Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a discussion on Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Also another fact they'd have to have everyone from the team at the time FFVII was made. Because the WHOLE ...

#hashtag

Also another fact they'd have to have everyone from the team at the time FFVII was made.

Because the WHOLE Staff pitched in at least one idea for the game.

So that could be a problem right there.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    FFVII is nowhere near the best FF ever released to begin with, and the amount of profit they'd gain from a remake is very debatable. How can you know for sure they'll gain enough money to regain all the money they spent on it's production? Making games ain't cheap, specially now, and Square tends to spend too much money on development. Add in the fact that they'd probably develop it for a newer console, making production costs get higher, and they won't risk it, because the chance of it "bringing the money" isn't very plausible.

Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .
    While i whole heartily agree that 7 is hardly the best, I would like to argue on the profitably of releasing the game.

If Square makes any game (whether it be rerelease of 7 or a brand new game) they are going to have to put time and money into making it. The difference is though, they already have the story, character models, music, towns built for 7 so that is already money saved (because they don't need to hired script writers, composers, character designers etc.)

Second whenever you release a game into the market there is a chance it won't sell, but with 7 they are guaranteed sales from the diehards (who would buy the new final fantasy anyways) and they may get back some of the fans they lost. Finally new gamers may be more willing to pick up 7 based off of what they have heard of the game (much like new gamers picked up Ocarina of Time) as opposed to buying the 15th game in a series that they have never played before.

So all in all it is more financially sound to make 7 from scratch than to make a whole new game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Though I enjoy the classic weapon fights the only thing that would make it better to see it remade is by graphics alone but I could not stand it if they remake this game with FF13 fighting engine, it will lose it's individuality thus having a raging fan boyish community crying and bitching

And just for laughs I personally enjoyed 8 a little more than 7 just the concepts attracted me more
    A remake would mean they'd improve the graphics, re-do the character and world models and add voice-acting, not that they'd change the gameplay nor it's mechanics.

You ain't the only one. Many people enjoyed 8 over 7, or 9 over 7, etc. Personally, I didn't really like 8 becuase of the combat system, but it was great otherwise .

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Also Final Fantasy 11 was the most profitable game ever for square enix.
    True, so much that they are releasing a new expansion .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

And if they do wind up making a remake i say they need to keep the music for that game because the music in it is just amazing if they don`t keep it then no point in making a remake we all know every ff has a set of music that makes it unique.

Trophys And Anime

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    While i whole heartily agree that 7 is hardly the best, I would like to argue on the profitably of releasing the game.

If Square makes any game (whether it be rerelease of 7 or a brand new game) they are going to have to put time and money into making it. The difference is though, they already have the story, character models, music, towns built for 7 so that is already money saved (because they don't need to hired script writers, composers, character designers etc.)

Second whenever you release a game into the market there is a chance it won't sell, but with 7 they are guaranteed sales from the diehards (who would buy the new final fantasy anyways) and they may get back some of the fans they lost. Finally new gamers may be more willing to pick up 7 based off of what they have heard of the game (much like new gamers picked up Ocarina of Time) as opposed to buying the 15th game in a series that they have never played before.

So all in all it is more financially sound to make 7 from scratch than to make a whole new game.
    But how many people would buy it? With each passing year, I see more and more FFVII haters than lovers (which was unthinkable 15 years ago, ), and the number of people who own it already and wouldn't buy it again is quite big, too. How can you be so sure it'll sell over x number of copies at release so they gain a profit from the game? While I know that there are surely a lot of people who'd consider buying it, there is no way to know how many will buy it at release, or used or at all, and with FF being a franchice that has been losing a lot of appeal to new audiences every year, the chances of newcomers paying $60 for it are slim.

Suqare would be taking a big risk that could pay off, but that could also not.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

But how many people would buy it? With each passing year, I see more and more FFVII haters than lovers (which was unthinkable 15 years ago, ), and the number of people who own it already and wouldn't buy it again is quite big, too. How can you be so sure it'll sell over x number of copies at release so they gain a profit from the game? While I know that there are surely a lot of people who'd consider buying it, there is no way to know how many will buy it at release, or used or at all, and with FF being a franchice that has been losing a lot of appeal to new audiences every year, the chances of newcomers paying $60 for it are slim.

Suqare would be taking a big risk that could pay off, but that could also not.
    But they are taking a big risk releasing a new game as well. Now I am all for making new games (as anyone who has read my rants on Nintendo should know), but Final Fantasy sales have been dropping and this might be the shot in the arm to get new players interested again.

That 13 year old in Wal Mart is not going to pick up FF13-2, but if they released 7 again he might have heard how awesome 7 is and decided to give it a chance. It is much the same as previously mentioned Ocarina of Time or another example would be Duke Nukem Forever. I don't have sales figures with me but I know at my EBs Duke presold great (it was only after the game came out that people stopped buying it.) People love Nostalgia and especially those gamers who weren't around for the original and would love a chance to get in on that Nostalgia.

The bottom line is who knows if 7 would sell well, but I believe it would sell a lot better than any new Final Fantasy put on the market (and as I previously mentioned the production cost would be cheaper than making a FF from scratch).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Interesting topic. If we are talking about "conditions" for FF 7, i want trophies.

The thing with each FF title is that there is always secrets, cool looking weapons, and that elemental advantage or disadvantage.

If they dont change the good stuff we liked about the old titles, and added more of what we want (more erotic scenes, secrets, and leave the classic game alone) then i am sure the gamers will enjoy it

When i say leave the classic game alone, i really just mean dont change the turn by turn fighting, keep the music, dont add stupid stuff to the story line, etc. There are things that should improve on, and somethings that would ruin the memorable parts of this classic title.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Why does anyone originally involved have to work on it?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    These douche nozzles need to realize that talk of a FF7 remake gets more time, attention, and press than anything they've crapped out under the Final Fantasy moniker, and making it would generate a renewed interest in a franchise that's dying out. They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

There are all of the gamers who loved the original that will buy it, and then there are the gamers out there who were in diapers when FF7 dropped that will buy it. Many of the newcomers will be gamers who wouldn't touch a Final Fantasy game with a 10 foot pole because popular there's a lot of talk out there that FF games are garbage. There are the same few recycled designs for enemies, the males are often too feminine, and the villains wouldn't make a three year old flinch. Let's not forget the cheesy dialogue and weak storyline.

Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!
    Aren't you contradicting yourself by first saying FF games are garbage and then saying they will continue to make good but no great games?

FF is not dying out in the slightest. It's still a huge seller. Just because the American media bitches about it doesn't mean it's true.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Loved the original, but they will never release a remake that pleases all the fans, so screw 'em. Don't make this and make newer games. Just make them better than 13...
    Also,
    Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .
    lol.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Game on....

Is it even technically possible to remake FFVII using today's standard of graphics? FFVII is a big game and i wonder if it could all fit on to one blu-ray disc?

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

I'm gonna have to go with Square Enix on this one I don't want a FF7 remake until they make a Final Fantasy better than it

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I love FFVII the way it is. I dont want a remake or a remaster, sure its not the best FF out there(FF and FF6 are fighting for top spot) but it was my first RPG and I have fond memories the way it is. Personally I wouldnt buy a remake, Square Enix can make a FF that matches FFVII stop trying to over glorify the FF you make. But on a side note Square has made some really kick ass games lately(Deus Ex)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I actually feel they should leave the game alone, I loved it but let it stay a classic and not be categorized as a remake

This right here. I'm afraid it'll lose most of it's charm if they decide to remake it.

Mr. X

Well they bettered it years ago with VIII, IX, X and XII so maybe they should just get on with it. Or maybe they should just remake IX and not waste time on an over-hyped game (VII is still fantastic).

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Legend...Nuff Said

I'd rather see a remake of FF3 before 7.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post

I really hope you mean Final Fantasy 6

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Is it even technically possible to remake FFVII using today's standard of graphics? FFVII is a big game and i wonder if it could all fit on to one blu-ray disc?
    They could always do it with two or three Blu-rays anyway, so people can say "It's just like with the original one11!"

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    But on a side note Square has made some really kick ass games lately(Deus Ex)
    Eidos did that, Square just published it. Same thing with Batman Arkham Asylum/City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    You do mean VI, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    When i say leave the classic game alone, i really just mean dont change the turn by turn fighting, keep the music, dont add stupid stuff to the story line, etc. There are things that should improve on, and somethings that would ruin the memorable parts of this classic title.
    Improving something could also ruin the memorable parts of the game (alongside it's charm). It wouldn't be the same to hear Cloud, Sephiroth and all the others talk, not to mention that'd mean we wouldn't have all those typos and badly-translated sentences.

Also, thanks to Crisis Core, they'd probably add some things to the story, like Genesis appearing infront of Zack and Sephiroth at the reactor core.

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

My friend dropped this on me a few days ago. I really think Wada is trying to play both sides, and in the end isn't really getting anybody behind him with his statements. You're just going to piss off the FF7 people who want it, who think that nothing can surpass it ever, and a large majority believe that at least one of the sequels has surpassed it, who aren't still weaning on Tifa's digital boobs, or still crying about how overly emotional and impactful Aeris's death was.

I don't think the questioning is going to stop anytime soon, and eventually Square Enix is going to crack - and it's going to underwhelming because people let their expectations get away from them, and hype the hell out of everything. I think at this point, it's just a matter of time because it seems the best way to get things you want is to bitch, piss, and moan as loud and often as you want until it comes your way (Hi! Mass Effect 3's recent DLC!), so I expect the criers instead of the buyers to dictate when this happens.

We'll see how the sales turn out on the PC re-release, which I expect to be less than spectacular and see the Final Fantasy VII elitists jump out and claim, "It's PC gamers don't like Final Fantasy and they missed their target audience!" or "I'm gonna wait until a real remake" or "My PC can only play Farmville!" whatever else excuse they will come up with when it sells far less than expected, instead of actually spending money on the title and letting the mighty dollar speak for you.

I'm indifferent at this point, but the so-called fans or people who claim to love a part of the series are becoming worse than ever in their divisiveness and inability to put their own precious opinion on the back burner long enough to realize that people have different tastes, and that your flaming another game to them isn't going to change that and that instead of shouting how this one, or that one, is the best - just realize that what people end up out of Final Fantasy is a different as each game in the series, and that tearing out each other's throats over why your opinion is more valid than the next persons is just a vicious circle of idiocy that makes all fans look bad.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Revelations 19:16

Thats crap. Come on, they've already had what? 5 Spin offs of FF7 including the CGI Advent Children? REMAKE THE F'N GAME ALREADY!!!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast