Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Site Competition Idea - Create Your Own Game!

This is a discussion on Site Competition Idea - Create Your Own Game! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by bnecker717 Well, if no one has any problems with it then I think that would be okay. ...

Rainbow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    Well, if no one has any problems with it then I think that would be okay. I was only worried that people who did it solo might think it was unfair, but if everyone is cool with teams being allowed then there shouldn't be a problem. What does everybody think?
    Why does it always have to be teams? If teams are allowed than it should all be teams instead of some solo and some team ups. It seems everyone who wants to team up isn't planning on doing any or little work at all.
    I like the idea of judges and member votes though.

Already have an awesome game in mind so sign me up!
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Why does it always have to be teams? If teams are allowed than it should all be teams instead of some solo and some team ups. It seems everyone who wants to team up isn't planning on doing any or little work at all.
    I like the idea of judges and member votes though.

Already have an awesome game in mind so sign me up!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm still open to everyone's feedback so keep them coming. I want to get everything fine-tuned ahead of time so that it runs smoothly.

Awesome, I'm happy to have you join!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

NSFW

I do personally think that teams should, may not be disallowed, but maybe be judged upon that. I can't help but feel, that it is unfair and unbalanced. Besides:

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post

[top]Can Multiple Members Receive a Site Award from the Same Competition?

Yes, but you you will need approval from Submerge to throw a group competition. We don't like throwing too many group competitions, only a couple are granted per year, so don't be surprised if yours is turned down. Please stick to one winner per competition unless you feel a group aspect would really make the competition amazing.
    This is from the site member thrown competition.

But it is your's (and Submerge's) decision in the end.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

All out of bubblegum.....

I am throwing my name out there to participate in this competition. Also, I'd like to team up, as my creativeness only goes so far... if anyone would like to team up with me, please PM me and we'll work out details. I have a few great ideas, and heads up, I will be leaning towards horror/sci fi/medieval/dragon type of plot.... graphic of course. Time for me to test my creative juicies! Also, not a brown nose attempt at early sympathy votes, but Nice new avy bnecker!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I do personally think that teams should, may not be disallowed, but maybe be judged upon that. I can't help but feel, that it is unfair and unbalanced. Besides:

This is from the site member thrown competition.

But it is your's (and Submerge's) decision in the end.
    Thank you for your input, gyrocop. I'm going to get the opinions of you and the other judges to come up with a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I am throwing my name out there to participate in this competition. Also, I'd like to team up, as my creativeness only goes so far... if anyone would like to team up with me, please PM me and we'll work out details. I have a few great ideas, and heads up, I will be leaning towards horror/sci fi/medieval/dragon type of plot.... graphic of course. Time for me to test my creative juicies! Also, not a brown nose attempt at early sympathy votes, but Nice new avy bnecker!
    Awesome, glad to have you aboard! Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    Long ass text
    You are not supposed to post your idea yet. The contest haven't even started, and even if it was, those submissions is supposed to be sent to Bnecker via PM, to keep you anynomous. As a judge, I haven't read this, but please delete this post, so other people/Judges doesn't accidentally read it.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Banned

Lol... I wouldn't play a game 1000 hours long away... so I stopped reading there...

Great idea... my main critique would be the judging... even if it's anonymous the participants can still tip off their friends to their game idea. I think a panel of judges, like in a beauty pageant, is the way to go. Set some criteria/categories and judge from 10. Maybe like "Originality", "Trophy Creativity" ... and have like 10 or so of those... set for 10 judges of trusted standing... the more trusted judges the better to create a greater scoring spread.

I would like to participate in it as I have had an idea forever... but it's way too time consuming. I'm in the process of trying to finish writing a horror screenplay to be drawn into a comic but I don't even take time to sit down and do that anymore... damn pipe dreams... career, house shopping, the old lady... too much work... lol... my cousin is a professional artist & has been published in Rolling Stone so the avenue is there to make an attempt... but damn, it's hard to focus on it & commit that time to something like that.

... so it will be interesting to see what people come up with... and then some game developer come by and steal the idea and make the game lol...

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    This will be revised, but my submition is (please try and imagine a game of THIS scale):
    Thanks for sharing, Wisefire, but the competition hasn't started yet. It's still in the planning stage. Could you please edit your post so that no one accidentally sees your game idea. We want to keep the judging unbiased and fair for everyone. Thanks!

You are not supposed to post your idea yet. The contest haven't even started, and even if it was, those submissions is supposed to be sent to Bnecker via PM, to keep you anynomous. As a judge, I haven't read this, but please delete this post, so other people/Judges doesn't accidentally read it.
    Thanks, gyrocop!

