Please help :)

This is a discussion on Please help :) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i have seen on some peoples ps3 walkthrough videos they have like a moving news bar underneath the date and ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Please help :)

i have seen on some peoples ps3 walkthrough videos they have like a moving news bar underneath the date and time on the main menue ... how do i get this up ?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Could you show us an example?

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I have no idea what your talking about, be more specific please.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Buy my book, Alteration

Yeah, could you post a video with such?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Nope, nothing

If you mean what I think you mean, then under the PlayStation Network section of the XMB, it's the What's New thing, but I can't for the life of me remember how to activate it I know you can deactivate the thing you're on about though...

For people who don't know what he means, if I'm right that is, in the section in the top right with your avy, number of friends online, date and time, there's text scrolling underneath with news from the store.

Or I could be completely wrong Either way, I do remember there being some stuff scrolling along there and it annoyed me so I turned it off.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    If you mean what I think you mean, then under the PlayStation Network section of the XMB, it's the What's New thing, but I can't for the life of me remember how to activate it I know you can deactivate the thing you're on about though...

For people who don't know what he means, if I'm right that is, in the section in the top right with your avy, number of friends online, date and time, there's text scrolling underneath with news from the store.

Or I could be completely wrong Either way, I do remember there being some stuff scrolling along there and it annoyed me so I turned it off.

no thats it

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by harry7890 View Post
    no thats it
    ok cool. I was in a thread someone was asking the exact same thing.

I have had it on for as long as i remember, and never found out how to reactivate or deactivate it. I heard EU model ps3s dont have it set on automatic, or something like that.

ITs ok if you dont have it, as the news isnt that important. The time and date do help most of the time, except when it updates to a totally off time.

Anyway, do you have what you needed? or is your question still unanswered?

An old-fashioned cowboy

Go to the Settings option on the XMB, then scroll down to System Settings, click on it and scroll down to Display [What's New] and make sure it's turned on.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Go to the Settings option on the XMB, then scroll down to System Settings, click on it and scroll down to Display [What's New] and make sure it's turned on.
    I don't think that's it. On older PS3 firmware there was a news ticker to the top-right of screen. That ticker was replaced by the What's New menu items in The XMB.

If you turned off the ticker and upgraded your firmware at any point in the last couple of years, it's not possible to turn it back on. If you left it on, it still displays.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I don't think that's it. On older PS3 firmware there was a news ticker to the top-right of screen. That ticker was replaced by the What's New menu items in The XMB.

If you turned off the ticker and upgraded your firmware at any point in the last couple of years, it's not possible to turn it back on. If you left it on, it still displays.
    Really I had no idea it used to be different. My PS3 is less than 2 years old so it never had that news ticker.

After searching online I found that What's New replaced that news ticker in the 3.0 update back in Sept. 2009.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Really I had no idea it used to be different. My PS3 is less than 2 years old so it never had that news ticker.

After searching online I found that What's New replaced that news ticker in the 3.0 update back in Sept. 2009.
    Yeah that's right. Its was actually a pain in the ass. I turned it off about 2-3 years back. It's been replaced with a better version in my opinion. Now my eyes don't stray to the top right corner just to read nothing worth reading. I'm like a child. Easily distracted.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

T ok I didn't haw my ps3 until 2010 so by that time it would have gone anyway thanks for the replies though

Lvl 5 - Silver

I say just ignore them cause its hard to get rid of them

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nice, i remember this, i had it on too, immediately turned it off. It's a shame you can't turn it back on, but it was kinda annoying.