Trophy Syncing Problems

This is a discussion on Trophy Syncing Problems within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; On the PS3, for the past two, maybe three days, I've been trying to sync some new trophies on my ...

Will Love you for Food

Trophy Syncing Problems

On the PS3, for the past two, maybe three days, I've been trying to sync some new trophies on my profile. I've done this atleast 6 times logging on and off trying to sync them. It is ridiculously slow. It gets to about 12% and then takes about a minute or two just to get to 13% and so forth. I'm not sure what's going on. My internet is relatively well, and it's not a sh!tload of trophies. Any help guys? Syncing on this site is fine, even though it doesn't sync anything new because as said above.

PRO Member

Have you tried turning your router off for a few minutes then back on, then running a Internet check on ps3?
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Sounds like you may need to power cycle your router or modem like Highway suggested. I occasionally have a similar problem although it's in the 70% range that I get the sync lag, and power-cycling the modem up through the router (I do both to make sure) fixes it every time. Good luck and hopefully that fixes your problem. You also may want to try running a ping test to see if you have a bandwidth restriction from your ISP, or a communication lag between your PS3 and your router. I'm not sure if you can run one through your PS3, or if it's even really necessary, but if you can it might be worth checking, to see what the latency is, and if that is part of the cause for your problem.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

PRO Member

I doubt it's a problem with your internet. I've seen this people talking about this on a few other forums.

It used to happen to me all the time, usually after I added a new game to my list.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've been getting this a lot

I've already tried a reboot of the router etc but nothing happening.

I did come across another post on a forum that explained that the 10 - 12% mark is the actual syncing of the new Trophies, then the Facebook posting if enabled and the rest of the sync is making sure all the other games are synced correctly. I tried to find an official version but couldn't

In the past when I've had this problem I've let it sync over night and then the problem has disappeared, didn't seem to work this time though

Will Love you for Food

Well mine has been working again, after I turned the power off and let if cool down, I then tried playing some Borderlands to get some more trophies, so it's working fine. Guess it just took a little longer and maybe I needed to get some more trophies.

Change is mediocre

Happened to me when I got a little more than usual in one sitting, about 5-10. It took about 10 minutes to get to 50%, I just watched a video on youtube. From 50% it just zoomed to 100% though.