Kojima confirms MGS5, not yet done with Solid Snake

This is a discussion on Kojima confirms MGS5, not yet done with Solid Snake within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Kojima confirms Metal Gear Solid 5 - Gematsu Kojima Productions boss Hideo Kojima has confirmed development on Metal Gear Solid ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Kojima confirms MGS5, not yet done with Solid Snake

Kojima Productions boss Hideo Kojima has confirmed development on Metal Gear Solid 5 to the twentieth issue (June / July) of the French IG Magazine.
    “There will be a Metal Gear Solid 5 with the new FOX Engine,” confirmed Kojima (via Google Translate), “but what we’ve shown was not gameplay, or anything like that. It was only a demo that we had developed internally and released because the lighting and interactions with the environment had fooled everyone.”
    Kojima continued: “About Metal Gear Solid 5, I can tell you two things. There will be much question of infiltration, espionage, and convincing people to give you “a favor” like in the last Metal Gear Solid. I liked the idea of social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but we will see. And if I say more, the female ninja public relations officer, who is behind the door, I will be carved up into pieces. So it’s better that we meet again when the time comes to talk about Metal Gear Solid 5.”
    Kojima also touched upon Metal Gear Rising, reiterating that it is not a Solid Snake title, but rather an offshoot that does something new.
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance never claimed to be a Metal Gear Solid. This is not a game about our beloved Solid Snake. It is a spinoff that tries something different. We have not yet finished with Solid Snake, despite the fact that I wanted to let him die at the end of Guns of the Patriots.”

Abracadaver ;[

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 9 - Gold

More Snake?

Interesting, if not entirely unexpected...

Mr. X

I just came to post this news but you've beat me to it. MGS4 ended it all perfectly but I can't be anything but happy to know there's another MGS game on the way.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 8 - Gold

That's a bit of an older thread so I hope Chambers doesn't mind. Wouldn't want one of his animals coming after me.

MGS5 "I want you" poster has Big Boss on it so MGS5 will probably be a home console game, I just think he's waiting for PS4. The one with Solid Snake might be a PS Vita game since Kojima likes handhelds.

Lvl 8 - Gold

All i can say is.... (two things)

Hope there is trophy support

AND

Lets see more female characters.

Other than those two things, change nothing! (well maybe the story)

Lvl 8 - Gold

As much as I love Solid Snake as a game character, I wouldn't want to see him having an active role in a sequel. Supporting via Codec is fine but I don't want them to water down a character and drag out his story.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    As much as I love Solid Snake as a game character, I wouldn't want to see him having an active role in a sequel. Supporting via Codec is fine but I don't want them to water down a character and drag out his story.
    I have to agree snake should not be the main character mgs4 was the perfect ending for him it's time for new story but this time they must do it right.

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    All i can say is.... (two things)

Hope there is trophy support

AND

Lets see more female characters.

Other than those two things, change nothing! (well maybe the story)
    Every new game has to have trophy support so there's no point worrying about it.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just let Snake die already... They already are trying to refresh the series by making Raiden the protagonist in Revengeance, why not carry that on or bring in a new one and make Snake the 'Colonel' styel character offering guidance? There is nothing new that Snake can bring to the table imo..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can just picture it now. An old snake sneaking around bases in his wheel chair, oiling it every so often to not get himself noticed by the squeaks of the wheels.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Most of us already knew MGS5 was "confirmed".

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Honestly I was hoping that they would keep Solid Snake away from the franchise now. Konami is clearly pressuring Kojima into making this game with Solid Snake. The bad thing is that this is not the way the story was originally conceived from Kojima's mind. So I am afraid the story might be pushed too far to the point of too many plot holes and not making much sense. Snake had the perfect send-off in MGS4. I would much rather be playing as Boss during WW2 are some kind of back story like that.

Sig by Bladia

Kiwi Defender

Now to play the waiting game to find out what it is about, when it is taking place and who will be the lead character. Yay.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

they are doing the prequel to Metal Gear by having Big Boss get Other Heaven fully running and he forms FOXHOUND