How Many Platinum's Would You Trade For What?

This is a discussion on How Many Platinum's Would You Trade For What? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; How many Platinum's would you be willing to trade/your total amount of Platinum's for the following Platinum combinations: NO.1 - ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How Many Platinum's Would You Trade For What?

How many Platinum's would you be willing to trade/your total amount of Platinum's for the following Platinum combinations:

NO.1 - {Gran Turismo 5 + Demon's Souls}
    NO.2 - {Wipeout HD + Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2}
    NO.3 - {Street Fighter 4 + Battlefield: Bad Company + Megamind}
    NO.4 - {Fallout 3 + Fallout: New Vegas +The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim + Trine 2}
    NO.5 - {Far Cry 2 + Mirrors Edge + Assassin's Creed Brotherhood + Terminator Salvation + Hannah Montana The Movie}

I find the list interesting because you can choose from both quantity and quality. For me, I would either trade 4/11 Platinum's for NO.1 (GT5 because I am actually very close to that Platinum, if it wasn't for the X2010 event! Demon's Souls because of it's reputation and the fact that I know two people who have it), or 3/11 Platinum's for NO.5 (nice quantity & quality, with the burden of Hannah Montana The Movie on my list as a consequence).

Rangers F.C

Im not intelligent enough to answer

Nope, nothing

I would trade my Spare Parts and Trine 2 platinum's for #2 Wipeout and Ninja Gaiden
    Seems like a decent trade.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade any really

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think if they could avoid people cheating for platinums ( by cheating I mean Buying and using others saves or hacking) they could value Platinums for values such as easy plats = $0.99 Medium $2.99 Hard $4.99 and let us turn them in for the money to be put on our account for use in the store. That is what I would trade my Plats for not another that I didn't earn

Lvl 4 - Silver

I wouldn't trade any, if such a thing were possible. I'm proud of all my trophies and platinums, even the easier ones, and would rather play any of the listed games and get the platinum(s) myself.

Click here for my platinum checklist
    and trophy guides

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dajmer79 View Post
    I wouldn't trade any, if such a thing were possible. I'm proud of all my trophies and platinums, even the easier ones, and would rather play any of the listed games and get the platinum(s) myself.
    Interesting idea, but I'm with dajmer on this one. I would rather play to EARN them

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Interesting idea, but I'm with dajmer on this one. I would rather play to EARN them
    I have to agree with this view as well. Street Fighter IV, for example, may be an incredible platinum to have, as evidenced by the rarity with which it is seen around here and other sites, but I'd feel dirty about having such an enviable plat to my name if I didn't actually EARN it myself. And believe me, I've tried to earn both the SFIV plats, but they just ain't gonna happen.

Assuming the trade were even possible, I can't see myself actually going through with it - I wouldn't like to see a platinum on my account that I didn't earn myself.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

true point about earning plats. yeah same when i think about it. but if u had to? fail post im a newbie, wanna get bigger on ps3t.com now lol. im trying to think of a really good thread lol... thread closed