Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC out June 26th

This is a discussion on Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC out June 26th within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So Bioware just posted this at their webpage a bit ago. Mass Effect The extended cut dlc that is supposed ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC out June 26th

So Bioware just posted this at their webpage a bit ago.

Mass Effect

The extended cut dlc that is supposed to add a sense of closure to the game finally has a release date: June 26th. Along with this announcemente they posted an audio interview with creative director Casey Hudson and Mac Walters (one of the writters).

Anyone excited/intersted in this?

(If this is in the wrong forum group please move it, thanks)

Resident PHD

This should probably be moved to the Mass Effect 3 page but I can't do that.

Anyways it will be interesting to see fans reactions to this. I will be sitting back and waiting

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Lol the ending that they should of made DLC right? haven't played the game but i heard about all the uproar over the ending and from what i read it seemed like a pretty stupid ending to a game series.

Banned

Never played a bioware game in my life, and now that they're owned by EA I never will.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I enjoyed the original ending. Heaven forbid you have to make your own interpretation rather than have it all spelled out for you. This new ending is going to take away from my original experience.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

INTJ

unless it fixes most/all the problems listed in this it's shit

ME3 Consensus Survey 2 - Final Results - Imgur

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    unless it fixes most/all the problems listed in this it's shit

ME3 Consensus Survey 2 - Final Results - Imgur
    Spoken like someone who hasn't played the game. Congratulations on once again not having a clue what you're on about.

If you played more than 5 hours of ME and more than half of ME2, you'd view the numerous interactions with surviving crew from ME1 / ME2 throughout ME3 as part of the finale. It all ties up perfectly fine at the end and there is a great deal of variety in Shepard's ME3 story based on who lived and died, including saying goodbye to each and every surviving squadmate before heading off to meet your maker. How much more closure do you need?

Seriously...who gives a flying fuck if rewriting the Geth, saving the Rachni queen, blowing up the Collector base and saving the Council do little more than boost your Galactic Readiness? They all play a part in the narrative of ME3, depending on the choices you made, as does siding with Tali over Legion, Miranda over Jack, killing Wrex, Kaiden or Ashley...the list goes on and on.

Given every one of the big decisions in the first two games play out in ME3, I don't know why Bioware needs to justify their ending with fan service DLC. Do you really need to be hand-held through the Geth / Quarian resolution? Talk to Tali and she says (I'm paraphrasing here) "The Geth are helping to rebuild our houses, farms etc in weeks rather than months or years...blah blah blah."

As for how did the Normandy get away from the exploding relays? It just fucking did. It's called suspension of disbelief. Just accept it and that Jeff and EDI can now have happy little Human / Synthetic babies. I don't need a quantum physics degree or copy of Gray's Fucking Anatomy to tell me it couldn't really happen. I could go on to address further points in your totally not biased survey, but it's a waste of my time when I'm satisfied with the ending.

If you call yourself a gamer Doodles, get over the pissing, moaning and over-analysis from the few who refuse to let go of Shepard and enjoy the preceding 150 hours that lead to that moment, then move on. The A, B, C choice at the end just ties a pretty pink bow around the story and draws it to a conclusion. As it is you get your Paragon choice, Renegade choice and a bonus middle-ground option. That's one more than any other interaction in the game.

The ending is fine as is. Play the game. It's great.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 06-24-2012 at 07:26 AM.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Spoken like someone who hasn't played the game. Congratulations on once again not having a clue what you're on about.
    my 18 hour playtime save tends to differ

i played every single mass effect. I loved Mass effect 1 the most. 2 was only good for some characters it introduced but the rest was ok (the problem was mass effect 2 didn't really matter in the main story line, it was like "Before you go kill the reapers, we gotta go take a detour and stock up for shit on our roadtrip through the storyline.")

the only two moments that were actually good quality or higher in the entire Me3 game were the garrus presidium scene (even then They fucked up the skybox in the background) and mordin's final scene (Played Paragon, then saw the renegade one on youtube, both are really good.)

everything else was ok to terrible fanfiction status.

but the ending, oh dear god the ending.

The game went full batshit stupid at that point.

and thats just the part before you go up and do the 3 colored choices that reflect nothing of what you done.

Starkiller supreme

I enjoyed the ending but I'm also excited to see what they've made.

Toggle Spoiler

platcard by wadefan1

Sig by the one and only LEE200