Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasombra Files: Episode 7: Heartbreak

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files: Episode 7: Heartbreak within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Welcome back everyone to the Lasombra Files Episode 7: Heartbreak. Thankfully due to the logistics of the last episode I ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files: Episode 7: Heartbreak

Welcome back everyone to the Lasombra Files Episode 7: Heartbreak. Thankfully due to the logistics of the last episode I got to take a cheery ferry ride from Holland to a cheerful, spirited, drab, rainy, grey, barren...uh...happy little island called England. I’m to meet a man who is sadly about to get his heart broken. I’ve been mulling it over how to tell him, as the cameraman and I walk to the recording location, and it’s hard to break a man’s dream. How does this work, viewers? Psst, you do know the woman takes the man’s name when they marry, right? It’s very progressive of you, but I think she’s already married to her job. But cheer up; I hear Rebecca is still single. No? Doesn’t work? Let’s hope he is not a crack shot. Hit the intro music!

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name:
    Chris
    Occupation: Doing a Scuba Dive Master Course and also work in our hotel (although I don't think getting drunk with the guests is part of the job description)

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

CV: Erm, first home console/PC was a Commodore 64! I vaguely remember being a man with a gun and had to shoot zombies? Either way, you could see the squares making up the people and environment. Cutting edge graphics :p

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

CV: Kinda to do with not being able to escape my past. It always comes back. So basically a scar (memory) that keeps getting re-opened.

Lasombra: What motivated you to become a trophy hunter? What was your initial spark?

CV: I was never overly bothered about trophies when I first got my PS3, probably because I didn't know that there were so many "hunters". If I had come across this site at the start, my trophy count would be a lot higher.
    Burnout platinum was probably the point where I was like… "Wow! That felt awesome." Then I started to go for the platinums a bit more, but only on games that I was really enjoying.

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter? (Example: All GoW game hunter)

CV: Erm, a bit of all 3 I guess. I do like having trophies, but I probably won't even bother doing the harder ones, unless I'm going for the platinum.
    I also really like to have a series platinumed, so I'm going through Uncharted 3 at the moment, to finish that trilogy. And I've got the GoW Collection sitting in my room somewhere.

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

CV: Probably way too much. Since moving to Blackpool the other year, I've never really settled in. So unless I'm working, doing my Dive Course, or with guests… then I'm sitting on the bed on the PS3. (Or on Forza… but we'll keep that quiet)
    It's gone from one extreme to the other. When I lived in Guernsey, I was always having house parties, and now, I barely see anyone, because most people here are dicks… <--- to justify my current loser status :p

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy? How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

CV: Mainly to get the next platinum. I stayed motivated mainly because I'm a stubborn bastard, so I tend not to give in very easily. So if other people can get the trophy, then that means I can… with a few exceptions, which made me want to kill people… not on the game.

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

CV: Yeah, I put down Dark Souls for ages, because I just couldn't be bothered with getting all the weapons, doing all the upgrading etc etc etc
    Demon's Souls as well… that's still sat in my drawer. I just need all the weapons and upgrades, I'll get around to it… probably.
    GT5 has me beaten though; my skill level is nowhere close to what it needs to be to do the Vettel challenges and some of the special events, although if I had a steering wheel… the outcome might be different.

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum? Why? Was it your hardest?

CV: That's gotta be Dark Souls. Thanks Hitman, SpackAttack, nauGie and Nero
    Call of Duty: World at War is up there too. My mate and I did a 13 hour session, just to try and get one damn zombie trophy. We invented quite a few new swear words in those early hours of the morning!

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

CV: Nah, no yearly goals really. It would be nice to finish the GoW's and Uncharted 3 though. I'd say having 40 platinums by the end of the year would be easily feasible.
    I find it better to focus on things as they come along, so I trophy hunt in stages, rather than the finale.

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

CV: Erm, yes and no. I know a lot of people take the leader boards seriously, so it's a bit unfair that there's trophy "teams"… But I
    think it would be cool to have a separate "team" leader board, so that it's fair on everyone.

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info for all to see? Why or why not?

CV: Yes, that would be awesome. So you can really see your world ranking. I think that would also benefit the gaming community quite a bit, as I could see it bringing people a bit closer together.

Lasombra: What tips do you have for someone trying to reach the next level and going after a difficult platinum?

CV: If you really want something, then go out and get it. That's useful in real life too. I want to move to Australia, so I'm doing this Dive Master Course, so I can get sponsored over there.
    Back to trophies, if you get stuck or whatever, then check guides, youtube and taking a break seems to help a lot. Don't set your targets too high straight away, aim for mini points along the way. (Also useful for walking home drunk. “Right, I've just got to walk to that lamppost. Made it! Now, just got to get to the next one")

Lasombra: Regardless of the system, what game would you auto-buy if it had trophy support on the PS3?

CV: I've got all systems anyways. But would LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOVE Forza 4 on PS3. Achievements are ok, but I just play Forza for fun on my 360, but if it was on PS3 I'd be going for the platinum.

Lasombra: What got you interested in writing guides for the site, and diverting time away from trophy hunting?

CV: To be plain awesome?! Nah, I used a few guides and thought writing a guide myself, would be a nice way to give back to the site and people that have helped me along the way.
    Most of the time, I've really enjoyed writing the guides as I've become good friends with the people that co-wrote the guides with me. (CODE and Nero)
    I think I prefer to write the guide with someone else as well. I wrote the MGS2 guide and well… I despise the game now, so I'm not even bothering with that platinum. It's nice to be able to split the work with someone else.

Lasombra: Having written a few guides for the site have you gotten any thanks for the hard work you put into making other trophy hunter's lives easier?

CV: Yeah quite a bit actually, which always makes me smile. It’s nice knowing that you helped people. And having random people giving me extra information to add to the guide was cool too.
    A member even put me up for a previous Member of the Month which was an honour as other members do a lot more than myself.

Lasombra: What tips would you give to any inspiring guide writer who has yet to write his or her first guide?

CV: Best tip, would probably be to co-op a guide with an experienced guide writer. There are enough quality writers on this site and most would probably co-op with you, if egos didn't get in the way.
    Also make sure you actually have time to write the guides. The worse thing would to be rushing the guide at the end and potentially ruining the rest of your work.

Alright, he took the heartache a lot better than I thought he would. He is a tough guy ladies. Call him. He’s single. But I think he is a bit too married to his work...and had one too many Jill posters. I thought I wrote a lot and had too many...Next episode we are going back to the future in Episode 8: Socrates Johnson, dude. Don’t forget your telephone booth. It is going to be a wild ride in the 80’s. What’s this white powder coming from the sky?

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

KCCO!

Nice interview, and excellent advice for those wanting to get into the guide-writing business, especially the part about egos getting in the way.

Local Drunk

Excellent interview mate, good to learn a bit more about my internet drinking buddy

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Plats-O'-War!!

Awesome Interview!! Once again, a fine quality interview.

Retired

Ever since last week I knew who the guest would be, and I was right.

Winter Is Coming

Excellent interview, was nice getting to know you a little better and good luck with the diving course

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

That Southern B****

CV and Feral together in Australia. Does anyone have a camcorder? I smell the next big YT sensation!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Rainbow in the dark

Why do you have such a hot mom?

CV: WTF? (Envious flees the scene)
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Nope, nothing

I had a feeling it was going to be Chris Great interview dude

Beast Incarnate

Another great interview, love reading these

Legend...Nuff Said

Due to journalistic integrity I cannot change the original content of the episode so I'm posting it here.

CV would also like to thank DaRe for co-working on guides, as well as Nero and CODE. He forgot to mention him during the initial interview.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

Great interview guys! I will have to agree with Cougarkit, Feral and CV together....there will be shenanigans for sure.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Closing this account

CV intriguing guy you are. Nice interview

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nice interview. I liked the guide writing part. You explained very well and I think you encourage more people to write guides maybe.

I have absolutely no idea who the next will be. Socrates and 80's sounds interesting though.. Must be someone who knows nothing.
    Sig by Ramon

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    CV and Feral together in Australia. Does anyone have a camcorder? I smell the next big YT sensation!
    Ha ha ha, hell yeah Although the cameraman would probably be drunk as well

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Great interview guys! I will have to agree with Cougarkit, Feral and CV together....there will be shenanigans for sure.
    Lol, drunken shenanigans are always fun til someone gets hurt

Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Ha ha ha, hell yeah Although the cameraman would probably be drunk as well

Lol, drunken shenanigans are always fun til someone gets hurt
    and even after someone gets hurt

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Resident PHD

For CV you will get to Australia someday.

I am confused about next week, you already did Eric so the traveling through time part isn't for him. I am going to guess Timeless Enigma as the next guest.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    and even after someone gets hurt
    As long as that someone isn't me then yeah

Sinner and Saint

Awesome interview fellas! Favorite thing to read on the whole site. Nice to learn more about Chris.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Really good read again,well done Chris and i love the intros too,great work yet again Lasombra

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast