Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Favourite RPG games

This is a discussion on Favourite RPG games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I really can't decide between Final Fantasy VII and Skyrim. I could answer with either at any given time, and ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I really can't decide between Final Fantasy VII and Skyrim. I could answer with either at any given time, and then say the other if you asked me an hour later. Although I think you could make a case for Skyrim being an action/adventure game as well, so I guess I'll say FF7. On second thought, I'm going with Skyrim. But FF7 re-defined the genre and paved the way for the RPGs we see today. Blah, you just pick one of the two for me.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Rangers F.C

Is dragon age origins any good , I played it for about 5 mins and thought it looked rubbish ???

The One and Only

Pokemon, Skyrim, and maybe Fallout 3. Those are pretty much the only RPG games I've played that I'm aware of.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Someone has a Squaresoft fetish.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by TNT-BeastieBoy65 View Post
    Yeah, same...
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I mean never heard of that game lol
    legend of dragoon is ps1 classic, probably 15 years old at this point, believe it is on psn store or will be soon

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Is dragon age origins any good , I played it for about 5 mins and thought it looked rubbish ???
    I'd rank it as #2 on my list of favorite PS3 games (behind only Skyrim), and third favorite game of all time (behind Skyrim and Final Fantasy 7). There aren't any other games with a better eye for detail when it comes to lore, storyline, and dialogue. It's like a video game, movie, and entire line of fantasy novels rolled all into one package.

I'm not sure there's any other game I've ever played that I felt a connection to the characters like with DA. The banter back and forth between your two party members is unparalleled, and I often found myself stopping and standing still just to hear them finish up the conversation. The characters were very well done, and came as close to being "real" as any video game has ever produced, having just the right line to say in any given situation, great voice acting, and real depth to their personality. If an option arose to do something wrong to a party member, I would not be able to bring myself to do it. To get at least one of the trophies, a decision like that must be made, and I actually felt real remorse even though it's just a game.

The storyline is great and gives you many choices as to how it will play out. It has great replay value because of this. The storyline is also pretty deep, and everything is backed up by countless books and scrolls you can acquire throughout the world that gives you the histories of the land and peoples, as well as literature like epic poems. When doing side quests in most games, they feel like an afterthought to me, and I"ll often skip the dialogue of them and just follow the mission markers to get it done. That's not the case with DA - I listened to/read every piece of dialogue that came across my screen.

The graphics aren't anything that will cause you to mistakenly walk into your television because you think it's a real doorway leading into an enchanted forest, but the rest of the game more than makes up for that.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    The World Ends With You
    .hack//infection
    .hack//GU
    Eternal Sonata
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2

I'm really liking Final Fantasy X as well but I'm only 10 hours into it now so I didn't want to officially add it.

Yeah, I love RPGs.

Lvl 9 - Gold

FF7, WKC1-2, Every "Tales Of" game.... Pretty much 90% of JRPG's. Just can't go wrong when you keep the games true to the genre and RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    I've always thought of the Zelda games as being RPG's, they contain quite a few RPG elements to them. Although, as you say, it is very action/adventure-ish too
    Besides taking the role of Link and controlling him through the game, there is barely any RPG elements in most LOZ games.

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    Square opened the door for what we have now. I just wish there were more games like the originals and the true rpgs. But I find them every now and then(WKC).
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 1 - Bronze

RPGs are basically what I play. My favorites, hm...

Final Fantasy series
    Kingdom Hearts series
    Tales of Symphonia/The Abyss/Graces
    Suikoden 1 2 3
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age 2

Lvl 8 - Gold

- Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
    - Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    - Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed
    - Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
    - Fallout 3
    - Fallout: New Vegas
    - Final Fantasy VII
    - Final Fantasy VIII
    - Final Fantasy IX

Lvl 7 - Gold

How in the blue bloody hell are people calling Pokemon an RPG?

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I've only played a handful of RPGs in my gaming life, but, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas are 3 of favorite games period. Hyperdemsion Neptunia was fun & I do plan on picking up the 2nd some time. This may sound crazy, but, I've never played a single Final Fantasy game. In a weak defense though, I have XIII sitting in front of me waiting to played in the near future. I also have either V or VI, whichever one was free for PS+ a couple months ago.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Rangers F.C

A think all give it another try mate , you've sold it to me well I think cause the graphics were poor I couldn't be bothered giving it a go cause I thought the rest would be the same

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    How in the blue bloody hell are people calling Pokemon an RPG?
    Because it is an RPG ?

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    Isn't that great ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I really can't decide between Final Fantasy VII and Skyrim. I could answer with either at any given time, and then say the other if you asked me an hour later. Although I think you could make a case for Skyrim being an action/adventure game as well, so I guess I'll say FF7. On second thought, I'm going with Skyrim. But FF7 re-defined the genre and paved the way for the RPGs we see today. Blah, you just pick one of the two for me.
    Just pick both, man! Title says "Favourite RPG games" .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platinum Procrastinator

I like Nag's list and with the exception of Chrono Trigger, I own all of the games on their original format. However, I do have the re-release of Chrono Trigger on the PS One. I'll throw in Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins, and Mass Effect to that list too though.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

i have been trying to get into RPGs for a long time but i have been really enjoying skyrim strangely enough so id say skyrim with super Mario RPG coming in at a close second

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    I've always thought of the Zelda games as being RPG's, they contain quite a few RPG elements to them. Although, as you say, it is very action/adventure-ish too
    that is true, but many other games also contain RPG elements in them but are not classified as RPGs, games like the ratchet and clank and dead rising series

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I like Nag's list and with the exception of Chrono Trigger, I own all of the games on their original format. However, I do have the re-release of Chrono Trigger on the PS One.
    Seems we're on the same boat, then . I can only wonder what happened to that SNES copy .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Platinum Procrastinator

Oh crap, I forgot to mention one of my favorite games, well actually I just thought of another one as well. Mario RPG and Legend of Dragoon.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast