Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a discussion on Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Saw something about this earlier...somewhere, but I forgot to get it posted. But I was reminded by a video from ...

Nope, nothing

Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

Saw something about this earlier...somewhere, but I forgot to get it posted. But I was reminded by a video from IGN

So we're not going to see a Final Fantasy VII remake until the developers feel that they've made a game that's considered better than the famous classic And I actually like that.

I just see that as meaning they're going to try their hardest to make future titles awesome, that is if they actually want to bring FF7 to the current consoles.

Roll on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and lets hope it's better then 7

Resident PHD

Let's just tell them their next game is better so they can remake VII (or better yet 6 )

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Let's just tell them their next game is better so they can remake VII (or better yet 6 )
    I was thinking the same exact thing.
    Damn, it's like you read my mind.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Kiwi Defender

Oh yeah, I saw an article yesterday about it. It's funny because the game has been surpassed at least twice already lol. Also, they also mentioned that releasing a remake right now would kill the franchice, and that's actually true. If they released a remake right now, everyone would ask for a remake of another FF, essentially stalling the franchice and rendering it useless.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Deathly Rhythm

Really the reason why Square don't want to make a FF7 remake because the best guys at Square are busy right now, it might not release until probably next consoles
    Last edited by kratos06; 06-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 7 - Gold

Peas and rice man. I just want Versus 13 to come out. When they released FF 20, then they can re-release the first 10 in HD or whatever.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Really the reason why Square don't want to make a FF13 remake because the best guys at Square are busy right now, it might not release until probably next consoles
    I assume you mean FFVII, and with their best guys, I assume you mean Nomura's team (the ones behind FFvXIII), right? If that's the case, I don't think they'd work on a remake for this console or the next, but instead they would work on some new KH game. Nomura is someone who likes to work on future products, afterall. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in remaking something.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I assume you mean FFVII, and with their best guys, I assume you mean Nomura's team (the ones behind FFvXIII), right? If that's the case, I don't think they'd work on a remake for this console or the next, but instead they would work on some new KH game. Nomura is someone who likes to work on future products, afterall. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in remaking something.
    sorry, I meant FF7 lol
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I actually feel they should leave the game alone, I loved it but let it stay a classic and not be categorized as a remake
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

That Southern B****

Well at least we have a reason behind their refusal and one we can understand well.

Alright, SE, bring on Versus then!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I actually feel they should leave the game alone, I loved it but let it stay a classic and not be categorized as a remake
    I agree. I like it the way it is.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    So we're not going to see a Final Fantasy VII remake until the developers feel that they've made a game that's considered better than the famous classic
    No Remake ever confirmed

Lvl 7 - Gold

These douche nozzles need to realize that talk of a FF7 remake gets more time, attention, and press than anything they've crapped out under the Final Fantasy moniker, and making it would generate a renewed interest in a franchise that's dying out. They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

There are all of the gamers who loved the original that will buy it, and then there are the gamers out there who were in diapers when FF7 dropped that will buy it. Many of the newcomers will be gamers who wouldn't touch a Final Fantasy game with a 10 foot pole because popular there's a lot of talk out there that FF games are garbage. There are the same few recycled designs for enemies, the males are often too feminine, and the villains wouldn't make a three year old flinch. Let's not forget the cheesy dialogue and weak storyline.

Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    These douche nozzles need to realize that talk of a FF7 remake gets more time, attention, and press than anything they've crapped out under the Final Fantasy moniker, and making it would generate a renewed interest in a franchise that's dying out. They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

There are all of the gamers who loved the original that will buy it, and then there are the gamers out there who were in diapers when FF7 dropped that will buy it. Many of the newcomers will be gamers who wouldn't touch a Final Fantasy game with a 10 foot pole because popular there's a lot of talk out there that FF games are garbage. There are the same few recycled designs for enemies, the males are often too feminine, and the villains wouldn't make a three year old flinch. Let's not forget the cheesy dialogue and weak storyline.

Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!
    tl;dr LOLOLOLOLOL

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

FFVII is nowhere near the best FF ever released to begin with, and the amount of profit they'd gain from a remake is very debatable. How can you know for sure they'll gain enough money to regain all the money they spent on it's production? Making games ain't cheap, specially now, and Square tends to spend too much money on development. Add in the fact that they'd probably develop it for a newer console, making production costs get higher, and they won't risk it, because the chance of it "bringing the money" isn't very plausible.

Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

if they remake ff7 i will play it nonstop there is so much to do even when you beat the game such as killing the weapons which i have did over and over because they are fun to fight, also it will be great since they will place trophy support in it and also enhanced graphics even though i like it the way it is now, if many of you did not know they have a ff7 for pc called ff7 ultimate edition which has somewhat better graphics go check it out on youtube.

Trophys And Anime

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

FFVII is nowhere near the best FF ever released to begin with, and the amount of profit they'd gain from a remake is very debatable. How can you know for sure they'll gain enough money to regain all the money they spent on it's production? Making games ain't cheap, specially now, and Square tends to spend too much money on development. Add in the fact that they'd probably develop it for a newer console, making production costs get higher, and they won't risk it, because the chance of it "bringing the money" isn't very plausible.

Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .
    Also Final Fantasy 11 was the most profitable game ever for square enix.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by brandonk276 View Post
    if they remake ff7 i will play it nonstop there is so much to do even when you beat the game such as killing the weapons which i have did over and over because they are fun to fight, also it will be great since they will place trophy support in it and also enhanced graphics even though i like it the way it is now, if many of you did not know they have a ff7 for pc called ff7 ultimate edition which has somewhat better graphics go check it out on youtube.
    Though I enjoy the classic weapon fights the only thing that would make it better to see it remade is by graphics alone but I could not stand it if they remake this game with FF13 fighting engine, it will lose it's individuality thus having a raging fan boyish community crying and bitching

And just for laughs I personally enjoyed 8 a little more than 7 just the concepts attracted me more
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Agreed FF13 they messsed up on big time it ruined the whole concept of how a ff game should be played the fighting system on ff13 is ridiculous smh

Trophys And Anime

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How I see things is that Square-Enix will never make a FFVII remake. It is something that is in high demand but with the risk involved and money it will take isn't worth it to them. I am a huge FFVII fan but personally I can play FFVII anytime and anywhere I want to. I have a Vita and soon I will be able to play it on that. As well as having it downloaded on my ps3. I would enjoy a remake with trophy support and hd graphics but personally it's something that won't happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast