Your DREAM Games... Release Those Wishes...

This is a discussion on Your DREAM Games... Release Those Wishes... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I want your ideas on this, but a game centered on what I'm about to say is a brief description ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Your DREAM Games... Release Those Wishes...

I want your ideas on this, but a game centered on what I'm about to say is a brief description of a game I would LOVE. I don't think this type of Thread has been done on ps3trophies.com before, so I'd love this to kick off something big . This, in my opinion, would pretty much complete my life gaming-wise for about 3 years. This would be something I would LOVE from a next-gen game:

A DETAILED landscape, that is free roam, and insanely massive. I'm thinking it could be based around the book series 'The Inheritance Cycle' (you guys know it, with Eragon?). It would be truly beautiful on next-gen. For those who are familiar to the series, imagine an Alagaesia that is 1000 in-game miles from you first home, that is Carvahall, to the farthest mountain at the Beor's (in a straight line going south-east; map of Alagaesia is below).

You could go out of the 'map', as in to say land, but can't go far because you get killed by really wild animals. You could go out into the ocean ‘forever’, like in Just Cause 2. You follow the story of the series, but the controls/story is SO big and SO epic, it takes about 1000 hours to finish it, after which you could travel around the land, doing loads of sub-missions, using your magic to help people/tasks. Don't think of Skyrim/Bethesda games; I'm not talking about multiple stories and quests. I'm talking about ONE GIGANTIC CAMPAIGN, with MANY BRANCHING STORY LINES. Imagine that game? Imagine the amount of villages and city's it could have. The entire amount mentioned in the series, along with thousands of others. Literally, you could have over 5000 locations... For travel, you can walk (real-time travel), use a horse (real-time travel, no cut scenes), use a cart (real-time travel, no cut scenes, only ‘breaks’ along the journey, which you pay for) or, of course, use your dragon (read a summary of the series if you don’t know about it). You can fast travel, but only to random places about a mile outside of the actual location. The controls could be made so that you and your dragon do the same things, just as if the two of you are mentally connected (refers to story); random things can happen that support each other (e.g. your dragon randomly kills an enemy, or your dragon hints at where a location is, or you help your dragon to calm him/her if they are hurt; the voice used could be an echo to show your talking to the dragon through your mind). You sleep and eat. You can use you magic to draw energy from living things, but you get a decrease in XP and stamina, as well as morale. Otherwise, you can die (albeit rarely) from an excess use of energy/magic (just as in the books. When you die, you get reset campaign-wise to a major event, though you do not lose any XP/progress/collection/ANYTHING).

The time is always real-time; you can fast travel, but there can be incentive to actually travel the vast distances (money, game completion, location discovery – of course, as well as XP and trophies/achievements). You could have cosy, medieval villages, as well as spooky locations. There wouldn’t be any uncertainty as to what to do, and you never get more than one mission at a time. It definitely must be like a solid campaign (i.e. Uncharted), not like Bethesda games. It could have tens of thousands of secrets; ‘secret’ locations/very minor locations must be marked on your map, so you don’t miss anything.

The above is just a tiny, personal description of this game I have in my head that I wish future developers get brainwaves about!

Map of Alagaesia below:

WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS/THOUGHTS ON YOUR DREAM GAME?
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Legendary...Nuff Said

Surprise! There actually was already a very recent thread on this; save your idea for the site competition! http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...-own-game.html

Though I must say, Eragon kinda, sorta, maybe, totally, stunk. :/

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Surprise! There actually was already a very recent thread on this; save your idea for the site competition! http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...-own-game.html

Though I must say, Eragon kinda, sorta, maybe, totally, stunk. :/
    That's different, that's the single idea you want to submit for a competition, however this one is the game you want done, whether it includes old IPs or new ones.

NSFW

He knows that, that competition exists. He first posted his entry there. When I first dismissed, that he couldn't do that yet, he posted it here, which does not make it better.... and you know what? We already have a thread like this...

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...-you-make.html

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.