Planet Axel goes bust...boo

This is a discussion on Planet Axel goes bust...boo within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dagnammit...no sooner did I find a North American game shop that ships internationally than the friggin' site goes bankrupt. www.planetaxel.com ...

illegal in 9 countries

Planet Axel goes bust...boo

Dagnammit...no sooner did I find a North American game shop that ships internationally than the friggin' site goes bankrupt.

www.planetaxel.com

Luckily, the 10 games I ordered in April managed to trickle through, but not before 4 of them went AWOL in the post.

Can anyone recommend an alternative US or Canadian game store that ships overseas? None of the big ones do it (Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop etc), so I'm bummed that Planet Axel has bitten the dust.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions - Play-Asia.com

But be forewarned, prices here are slightly higher due to a very wide collection of games available for import, including Japanese versions, and high demand.

EDIT: Their deliveries are very prompt as well.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Well, I can recommend the other site I put up on that one thread ages ago.

Welcome to Video Games Plus Online

Loads of people have had success from ordering from that site and I would guess if they didn't order from PA they would use this as a main site for US/Canadian imports instead.

From the impression I get from loads of people who import stuff on a regular basis anyway, but yeah they pretty much have the same pricing for imports as PA did.

Kinda shitty PA have gone down, loved ordering from them but guess that ain't happening anymore, looks like VGP is is next in line for an alternative site.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

illegal in 9 countries

I've used them in the past. Too expensive :/ Worthwhile for the occasional Japanese import.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    Thanks Kupo. I checked their pricing and at the time, PA offered the better deals. Still...it's better to have at least one alternative than none!

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Thanks Kupo. I checked their pricing and at the time, PA offered the better deals. Still...it's better to have at least one alternative than none!
    Yeah, admittedly I have never ordered from them before and just stuck with PA but from all the positivity and things I've read they're just as good, but I dunno what their stock is like for older stuff but newer stuff definitely up to date.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 6 - Silver

You could always try amazon or the big ones if you get yourself an american postage address, never used the service but i've read good things..

Reship.com (though google 'get an american shipping address' to see a list of alternatives). Worth a look, but obviously expect to pay a little bit of tax or whatever.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    You could always try amazon or the big ones if you get yourself an american postage address, never used the service but i've read good things..

Reship.com (though google 'get an american shipping address' to see a list of alternatives). Worth a look, but obviously expect to pay a little bit of tax or whatever.
    I use Borderlinx to reship electronic goodies we can't get here in Oz, like the Game Capture HD I bought from Amazon a few days ago.

For high-value purchases it's worthwhile. But for small parcels like DVDs / Blu-Rays, the shipping is exorbitant and ends up being almost as much as a cheap game. What should only cost a few bucks to stick in the post ends up costing $10-20 in handling fees!

Legend...Nuff Said

Does EBay work for you?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Does EBay work for you?
    It does, and it doesn't...if that makes sense. I've used eBay extensively in the past and it tends to be more expensive than dedicated online gaming retailers, particularly relating to shipping.

It can cost between $5-$15 per disc to ship a game internationally from eBay to Oz depending on the seller (typically $8 a game), but it costs me only £1 to ship as many games as I want per order from Zavvi.

So instead of using eBay, I buy 99% of my games cheaply and shipped internationally from Zavvi, TheHut, Game, ShopTo etc in the UK. UK <> AU PSN DLC is also compatible and getting what I want is rarely a problem.

But some games are only released in the USA, like NCAA Football, or I want US region discs for the 50% cheaper PSN DLC, or access to regional servers like Blitz the League II, or multi-region plats...which isn't my thing, but some people do it.

The games I want from the USA/Canada end up being more expensive on eBay as they're treated as a rarity, like Jurassic the Hunted, or 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand (trophy version), or White Knight Chronicles. You see the same mark-up at Play Asia.

Even games like Cars 2, Ben 10: Galactic Racing, Marvel Super Hero Squad or Kung Fu Panda 2 (I have kids) can be hard to track down, unless you're willing to fork out triple the price you'd pay in the States.

Finding a USA-based retailer willing to sell games at local prices that are not readily available in the UK or Oz and ship internationally at a reasonable price is rare as rocking-horse shit. Hence the :sadface: over losing Planet Axel just as our relationship was blossoming...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah. PA going down really is a pity. They had great prizes and shipping was quite quick, too. I only ever had one game going missing in the mail (out of 20-30), and the resent it successfully. But with the USD going into the wrong direction you could see they would have problems (and fragrances? WTF? Totally different customer target group).

I have used Video Games Plus before PA, but their shipping cost (to Continental Europe) is significantly higher (without being faster).

Has anybody had experience with them recently?
    Last edited by AstaSyneri; 08-08-2012 at 05:33 AM.

NSFW

This thread kinda comes as a blessing to me... I've tried for some time finding a way to get "You Don't Know Jack" over here in Denmark. It's impossible. Any of the Amazon retailers (including VGP) refuses to ship it to Denmark... Maybe this Play-Asia one wants to give me the game.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    This thread kinda comes as a blessing to me... I've tried for some time finding a way to get "You Don't Know Jack" over here in Denmark. It's impossible. Any of the Amazon retailers (including VGP) refuses to ship it to Denmark... Maybe this Play-Asia one wants to give me the game.
    What's so special about Denmark? AFAIK they ship to Germany just fine...

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    What's so special about Denmark? AFAIK they ship to Germany just fine...
    I don't know... I just simply don't know.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.