So, I have a fight stick now.................

This is a discussion on So, I have a fight stick now................. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; And, I like the feel of it. Have I ever used a fight stick ever? Only once, but it was ...

Plats-O'-War!!

So, I have a fight stick now.................

And, I like the feel of it. Have I ever used a fight stick ever? Only once, but it was like 10 years ago. Back then, I didn't care for it, but now, I like it. A lot. My question is this: In terms of the top of the stick, which is better: A cherry top, or a Bat top? I'm thinking about getting a Bat top (even though I just ordered a lime green cherry top). And, I also noticed that a Sanwa octagonal restrictor plate is the best for fight sticks. Has anyone on here played with a fight stick before? What are your thoughts on it? I'm planning on modding it with a new top, and the plate as well. Thanks in advance!

Legend...Nuff Said

I've used a fight stick for SF4 but hated it and went back to a controller. It also didn't help than I don't like SF. But when DOA5 comes out I plan on getting a stick for it so I can go pro at that game.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I've used a fight stick for SF4 but hated it and went back to a controller. It also didn't help than I don't like SF. But when DOA5 comes out I plan on getting a stick for it so I can go pro at that game.
    I plan on playing SSFIV a lot with this stick. That's way I got it. Feels different, but I'm gonna get used to it.

illegal in 9 countries

I bought a SSFIV TE stick for fight games, which is a bit dumb as I rarely play them and don't really enjoy them that much. I figured my kids might get into them someday, so I may as well buy the right tool for the job.

It cost me a bomb and the thing is solid as a rock. I've also got the cheap fight stick that came with Tekken 6, but it's not a patch on the SSFIV TE.

I found any sort of quarter, half or full rotational motion significantly easier on a fightstick compared to the the DualShock thumbpad. I had no hope of playing Street Fighter on a DualShock, I can at least get some enjoyment from the arcade fighter genre with a stick.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I bought a SSFIV TE stick for fight games, which is a bit dumb as I rarely play them and don't really enjoy them that much. I figured my kids might get into them someday, so I may as well buy the right tool for the job.

It cost me a bomb and the thing is solid as a rock. I've also got the cheap fight stick that came with Tekken 6, but it's not a patch on the SSFIV TE.

I found any sort of quarter, half or full rotational motion significantly easier on a fightstick compared to the the DualShock thumbpad. I had no hope of playing Street Fighter on a DualShock, I can at least get some enjoyment from the arcade fighter genre with a stick.
    I got a Hori Fighting Stick 3. And, one of the main reason's why I got it was because of how easier it is to do moves with the stick rather than a D-pad which results in numbness in my thumbs.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I plan on playing SSFIV a lot with this stick. That's way I got it. Feels different, but I'm gonna get used to it.
    Dead or Alive is the only fighting game I like/will play. Its one of my favorite games. I want to get elite at the game since I want to write the guide for it when it comes out.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Other than using one on the computer for games i hadnt really owned one. I had one for the NES back 22 or 23 yrs ago.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Rainbow in the dark

Its also really handy for bashing people on the head whenever you end up losing a match, sometimes you can't find anything laying around to vent your frustration with but OH wait you already have a stick in you hand!

This is just one of the many uses for this stick, you can read all about it in the link below.

www.enviouswrathfightstickuses.com
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Plats-O'-War!!

Ok, so my parts for my fight stick arrived! Plus, I've mod it already. I'll post my feedback once I fire up my PS3.

Rangers F.C

Not got a fucking clue what a fight stick is ?

Lvl 7 - Gold

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you acquired a stick to beat up people with.
    Here's a little visual. Skip to 1:50

Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Not got a fucking clue what a fight stick is ?
    This. What the hell is a fight stick?

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    This. What the hell is a fight stick?
    A controller used in fighting games. Makes it easier for Tekken, Street Fighter, etc.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist