Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Resident Evil 6 New Leon Gameplay

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 New Leon Gameplay within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This actually seems like a massive step in the right direction, at least for Leon's campaign anyway. Resident Evil 6 ...

  1. #1
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    Resident Evil 6 New Leon Gameplay

    This actually seems like a massive step in the right direction, at least for Leon's campaign anyway.Resident Evil 6 - Leon Gameplay - Part 1 (HD) - YouTube

  2. #2
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    Jack-_-Krauser__'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    301
    Reputation
    6

    Cant wait ^-^

    ~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_






  3. #3
    PRO Member
    AngeldeLeo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    3,053
    Reputation
    56

    1st day buy 4 sure

  4. #4
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,495
    Reputation
    81

    Still not sure about them adding a reticle. First this now Dead Space 3. Please oh please if they make another Shadows of the Damned may they not add a reticle.

    Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

  5. #5
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,390
    Reputation
    247

    It looks pretty solid. The reticle thing is weird but I bet it will be easy to get used to. The thing that bothers me is the first 3 min of the video. Come-on Leon, we've been here before. You know that's a damn zombie, quit trying to give it orders. Just shoot it
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  6. #6
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    It looks pretty solid. The reticle thing is weird but I bet it will be easy to get used to. The thing that bothers me is the first 3 min of the video. Come-on Leon, we've been here before. You know that's a damn zombie, quit trying to give it orders. Just shoot it
    He normally wouldn't hesitate but:
    1. It was the FUCKING PRESIDENT!
    2. There were really good friends.

  7. #7
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    Looks really sweet, and it's actual zombies! WOO! Zombies to kill this time!

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  8. #8
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Meh...they added the crosshairs so people who mainly play FPS could get into the game easier. I don't understand what was wrong with the laser sight, it's not rocket science to use it.

    While Leon gameplay is the most similar to survival horror (although, I doubt it will be that), the sections with other characters have strayed as far from survival horror as possible. I'll still get the game but RE today is just a shadow of a shadow of it's former self.

  9. #9
    PRO Member
    DrJackel666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,285
    Reputation
    59

    Hmm still not confidence of a day 1 buy yet but then again it's not october yet..what else you gonna throw at us capcom?

  10. #10
    Mr. X
    Prosthetic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    38

    I'll still buy this game and I've no doubt that it will be fantastic but it's sad to see how so many little things really kill the horror.

    The setting looks really good, tight corridors and basic horror standards of things going bump in the night and then all the tension is killed because Leon and his partner can't shut their mouths. Having a second person wouldn't hurt the suspense as much but when all they do is talk it just destroys the atmosphere. Dead Space 3 was showing the exact same problems.

    Another thing is the location marker. It's not like this is some huge RPG why do we need it? This also kills the atmosphere. You're hearing noises and expecting something to happen but you know you'll be safe until you get to the desired marker.

    It's all these little things that do the damage but then I forget we're just dumbing this down for the retarded COD fanbase so Capcom can sell more units. I don't even see the point in bringing back the zombies; it's just a smoke screen to trick the old school fans. They did it with the lickers in 5. In fact that was one of the best segments of the game because it was tense but it was so short-lived. Lost in Nightmares was spot on as well. Capcom can do it they just resfue to.

    The game will play fantastically I have no doubt but I'm still sad to see the continued demise of one of my favourite series and the survival horror genre in general.

    the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.


  11. #11
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    The game will play fantastically I have no doubt but I'm still sad to see the continued demise of one of my favourite series and the survival horror genre in general.
    Yeah, the survival horror genre is on the decline, isn't it? Companies water down games to appeal to casual gamers and we end up with things like this. This will be a good, fun game, it just doesn't appear to be a good Resident Evil game, like the last 2 numbered games. I still have to play it to properly judge it, but their "going back to our roots" isn't what I thought it would be.

  12. #12
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    I'll still buy this game and I've no doubt that it will be fantastic but it's sad to see how so many little things really kill the horror.

    The setting looks really good, tight corridors and basic horror standards of things going bump in the night and then all the tension is killed because Leon and his partner can't shut their mouths. Having a second person wouldn't hurt the suspense as much but when all they do is talk it just destroys the atmosphere. Dead Space 3 was showing the exact same problems.

    Another thing is the location marker. It's not like this is some huge RPG why do we need it? This also kills the atmosphere. You're hearing noises and expecting something to happen but you know you'll be safe until you get to the desired marker.

    It's all these little things that do the damage but then I forget we're just dumbing this down for the retarded COD fanbase so Capcom can sell more units. I don't even see the point in bringing back the zombies; it's just a smoke screen to trick the old school fans. They did it with the lickers in 5. In fact that was one of the best segments of the game because it was tense but it was so short-lived. Lost in Nightmares was spot on as well. Capcom can do it they just resfue to.

    The game will play fantastically I have no doubt but I'm still sad to see the continued demise of one of my favourite series and the survival horror genre in general.
    Yes, because selling more units is a bad thing. Shame on Capcom for wanting to make money to continue making games. I know I am being a complete douchebag for saying it that way but I'm sick of this 'starving-artist' mentality gamers have now that if a game is changed so a majority like it, suddenly their minority is no longer special.

    I've made no qualms about saying it before but I'll say it again. RE 1-3 had a superior storyline but RE4-5 had far superior gameplay. Survival horror is a one-trick pony. Once you've seen it, it's spent. It is no longer scary. After that if it was good enough then people will have nostalgia and warp their views, but lets be serious, how many go back to play RE1-2-3 today?

    I'm going to enjoy and praise what RE has become, an Action-Horror game. Is it what people wanted it to be? Obviously not, or else we would not be debating it. But I won't like the game less because of it.

    If people do not want a series to switch it's focus, then don't buy it. In all seriousness, if people are pissed that RE has lost it's roots then stop supporting it by not buying it, and show Capcom they will make more from it being 'Survival-Horror' than 'Action-Horror'.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  13. #13
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Yes, because selling more units is a bad thing. Shame on Capcom for wanting to make money to continue making games. I know I am being a complete douchebag for saying it that way but I'm sick of this 'starving-artist' mentality gamers have now that if a game is changed so a majority like it, suddenly their minority is no longer special.
    This isn't just about Capcom. Dead Space is heading in the same direction since EA admitted they want to draw in more people. Which is fine, since they're selling a product. But there are better ways to go about doing this then dumbing down games. Each new RE game released in the last few years is getting easier and easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I've made no qualms about saying it before but I'll say it again. RE 1-3 had a superior storyline but RE4-5 had far superior gameplay. Survival horror is a one-trick pony. Once you've seen it, it's spent. It is no longer scary. After that if it was good enough then people will have nostalgia and warp their views, but lets be serious, how many go back to play RE1-2-3 today?
    Probably a lot of RE fans go back to play older games. I played RE1 a while back and although the controlls were stiff a bit in the beginning I got used to it and enjoyed the game for what it was, one of the pioneers of the survival horror genre. Running around the mansion with 1 bullet for the handgun, hoping not to run into a zombie or a dog is unlike anything I've experienced in RE4 or 5. Horror may become spent after a playthrough, but shooting 10 enemies every 5 seconds is no better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I'm going to enjoy and praise what RE has become, an Action-Horror game. Is it what people wanted it to be? Obviously not, or else we would not be debating it. But I won't like the game less because of it.
    As as said a few times before, both RE4 and 5 were good, fun games. They just weren't good Resident Evil games. If they removed RE from the title and changed the characters a little bit I'd say the game looks really well. The thing is, it's not what RE is, or rather was. I understand games need to change, but you san still keep the survival horror feel and add new things. Dead Space says it all (not sure about DS3 here).

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    If people do not want a series to switch it's focus, then don't buy it. In all seriousness, if people are pissed that RE has lost it's roots then stop supporting it by not buying it, and show Capcom they will make more from it being 'Survival-Horror' than 'Action-Horror'.
    The thing is, games today are more and more being catered to the casual gamer. The easier and simpler a games is, the easier it is for the casuals to get into it and that's what the developers are going for. There are far more casuals that they're trying to bring in then hardcore RE fans who want their survival horror back. There are more and more gamers today who simply want to shoot stuff without having to use their heads for more complex gameplay.

  14. #14
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    This isn't just about Capcom. Dead Space is heading in the same direction since EA admitted they want to draw in more people. Which is fine, since they're selling a product. But there are better ways to go about doing this then dumbing down games. Each new RE game released in the last few years is getting easier and easier.
    Easier is in the eye of the beholder. Some say X is hard while other say X is easy. I just think we should realize the market is different and is becoming more accepted into the mainstream. It's no longer something you did on the weekend to pass the time ala the NES days, or what the socially inept did in the SNES/PS1 days ala the stereotypes. We, as in the more hardcore variety like you and me, might not like that COD brings home the bacon, but I think we should respect the fact that games are exponentially more expensive to make now than back in the 90s. Its a necessary evil, so to speak.

    Granted I look at the medium differently than others because to quote Deus Ex my preferred difficulty level is "Tell me a Story" as I could care less about having to spend an hour on one boss when I want to know if the story is deserving of my trials and tribulations.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  15. #15
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    The sad thing about it now is that because both resident evil and dead space have abandoned their roots the genre is completely dead.
    There is not a single survival horror console franchise left now...
    Let's hope next gen someone drops a bomb on us with a true survival horror game (that doesn't even have weapons).
    On the bright side Shinji Mikami (the founder of resident evil who left after 4) is working on a survival horror game he codenamed Zwei and it will release next gen but very little is known about it.

  16. #16
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    The sad thing about it now is that because both resident evil and dead space have abandoned their roots the genre is completely dead.
    There is not a single survival horror console franchise left now...
    Let's hope next gen someone drops a bomb on us with a true survival horror game (that doesn't even have weapons).
    On the bright side Shinji Mikami (the founder of resident evil who left after 4) is working on a survival horror game he codenamed Zwei and it will release next gen but very little is known about it.
    Don't forget Silent Hill is still around.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  17. #17
    Mr. X
    Prosthetic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Yes, because selling more units is a bad thing. Shame on Capcom for wanting to make money to continue making games. I know I am being a complete douchebag for saying it that way but I'm sick of this 'starving-artist' mentality gamers have now that if a game is changed so a majority like it, suddenly their minority is no longer special.
    Fair point. It is their product and they can do what they want with it. I was just venting at how it's upsetting that their core audience, that have played the earlier games and allowed them continued success, are losing out to target a different audience that otherwise wouldn't care. This is business and I can't really argue against this point.

    I've made no qualms about saying it before but I'll say it again. RE 1-3 had a superior storyline but RE4-5 had far superior gameplay. Survival horror is a one-trick pony. Once you've seen it, it's spent. It is no longer scary. After that if it was good enough then people will have nostalgia and warp their views, but lets be serious, how many go back to play RE1-2-3 today?
    I own every core Resident Evil and I still play them all. I've got 1-3 on disc and on my PS3 HDD. It wasn't too long ago I had a run through Resident Evil 2. The only ones I've not played in recent time are 4 and Code Veronica simply because I don't have a PS2 anymore and I can't afford the digital downloads at the moment.

    I'm only one person but I'm sure there's many who have a similar love for the series.

    I'm going to enjoy and praise what RE has become, an Action-Horror game. Is it what people wanted it to be? Obviously not, or else we would not be debating it. But I won't like the game less because of it.
    What the game has become is a great game. Resident Evil 4 got a great balance between the two. The problem is that they won't even resemble horror games soon they'll just be another action game and we've got enough of them. If Capacom wanted to make an action series why not make a new IP? They did it with DMC when they realised the Resident Evil they were making was straying too far from its core.

    I'm not saying it won't be a good game, just that it is sad to see it lose some of its identity to fit in with the COD crowd. That video clip was awesome, it felt like Resident Evil 4 but like I said they spoilt the horror by adding such pointless things as a marker and excessive conversation.

    If people do not want a series to switch it's focus, then don't buy it. In all seriousness, if people are pissed that RE has lost it's roots then stop supporting it by not buying it, and show Capcom they will make more from it being 'Survival-Horror' than 'Action-Horror'.
    I'm not going to boycott the game because I know it will be good. Capcom have people by the balls. They're unhappy at the series pulling away from horror but the games are still good fun and we don't want to miss out.

    Resident Evil 5 is one of my favourite games and I'm sure this one will be. I just wanted to point out how they're trying to fool the old school crowd into thinking this is a step back towards survival horror when there's so many factors that point to it not being.

    Game developers like to see their work as art and as the audience I have a right to critique it. I'm sure I'm not alone with my view. It's so awkward to talk about because I love the earlier and older stuff. Survival horror is dying and it sucks to see one of the originators hammering nails in the coffin.

    the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.


  18. #18
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Easier is in the eye of the beholder. Some say X is hard while other say X is easy.
    What I didn't like is the checkpoint system that made RE5 way too easy. You get to a boss, restart the checkpoint and buy a rocket launcher...game over. Maybe they'll make RE6 more like RE4 when it comes to these checkpoints.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Games are exponentially more expensive to make now than back in the 90s.
    This is true. I understand these companies exist to make profit. But simplifying games more and more and making them action oriented to appeal to casual gamers can create a rather problematic situations in the industry. If there is no variety the market gets saturated with games that all have a same feel to them. I hope it won't come to that as variety is good here.

    Oh and, did you guys notice weapon dual wielding in the gameplay demo? That's something I don't really like.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 06-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  19. #19
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    Game developers like to see their work as art and as the audience I have a right to critique it. I'm sure I'm not alone with my view. It's so awkward to talk about because I love the earlier and older stuff. Survival horror is dying and it sucks to see one of the originators hammering nails in the coffin.
    Critique away, or else I'd have nothing to debate people on. LOL

    I understand where your coming from that RE, to some, is losing it's core identity and its roots. I'd like to think that it evolved. It still feels and resembles RE through it's core story, even though the gameplay has done a 180 shift. But here is a different problem to think about. If it was the same type of game year after year, that happened with 1-CV, would they still be around or would they be lambasted by the hypocritical critiques in the media as a never-changing beast? An example given is Dynasty Warriors. That series is the essence of what some people on this thread want RE to be. By that I mean it stayed with its roots and didn't change the gameplay at all, just minor tweaks here and there, but not the big change we saw from CV to 4. But when was the last time we saw a DW game get higher than a 6 from the critics?

    Like it or not, and I definitely don't like, but the major media sites have some sway with the video game companies. Capcom wants to be one of the big boys so it, in my theory, needs to bend to some of the wishes of the media. Granted the reviews are probably bought and paid for to begin with, the big media sites still have sway with the ignorant masses and whatever they say is good people will buy in droves, and what people won't say is good, the mass public will not buy it.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  20. #20
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    dont understand what the big deal is about resident evil these days, i havent enjoyed a re game since ps1, tried 4 and didnt like it at all, tried the demo for 5 and hated it, nothing ive seen from 6 is doing anything for me, i find it funny when a japanese developer tries to westernize their games because they just dont understand what most "western" gamers enjoy, the humor is usually off and plots are usually nonsensical, it would probably be better if capcom worked closely with a respected american developer to develop different versions of their games to appeal to the japanese audience and the western audience seperately, i realize it would probably not be cost productive to do this but it would make fans happier because they could get a game that makes more sense to them, they could keep intact the gameplay aspects but change the story elements and dialogue to make more sense to their respective audiences

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO