What the hell just happened

This is a discussion on What the hell just happened within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok I've never had this before and this was really weird. I was playing BF3 and at the end of ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

What the hell just happened

Ok I've never had this before and this was really weird.
    I was playing BF3 and at the end of the match my screen was all black and nothing happened. I thought it froze on a black loading screen or so, my controller didn't worked and stuff. So I decided to turn it off and it took quite a while to hear the 3 beeps and after that it usually goes off.
    But no, my PS3 kept flashing the green power button and it wouldn't go off. So I just pulled the cabel out. What the hell does this mean? I've never had this before wtf. Is this really bad?

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't think you'll have any issues with your PS3 after that. The game just froze and the console couldn't be restarted normally. It happened to me once and I think it was when I was playing BF3.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

happens to me a lot, always third party games.
    nothing new, just PS3 being to awesome to handle.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Third party games? What are those exactly and what do they have to do with it?

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCostari View Post
    I think its something to do with the games beinf ported over to the PS3 format, rather than being designed around the PS3
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Retired

A game that's not an exclusive to Sony consoles.

The One and Only

That happens to me at times, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just BF3 trolling your PS3, that's all.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Its an EA game, what do you expect...

It has happened to me on FIFA and Socom Confrontation before, it should just check your hard drive when you turn it back on then should work as normal

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    That happens to me at times, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just BF3 trolling your PS3, that's all.
    Funny, same thing happened to my PS3 after a friend brought COD over. Put BF3 back in and it quit freezing up, lol, hmmm...

No but seriously to the thread starter, sometimes i've had to yank the power cord to, and MAINLY on my slim model. Needless to say, its had to "rebuild the database" several times.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 4 - Silver

That's weird, I didn't had to do that file recovery thing.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've had this a few times over the years. Nothing to worry about really .. Annoying but nothing to worry about.

Sometimes I've had the file recovery, sometimes not - I think you get that if your game was saving at the same time.

I don't think it's anything to do with 3rd party games either, I got it with Resistance 3 and it corrupted the installed data at the same time, so...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JazzSPX View Post
    I've had this a few times over the years. Nothing to worry about really .. Annoying but nothing to worry about.

Sometimes I've had the file recovery, sometimes not - I think you get that if your game was saving at the same time.

I don't think it's anything to do with 3rd party games either, I got it with Resistance 3 and it corrupted the installed data at the same time, so...
    Oh no what are the chances of getting corrupted data? That must be worse than a broken PS3!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Oh no what are the chances of getting corrupted data? That must be worse than a broken PS3!
    You'll only likely get it if your PS3 is accessing the HDD at the same time it crashes. I guess I was lucky, it was only the installed data so all I had to do was delete and reinstall but it could easily have been a save :-/

I back my important saves up now using PS+ - Nearly lost them when my Phat 60GB died but thanks to the hair dryer fix I got it working long enough to upgrade my account and get them uploaded.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I always have that problem with Bethesda games. It's just an annoyance, not a cause for alarm.

With Skyrim, it would often happen on loading screens, thus corrupting the auto save data it was writing. By the time I finished my first mega-playthrough (138 hours), I had about 30 corrupted data blocks on my system. But with how awesome that game is, it was worth putting up with.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

That ha happened to me a few time, but the ps3 just kept working as always... No mo problems after those.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JazzSPX View Post
    You'll only likely get it if your PS3 is accessing the HDD at the same time it crashes. I guess I was lucky, it was only the installed data so all I had to do was delete and reinstall but it could easily have been a save :-/

I back my important saves up now using PS+ - Nearly lost them when my Phat 60GB died but thanks to the hair dryer fix I got it working long enough to upgrade my account and get them uploaded.
    Yeah I don't have PS+ yet, I use a memory stick, all the games I play ATM are not copy-protected expect for BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I always have that problem with Bethesda games. It's just an annoyance, not a cause for alarm.

With Skyrim, it would often happen on loading screens, thus corrupting the auto save data it was writing. By the time I finished my first mega-playthrough (138 hours), I had about 30 corrupted data blocks on my system. But with how awesome that game is, it was worth putting up with.
    Yeah when I played Skryim half a year ago I had most freezes when either travelling or saving manually.
    So now I got Skyrim back I don't save anymore on travel and I'm always afraid it will freeze when saving. But my save file isn't very big yet, but freezes will come soon.