the graphics weren't all that, the story was pretty boring, the multiplayer was a letdown, I didn't feel compelled to finish it..... all in all, the only thing it actually did a good job of was turning me off of the COD series.

It was in very early 2010 that I played COD4, and since then, I've never replayed it. I've also never played any of the successive games in the series, and have no intention of doing so either. I really didn't see what all the kerfuffle was about the franchise. I don't hate the COD games per se, and if you happen to love them, then that's all well and good - they're just not my proverbial cup of tea.

Rainbow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I hate the haters. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Annual Call of Duty releases may be "same shit, different bucket", but it smells oh so good. No other shooter mechanics feel as slick.

I don't care for MP, spawn campers, noob tubes, perks, killstreaks and all that crap. The single-player campaigns are a joy to play, end of story.

As much as I dislike Activision's business model, their studios produce solid games. Put that down to id's Tech 3 engine and Infinity Ward's designers, not Activision's marketing budget.
    Add complainers to that list, especially the ones that seems to find it neccesary to flame a perfectly good thread, i don't see anything wrong with this topic...

As for what i hate about cod, i have nothing more to add than what has already been said... same old song and dance... campers and shit
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 8 - Gold

I think Zombies is garbage.

MW2 Spec ops > WAW Zombies, Black Ops Zombies, MW3 Survival and MW3 Spec Ops

worlds biggest welch fan

just the spawn points.

that's all, everything else is fine.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Add complainers to that list, especially the ones that seems to find it neccesary to flame a perfectly good thread, i don't see anything wrong with this topic...
    I'm answering the topic, just like everyone else, so tell me - where's the flame? Or should I censor my opinion on what I hate about CoD to suit your agenda?

The only way to make your opinion count about what you don't like about CoD is by not buying it. Yet the haters continue to be suckered year-in, year-out, only to complain about it while completely overlooking the good in the game!

Negative gamers give me the royal shits, regardless of the game they're playing. FFS, stop whinging and go do something else if you're not enjoying it. Or at least offer a balanced viewpoint and discuss the Pro's with the Con's.

CoD is the most expensive game I buy every year. I still wait for it to drop to about 50% retail which is more than double what I pay for everything else, but I do it because that very predictability people hate on means I know the game will be good. The formula is tried, tested and proven.

CoD is the best-selling title of the year for a reason and most of the criticisms slung at it (boring, short SP, repetitive, noobs, overpowered vets, campers, snipers, spawn points etc) can be thrown at ANY online MP shooter. They're all part of the modern shooter genre and it's been that way for 15 years. Adapt, perish, get better or don't play...simple really.

Since Aug. 09

i agree with ant1 100% i hate there was no spec op mission DLC for MW2.

Dominate!

PRO Member

I hate all the 9 year old "hackers". Apparently I been hacked around 5 times playing online with them0_o

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Platinum Dohvakiin

What I hate about CoD?
    Zombies...........yulp I said it. Has to be single-handedly the dumbest thing ever incorporated into a non scifi Military shooter game. Which is what CoD is. I don't care how fun it is. Just the general idea of zombies in a CoD game. When you stop and actually think about it. Is utterly f*cking retarded.

Being punished for paying for damn good internet. Sorry but I hate hosting in CoD's MP. Makes my game lag every damn time. For the life of me. I can't figure out. Why should I be penalized for paying for good internet service. That crap is just crazy.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

In2
    January MOTM

- Campers
    - SNIPERS!!!

Need I say more?
    - The kids who play the game.
    - Constant UAV spam
    - Stupid perks and killstreaks
    - Matchmaking
    - Black Ops 2 gameplay (already look like the worst COD ever)

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

The Girl Gamer

- The lags the game gets when someone haves a bad internet.
    - Zombie mode, why the hell put it on a war game? It's not a survival horror game.
    - Fanboys/girls who thinks CoD is the best FPS of all time. Yes I know it's your favorite game, but really please play other FPS before you start to rant about CoD being the best when in fact it isn't. It's a fun FPS game to play, but not the best.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have played the older call of duties and i hated the fact it was always a world war scene and old weapons. I did try mw2 and black ops didnt like them. Personally im a BIG DICE Fan Battlefield for the win !!!!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Rainbow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I'm answering the topic, just like everyone else, so tell me - where's the flame? Or should I censor my opinion on what I hate about CoD to suit your agenda?
    You're reading it all wrong, what i meant was add complainers to your list of haters, which is basically the same thing now that i think about it
    And with the ones that are flaming this thread, i meant the first posters.
    I should've pressed Enter a couple of times after i typed complainers.... My bad!
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast