Is there a pc program to test ur ps3's bandwidth usage?

This is a discussion on Is there a pc program to test ur ps3's bandwidth usage? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just like the title says, is there a pc program to test ur ps3's bandwidth usage? Cus I am thinking ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is there a pc program to test ur ps3's bandwidth usage?

Just like the title says, is there a pc program to test ur ps3's bandwidth usage? Cus I am thinking if upgrading my speed to 8 Mbps and 40 gb download limit.(currently 1mbps and 8 gb download, lol what was I thinking) but if I go over the 40 gigs I pay more for every gb I use, and I don't want to play online like there's no tomorrow and I get the bill then I turns out to be $200. Thanks in advance

Awesome signature made by Remus1997

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Please guys, I really need help ASAP

Ghost Assassin

Not sure if there's a program on pc to test it, but doesn't your provider have a website that tells you your usage for each day? That's how I keep track of my usage. What you can try doing is turning everything off except your PS3 and see how much it uses on that day. I can't think of anything else.

Edit: I use about 2 gigs a day (sometimes more) and I'm currently close to my 95 gig limit, but thankfully it resets in a day. If you do a lot of things on the internet like watching videos and downloading, I suggest getting a bigger amount. If you're just using psn, I think 40 gigs should be enough. If you want to download psn games, get a bigger usage amount; you don't want to download a game like ratchet and clank (if you have ps plus) and then have to wait for your limit to reset.

Main point: Check your daily usage with your provider and get a plan that will cover it.

PRO Member

There are none that I'm aware of :/

Could you not ring the internet provider and see if they have any suggestions? Perhaps some way where you can track online or ring them to see what bandwidth you have left?

Lvl 7 - Gold

There currently is no program to test how much bandwidth you use while on the Playstation 3.
    Usually online gaming doesn't eat up too much, usually 300-500KBps.
    I hope that gives you some help in some way.

Other than that I'd ask your service provider for more information.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Harvester of Souls

I'll check the one I had, but it goes a bit higher than what actually gets used up so the numbers it gives may be higher than what's really getting used for it. . What kind of net is it? I use numerous types of wireless cellphone type nets if that's why asking or have a monthly limit type deal.

But use any bandwidth checker and cease use of all usage except for the PS3 being connected. Use it for a select amount of time and then check what the usage says. It should calculate the complete total.

ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter was the name of one I had. Prolly find it on Cnet. com or something like that. Google works.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

never heard of such sorry man
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

i know that an hour of streaming video uses a gig of data.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    I'll check the one I had, but it goes a bit higher than what actually gets used up so the numbers it gives may be higher than what's really getting used for it. . What kind of net is it? I use numerous types of wireless cellphone type nets if that's why asking or have a monthly limit type deal.

But use any bandwidth checker and cease use of all usage except for the PS3 being connected. Use it for a select amount of time and then check what the usage says. It should calculate the complete total.

ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter was the name of one I had. Prolly find it on Cnet. com or something like that. Google works.
    Yeah,Im using that one now,I turned it on then played about 3 matches on MW3 I went back to check it n it said it downloaded 1mb total, so I thought that program is only for testing bandwidth in the pc

illegal in 9 countries

There is software out there to track the usage of any device on the local network, it may even be part of your router firmware.

Give the PS3 a static IP and use something like DU Meter to report the traffic to / from that IP address.

More info - DU Meter: bandwidth monitor for your computer