Tekken Producer to fans: Stop Whinning

This is a discussion on Tekken Producer to fans: Stop Whinning within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; lolz Namco Bandai's chief fighting game producer, Katsuhiro Harada, has had enough of the fans. After drowning in requests to ...

DON'T BLINK

Tekken Producer to fans: Stop Whinning

lolz

Namco Bandai's chief fighting game producer, Katsuhiro Harada, has had enough of the fans. After drowning in requests to revive characters and use original voice actors in the new Tekken, the developer took to Twitter and launched a full-scale assault on gamers. That probably won't help.

"I believe that, before whining and complaining about everything, you need practice at taking a step back and analyzing things objectively. And also at being an adult," said Harada.

He would explain how many voice actors change their sound over the years, and highlights the difficulty in accurately recreating a 16-year-old experience. As reasoned as his arguments are, however, the man seems quite notably agitated.

"I have even compiled the requests of you all spamming me to 'bring back characters' from previous installments. You often say, 'Let's show the dev team how sincere we are by buying 2 copies if they bring back character X,' but did you really go through with it? Expecting you to at least pre-order the game, I was met with more spam, after you apparently didn't notice that Jun and Michelle actually return.

"I still have some characters left to be revealed that comply with some of your requests, even 'Bringing back' several others. Even so, none of them are paid DLC. I will continue to sincerely comply with fan requests. However, I can't continue to engage the negative ones that, without knowing what you are talking about, or even thinking about what you are saying, blindly repeat 'bring back, bring back, bring back ...'

After this lengthy explanation, I will be quite surprised if there are still people who still don't get it.

"Thanks for understanding or not understanding. Whatever."

Ouch. I think someone might be a little bit angry.

But he does need to BRING BACK THAT YOSHIMASTURU-SAN!i!i!
    Tekken producer to fans: stop whining -Destructoid

Kiwi Defender

Props to the man. He raged on the morons while still being polite about it!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I actually read the whole thing and i felt awesome after it, I love Tekken and Harada
    People don't understand that in 16 years many things change, I for once don't any problem with that
    I even love the fact that foe example nor Eddy talks Brazilian Portuguese (not that i like the brazialian portuguese much but it's actually awesome that the character speaks his "native" language)
    To end this, I also love the fact that Harada is giving away characters as DLC for no extra cost, I pre-ordered the game at Zavvi and for that I will get Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu if I'm not mistaken and the other DLC characters I can get for free at a later date

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

much respect for not bowing down to the irate minority

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Retired

I can't stop winning.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would shake this man's hand if I were to meet him! All the whiners seem to want the game tailor-made to THEIR demands, and seem to be incapable of comprehending that it's not always possible for the same actor to voice the same character forever. Props to Harada.

Still, to paraphrase a cliche..... "Whiners gonna whine".

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I wonder who are the other brought back characters he planned on bringing back? Sometimes fan boys just need to shut up and I hope they got the hint
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I wonder who are the other brought back characters he planned on bringing back? Sometimes fan boys just need to shut up and I hope they got the hint
    I was wondering about that also, he already announced Ancient Ogre, Angel, Michelle and Kunimitsu, the only ones that i can think of are Dr. Boskonovitch(?) and Gon even thought this last one is a licensed character and Harada said it would be hard to bring him back

Mr. X

The best characters are still in Tekken anyway. The ones that fall are way are often pretty crap. That said I'd love to see a classic Jin moveset from Tekken 3; although I don't feel the need to harrass the developer for it.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    The best characters are still in Tekken anyway. The ones that fall are way are often pretty crap. That said I'd love to see a classic Jin moveset from Tekken 3; although I don't feel the need to harrass the developer for it.
    Just play as Kazuya, since originally Jin was supposed to be his substitute it's almost the same thing