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Lol... I wouldn't play a game 1000 hours long away... so I stopped reading there...

Great idea... my main critique would be the judging... even if it's anonymous the participants can still tip off their friends to their game idea. I think a panel of judges, like in a beauty pageant, is the way to go. Set some criteria/categories and judge from 10. Maybe like "Originality", "Trophy Creativity" ... and have like 10 or so of those... set for 10 judges of trusted standing... the more trusted judges the better to create a greater scoring spread.

I would like to participate in it as I have had an idea forever... but it's way too time consuming. I'm in the process of trying to finish writing a horror screenplay to be drawn into a comic but I don't even take time to sit down and do that anymore... damn pipe dreams... career, house shopping, the old lady... too much work... lol... my cousin is a professional artist & has been published in Rolling Stone so the avenue is there to make an attempt... but damn, it's hard to focus on it & commit that time to something like that.

... so it will be interesting to see what people come up with... and then some game developer come by and steal the idea and make the game lol...
    Thank you for your input. Those are some great ideas. The judges will decide on the top ideas and then those remaining ideas will go to the community to vote on. I hope that you will be able to find the time to compete. I would love to see what your ideas are. It would be so amazing if the competition could be big enough that a prize would be to get a deal with a game company on the winning game.

From what people have suggested I plan to have the competition divided into two separate groups: solo and teams of 2. In order to get a site trophy for each there will need to be at least 5 people signed up for solo and 5 teams. If anyone else is interested in this competition please let us know on this thread and if you would like to compete solo or in a team. You can also use this thread to find a partner.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Legendary...Nuff Said

Teams of two only? D: Seems somewhat limited, maybe you could add in a third or fourth member to the limit.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Teams of two only? D: Seems somewhat limited, maybe you could add in a third or fourth member to the limit.
    I know it seems limited, but I am trying to keep things as fair as possible. Some people pointed out that with larger groups of 3 or 4 there would probably be people that tag along for the ride. I'm also trying not to go overboard with the groups as Submerge doesn't allow many group site competitions per year. Thank you though for your input!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 1 - Bronze

u can put my name down for parcipitating let me knw when in if u r gonna start it

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nemises15 View Post
    u can put my name down for parcipitating let me knw when in if u r gonna start it
    Okay, Nemises thanks! I'll let you know. I'm just waiting for Submerge to look over things and approve it as a site competition.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Synthwave <3

UPDATE:

It's official! Submerge has given his blessing for this to be a site competition. I'm going to start ironing out all the details with the judges and will post the official thread soon. Start planning on whether you want to compete solo or as a team of 2. In order to have site awards for each there will need to be at least 5 teams and 5 solo competitors. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Will Love you for Food

I'd be up for this, sounds awesome But when it comes to competitions like this, I'm more of a solo guy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hell yes I would love to enter I think Ive got a few Ideas already

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by mattykNZ56 View Post
    hell yes I would love to enter I think Ive got a few Ideas already
    Awesome, thanks for your interest! Sorry I haven't updated things or started the competition yet. I haven't had a chance to work on an example for everyone to use. I'll work on it asap!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Crocodile Hunter

Awesome, thanks for your interest! Sorry I haven't updated things or started the competition yet. I haven't had a chance to work on an example for everyone to use. I'll work on it asap!
    wow i cant belive ive never seen this thread

Ill help in anyway i can

Sig by Apokolypz

NSFW

Good to see this back.... If I remember correctly, you allowed me to make an example too. I searched through my files, and find out, that I'm pretty much done, with the exception of the trophy list.

I will be done with it today... if you still want it.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Kid, not loser

Good luck with it all.
    I wanted to get in on this originally, and had good ideas on what I wanted to do, but this time I've decided that I'm gonna sit it out. Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see more of these comps.
    Great job Bneck

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    wow i cant belive ive never seen this thread

Ill help in anyway i can
    No worries, mate!

Awesome and thanks! I have another spot for a judge if you are interested unless you would like to compete.

Good to see this back.... If I remember correctly, you allowed me to make an example too. I searched through my files, and find out, that I'm pretty much done, with the exception of the trophy list.

I will be done with it today... if you still want it.
    Hey, thanks so much buddy and yes I would still love it. If you don't mind I might use that as the example as time may not permit to get mine done soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Good luck with it all.
    I wanted to get in on this originally, and had good ideas on what I wanted to do, but this time I've decided that I'm gonna sit it out. Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see more of these comps.
    Great job Bneck
    Thanks buddy! No problem and thanks! Remember, you can still take part in the community vote!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast