Results 1 to 7 of 7

HD PVR Queries/help

This is a discussion on HD PVR Queries/help within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Firstly, what happens/ can I use it with a standard definition TV and what will the quality be like? My ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    HD PVR Queries/help

    Firstly, what happens/ can I use it with a standard definition TV and what will the quality be like?

    My SD TV has the old white, red and yellow connection and will that work/ won't work with the PVR?

    If I were to get a new 19inch TV what type would I need for it to be HD? Would I need Full HD or HD ready or good quality SD since the screen is smaller?

    Does the PVR record straight from the consol to PC/Laptop or from TV onto PC/Laptop?

    What are the red, white, and yellow connections on the front of the HD PVR for?
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

  2. #2
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    iToxicityHD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    661
    Reputation
    30

    The quality won't be good. It will be SD because your playing in SD.
    You need an HD connection to record in HD.

    You'll need a TV that supports composite cables (Red, Blue, Green, & Red/White Audio.) or HDMI Cable to have full advantage of the HD PVR.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

    |Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

  3. #3
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    I recommend using the dazzle system. Its actually something you buy at bestbuy

    You plug the ps3 (or what ever) into the dazzle (which is usb into the computer) and use the computer screen as the game visual. Then it records what you see on the screen. It may not be HD, but its clearer than SD.

    There are other things you can do, but this stuff is made for recording.



  4. #4
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    MrCostari's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    255
    Reputation
    1

    I think your main question has been answered, but I use an Aver Media and it's cheaper and easier. It costed me 150 euro and I don't a good laptop/PC for it. The only downside is that I can't use a HDMI cable, I have to use component. But with some settings you get almost the same quality as with HDMI. It records in the about the same quality as the HD PVR, it's only cheaper and easier. All you need is an extern HDD to record on. It records 12 mb per second, or you can choose for 10 mb per second.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I recommend using the dazzle system. Its actually something you buy at bestbuy

    You plug the ps3 (or what ever) into the dazzle (which is usb into the computer) and use the computer screen as the game visual. Then it records what you see on the screen. It may not be HD, but its clearer than SD.

    There are other things you can do, but this stuff is made for recording.
    That's really bad quality, which he doesn't want.

  5. #5
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by MrCostari View Post
    I think your main question has been answered, but I use an Aver Media and it's cheaper and easier. It costed me 150 euro and I don't a good laptop/PC for it. The only downside is that I can't use a HDMI cable, I have to use component. But with some settings you get almost the same quality as with HDMI. It records in the about the same quality as the HD PVR, it's only cheaper and easier. All you need is an extern HDD to record on. It records 12 mb per second, or you can choose for 10 mb per second.




    That's really bad quality, which he doesn't want.
    I've seen people have vid quality tht looks HD but from a SD TV, then I've seen shite quality, so I don't get how that works.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

  6. #6
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    DeaDz29's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lenoir
    Posts
    92
    Reputation
    4

    Since the HD PVR is what I use to record, I'll answer these the best I can.

    "Firstly, what happens/ can I use it with a standard definition TV and what will the quality be like?"

    Nope, unfortunately you cannot use a standard definition TV with the PVR, since the PVR itself uses component cables(Green, Blue, Red video, and Red/White audio) to hookup to the TV.

    "My SD TV has the old white, red and yellow connection and will that work/ won't work with the PVR?"

    Nope, that will not work.

    "If I were to get a new 19inch TV what type would I need for it to be HD? Would I need Full HD or HD ready or good quality SD since the screen is smaller?"

    Any HD TV will work as long as they have the component hookups.

    "Does the PVR record straight from the consol to PC/Laptop or from TV onto PC/Laptop?"

    It records straight to the computer, which is nice IMO.

    "What are the red, white, and yellow connections on the front of the HD PVR for?"

    I use those to record my Wii gameplay since I do not have the Wii component cables, I'm not sure on all of the uses for those.

    Hopefully this helps.

  7. #7
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Manic Ripper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaDz29 View Post
    Since the HD PVR is what I use to record, I'll answer these the best I can.

    "Firstly, what happens/ can I use it with a standard definition TV and what will the quality be like?"

    Nope, unfortunately you cannot use a standard definition TV with the PVR, since the PVR itself uses component cables(Green, Blue, Red video, and Red/White audio) to hookup to the TV.

    "My SD TV has the old white, red and yellow connection and will that work/ won't work with the PVR?"

    Nope, that will not work.

    "If I were to get a new 19inch TV what type would I need for it to be HD? Would I need Full HD or HD ready or good quality SD since the screen is smaller?"

    Any HD TV will work as long as they have the component hookups.

    "Does the PVR record straight from the consol to PC/Laptop or from TV onto PC/Laptop?"

    It records straight to the computer, which is nice IMO.

    "What are the red, white, and yellow connections on the front of the HD PVR for?"

    I use those to record my Wii gameplay since I do not have the Wii component cables, I'm not sure on all of the uses for those.

    Hopefully this helps.
    Thanks man.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

    LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO