Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unreal Engine 4 showoff

This is a discussion on Unreal Engine 4 showoff within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 i still believe it was in-game. And I still believe it wasn't...

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i still believe it was in-game.
    And I still believe it wasn't

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    But I mentioned I was not impressed earlier because it looked totally like a Blizzard (Warcraft, Diablo) CGI movie to me. If it is actually in-game, then we will have to see first how well they will apply that into an actual game, but for now, I am still not convinced.

A more interesting next-gen engine was shown in the Agnis Philosophy video by Square Enix:

Toggle Spoiler

Now, that is actually more impressive. ^^
    Eh.... Not really. Some of the textures seemed to lose quality when there was too much going on the screen, and though the old geezer at the beginning staring at the mountain lookd extrmeley well (just like the dude holding the crystal in the chamber), the rest of the characters displayed throughout the video looked rather lack-luster and plain, without the realistic factions that made those two look actually impressive. Still looks rather good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    That's why console gaming is currently dominating - high-end PC gaming is fucking expensive! I can't wait for the Steam Box, I'm sick of blowing $3000 every 3 years on a PC gaming rig just to play the latest games.
    Sad news are that the Steam box is just a rumor, though.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    But I mentioned I was not impressed earlier because it looked totally like a Blizzard (Warcraft, Diablo) CGI movie to me. If it is actually in-game, then we will have to see first how well they will apply that into an actual game, but for now, I am still not convinced.

A more interesting next-gen engine was shown in the Agnis Philosophy video by Square Enix

That looks sensational.

The leap to next-gen might be worthwhile afterall. Both engines are so convincing that it's difficult to tell pre-rendered from real-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sad news are that the Steam box is just a rumor, though.
    It'll happen Nag, it'll happen. There are too many clues to its existence to summarily dismiss it as rumour.

There is a vacuum to be filled between expensive high-end PCs and moderately-powered consoles. The Steam Box will fill the void with a reasonably priced, mid/high-end PC console...wait and see.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 06-09-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: bad speeling. vary badd.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It'll happen Nag, it'll happen. There are too many clues to its existent to summarily dismiss it as rumour.

There is a vacuum to be filled between expensive high-end PCs and moderately-powered consoles. The Steam Box will fill the void with a reasonably priced, mid/high-end PC console...wait and see.
    I'll believe you this time, ant1, just because I want it to happen as much as you and because I've been constantly playing half Life on Steam for the past days.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

That developer video is awesome.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12