Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a discussion on Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar Doesn't matter, Tidus was still more badass than Terra (as impressive as that may sound), plus ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Doesn't matter, Tidus was still more badass than Terra (as impressive as that may sound), plus he played Blitzball. And Auron was more badass than VI's whole cast (Kefka included).

We need a new tiebreaker, then:

VI's graphics:

X's graphics:

Another victory for FFX !
    i disagree with the way you both are giving the different games points.

I think when VI came out, it was advanced for its time, same as X
    The FF games didnt have mini games in them before VII. So if 6 had mini games, and better graphics, it would have won. Just because it was a 2bit game doesnt mean it was worst (comparing the graphics is a cheap shot).

As far as characters being badass, you need to compare the storylines. In X, Auron is a old fighter that was around a whole lifetime, so thats why he is such a powerful character. If we are comparing him to a mortal yeti (or what ever that thing is), then clearly its unfair.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    No Dice on graphics. Not a far comparison because the PS2 is, I don't know, a billion times more powerful than the SNES.

Besides, Auron is not more badass than the Nina.

It's not fair comparing the abominable snowman with Khimari the lame, so?

And the Ninja can suck Auron's sword. We all know who'd get owned in a battle .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Lol @ you guys!

It's pretty sad that I've never played FF VI and X, but we all know FF VII is the best because it has Sephiroth.

On topic: I wouldn't mind a FF VII remake with better graphics.
    Sig by Ramon

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Hey, no one gives FFXII or FF8 any love for that matter! In my opinion, FFXII was one of the best and FF8 kept it real with a tear-jerker of a story. I do not see the fuss over the difference between 3 or 6 (but yes, I never had the chance to play them yet, except 7-13). Either way, I am up for a FFVII remake but I would rather they take their sweet time and make it as awesome as possible. Square Enix, make it happen; trust me, a modern-gen FFVII is going to be an even bigger blockbuster than Call of Duty. It is that good. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    i disagree with the way you both are giving the different games points.

I think when VI came out, it was advanced for its time, same as X
    The FF games didnt have mini games in them before VII. So if 6 had mini games, and better graphics, it would have won. Just because it was a 2bit game doesnt mean it was worst (comparing the graphics is a cheap shot).

As far as characters being badass, you need to compare the storylines. In X, Auron is a old fighter that was around a whole lifetime, so thats why he is such a powerful character. If we are comparing him to a mortal yeti (or what ever that thing is), then clearly its unfair.
    Um me and Nag are just having a laugh, so we are all good here.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Um me and Nag are just having a laugh, so we are all good here.
    Good you posted this. I thought you had a counter-argument for my counter-argument for someone else's counter-argument, and I was beginning to realize I had ran out of stupid counter-arguments to give .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platinum Procrastinator

Good you posted this. I thought you had a counter-argument for my counter-argument for someone else's counter-argument, and I was beginning to realize I had ran out of stupid counter-arguments to give .
    Ignore his post Mayus and strike now. Even though you're normally my forum arch nemesis, Nag currently takes precedent over yourself so like the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Ignore his post Mayus and strike now. Even though you're normally my forum arch nemesis, Nag currently takes precedent over yourself so like the saying goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    You're right Denara. Take this Nag

For X you have cosplayers being like "15 is almost legal".

But for VI, cosplayers are like "fuck that, I can be even creepier here is my sexy cosplay of a 10 year old"

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You're right Denara. Take this Nag

For X you have cosplayers being like "15 is almost legal".

Toggle Spoiler

But for VI, cosplayers are like "fuck that, I can be even creepier here is my sexy cosplay of a 10 year old"

Toggle Spoiler

Seems you've taken a little too much Satrun Cofee . But worry not, I know how to counter this:

Seems you've gotten yourself a new master, eh ?

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would like a remake of FF VII only because I never got to finish it, my bros friend always used to say it was the best...

But my bro always loved VIII, so did I because I practically watched him play all of it... But I really liked IX(because of how much I liked VIII) and X(awesome graphics) mainly because I bought them myself and wanted to play through them.. So it's personal opinion really...

I think squaresoft used to be a better company, and along with ideal conditions(1st for ps1, not a lot of other rpgs on the market, cutscenes being awesome) it made FFVII the best selling game... Can they ever reproduce a hit as big? I think they would have by now... And what people are wanting out of a remake is the excitedness of a great game, not necessarily the same one... They have been beating a dead horse with every FF out there... People want new rather than old, I'd say ditch the "Final Fantasy" name all together, put all your resources into something new and amazing, to the point of where if it fails the company is dead.. if it succeeds then you will be back on top...

Would FFVII sell? yea it would... Would they be admitting defeat? yea, I would lose what little respect for them I still have.

Lvl 5 - Silver

they know that NONE AND I DO MEAN NONE of the new Final Fantasy games will ever surpassed the sales of FFVII and that's why they won't remake it

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    I would like a remake of FF VII only because I never got to finish it, my bros friend always used to say it was the best...

But my bro always loved VIII, so did I because I practically watched him play all of it... But I really liked IX(because of how much I liked VIII) and X(awesome graphics) mainly because I bought them myself and wanted to play through them.. So it's personal opinion really...

I think squaresoft used to be a better company, and along with ideal conditions(1st for ps1, not a lot of other rpgs on the market, cutscenes being awesome) it made FFVII the best selling game... Can they ever reproduce a hit as big? I think they would have by now... And what people are wanting out of a remake is the excitedness of a great game, not necessarily the same one... They have been beating a dead horse with every FF out there... People want new rather than old, I'd say ditch the "Final Fantasy" name all together, put all your resources into something new and amazing, to the point of where if it fails the company is dead.. if it succeeds then you will be back on top...

Would FFVII sell? yea it would... Would they be admitting defeat? yea, I would lose what little respect for them I still have.
    FFXIII was a big hit for Square. Just because the western gaming media didn't like it doesn't mean it failed. It's the 11th best-selling game on the PS3, ahead of 'money makers' like some of the COD games and RE5.

List of best-selling video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

The game that truly deserves a remake is Final Fantasy VI.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    You will get no argument from me...Nag on the other hand

Lvl 8 - Gold

Seems you've taken a little too much Satrun Cofee . But worry not, I know how to counter this:

Seems you've gotten yourself a new master, eh ?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    FFXIII was a big hit for Square. Just because the western gaming media didn't like it doesn't mean it failed. It's the 11th best-selling game on the PS3, ahead of 'money makers' like some of the COD games and RE5.

List of best-selling video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Don't forget the 360 sales. While not as many as the PS3 ones, it still sold many copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No, it's FF. I want to kick Garland's and Chaos' ass with 4 White Mages on HD.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

FFVII is the most over rated FF game ever.... and most people demanding a remake v... it was most likely their first FF experience... I'd rather play 4 and 6

Platinum Procrastinator

No, it's FF. I want to kick Garland's and Chaos' ass with 4 White Mages on HD.
    You have to be lucky and get pass Warmech first on your way to Tiamat and hope he doesn't rape the corpse of all four White Mages. Because honestly, if you run into him, you don't have much of a chance.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234