Earned Trophies being reset to 0?

This is a discussion on Earned Trophies being reset to 0? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Something short of a horror story I know. I will try to keep the details brief. I started playing Ferrari ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Earned Trophies being reset to 0?

Something short of a horror story I know. I will try to keep the details brief.

I started playing Ferrari Challange on my original fat60gb. Earned two or three trophies. Lost interest. Not too long ago that ps3 yloded or some stuff. (along with my nearly complete Dj Hero 1,2, KZ2 and CoDWAW saves)

After getting my profile back on my new slim320gb, I decided to come back to it. Noticing that I didn't earn the first trophy I then decided to check and see why.

Trophy support was added in an update. Fine, 70mb later and I can earn trophies. Or not. I read that I had to reset my in-game profile (save data?) to actually earn them, guessing on the new game data version. Done. Look at my trophy list again to see what I have to do and horror, 0% for the game.

I'm not sure if it was updating the game data, or resetting my save data, but somewhere along the line my profile lost the trophies I had earned for the game.

Am I wrong for being scared that this could happen to me for other games, or is this a unique situation because of having to update the game data for trophy support?
    Last edited by zz383; 06-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Negator

I think this is only a problem for un-synced trophies. Doing a sync prior to launching a game is the only way I know of to prevent this occurance, even though it is rare. Either way, sorry for your loss.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

RPG Master

Helyx is right. If you don't sync your trophies after earning them to the servers and your ps3 implodes it is as if you never earned them.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Abracadaver ;[

Something like this happened to me with zen pinball updates,but after re-sync all was ok.
    For sure if the server has never seen your trophies they are gone and this is sad ,sorry dear zz

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 6 - Silver

this happens to me like when I play a game I haven't played in a few months, e.g have 40% in a game that I haven't played in 4 months then when I put it in a do some stuff the trophies I already have pop, all I have to do is quit game synch trophies and then it back to normal as it was

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It happened to me once where I was playing World at War on two different PS3s. One had the latest patches for World at War. I had earned a few trophies on that one (Veteran levels completed). The other, I hadn't patched the game and so when I synched with PSN it showed that I have no trophies earned for it. They showed up once I patched the game and re-synch'd trophies.

Death to zombies!!

Sometimes if you reinstall the game data it will reset your trophies to 0. Had it happen to me

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Rangers F.C

Do you loose all trophies or just that specific game , not that that's not a big deal lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Whao, you know, I never understood what was the point of trophy syncing until I read this. Now i'm thankful for having enough patience to let it do that completely everyday when i check my trophy's

Sinner and Saint

On my other account, I had the exact thing happen to me. I was missing trophies from Arkham City, Crysis 2, and Medal of Honor Frontline. Well, when I went to resync everything was not okay and I permanently lost those trophies even after going back and trying to reearn them they never would pop again. It made me a sad panda.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

The Deathly Rhythm

That happened to me with Wipeout HD, hate to see ppl lose their trophies you guys worked on
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

Never had it happen to me and it really sucks to lose anything you worked for. Just make sure you sync either before or after playing. Good luck.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

illegal in 9 countries

Trophy data should be synced to the PSN (SEN) if you want a permanent record. Failure to do so will result in trophies being reset to 0 in the case of hardware failure or a system wipe.

If you've previously synced to the PSN, re-sync and your trophies will be restored. You may need to pop the disc in to see the trophies on your PS3, but they'll be AOK...assuming of course they've been synced in the first place.

Gotham's Reckoning

Never happened to me as I always synch my profile after getting a new trophy although a few days after I got a new PS3 after my old one got the YLOD, I decided to play Dead Space and when it loaded up my trophies I went to my trophy collection and my trophy count for DS was at 0% although I had 28% of the total trophies but I synced my profile and it was back at 28% thankfully. Sorry for your loss man .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Actually had this happen to me on mafia 2. Look at my trophy list I earn the trophy for completing chapter 3 before chapter 1&2 trophies.
    What happened was I was just about to get the trophy for completing chapter 3 and a storm knocked the power out. I hadn't sync to servers or anything. So, I turn my system back on because I was worried about that chapter 3 trophy not unlocking. Got the message for system being shutoff improperly and it ran a check. All was good. Loaded up mafia 2. Started right where it knocked power out and chapter 3 trophy popped. Then I looked at list and it was the only trophy I had for the game. Wiped out 9-10 trophies I'd earned before. Wasn't too far into story so I just started over. Everything unlocked normal.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18