Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a discussion on Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Saw something about this earlier...somewhere, but I forgot to get it posted. But I was reminded by a video from ...

  1. #1
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Conditions for a Final Fantasy VII Remake

    Saw something about this earlier...somewhere, but I forgot to get it posted. But I was reminded by a video from IGN


    So we're not going to see a Final Fantasy VII remake until the developers feel that they've made a game that's considered better than the famous classic And I actually like that.

    I just see that as meaning they're going to try their hardest to make future titles awesome, that is if they actually want to bring FF7 to the current consoles.

    Roll on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and lets hope it's better then 7

  2. #2
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Let's just tell them their next game is better so they can remake VII (or better yet 6 )

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  3. #3
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    iToxicityHD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    661
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Let's just tell them their next game is better so they can remake VII (or better yet 6 )
    I was thinking the same exact thing.
    Damn, it's like you read my mind.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

    |Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

  4. #4
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Oh yeah, I saw an article yesterday about it. It's funny because the game has been surpassed at least twice already lol. Also, they also mentioned that releasing a remake right now would kill the franchice, and that's actually true. If they released a remake right now, everyone would ask for a remake of another FF, essentially stalling the franchice and rendering it useless.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  5. #5
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    Really the reason why Square don't want to make a FF7 remake because the best guys at Square are busy right now, it might not release until probably next consoles
    Last edited by kratos06; 06-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  6. #6
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    grayghost's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WAAAAAY over there
    Posts
    703
    Reputation
    31

    Peas and rice man. I just want Versus 13 to come out. When they released FF 20, then they can re-release the first 10 in HD or whatever.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247


  7. #7
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Really the reason why Square don't want to make a FF13 remake because the best guys at Square are busy right now, it might not release until probably next consoles
    I assume you mean FFVII, and with their best guys, I assume you mean Nomura's team (the ones behind FFvXIII), right? If that's the case, I don't think they'd work on a remake for this console or the next, but instead they would work on some new KH game. Nomura is someone who likes to work on future products, afterall. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in remaking something.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  8. #8
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I assume you mean FFVII, and with their best guys, I assume you mean Nomura's team (the ones behind FFvXIII), right? If that's the case, I don't think they'd work on a remake for this console or the next, but instead they would work on some new KH game. Nomura is someone who likes to work on future products, afterall. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in remaking something.
    sorry, I meant FF7 lol
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  9. #9
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    I actually feel they should leave the game alone, I loved it but let it stay a classic and not be categorized as a remake
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  10. #10
    That Southern B****
    Coug's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    504
    Reputation
    41

    Well at least we have a reason behind their refusal and one we can understand well.

    Alright, SE, bring on Versus then!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

    Epic Banner by Fawst <3

    Toggle Spoiler



  11. #11
    PRO Member
    daftprophet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,593
    Reputation
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I actually feel they should leave the game alone, I loved it but let it stay a classic and not be categorized as a remake
    I agree. I like it the way it is.






    |
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

    |Avy - Animals As Leaders|




  12. #12
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    So we're not going to see a Final Fantasy VII remake until the developers feel that they've made a game that's considered better than the famous classic
    No Remake ever confirmed

  13. #13
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    These douche nozzles need to realize that talk of a FF7 remake gets more time, attention, and press than anything they've crapped out under the Final Fantasy moniker, and making it would generate a renewed interest in a franchise that's dying out. They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

    There are all of the gamers who loved the original that will buy it, and then there are the gamers out there who were in diapers when FF7 dropped that will buy it. Many of the newcomers will be gamers who wouldn't touch a Final Fantasy game with a 10 foot pole because popular there's a lot of talk out there that FF games are garbage. There are the same few recycled designs for enemies, the males are often too feminine, and the villains wouldn't make a three year old flinch. Let's not forget the cheesy dialogue and weak storyline.

    Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  14. #14
    #hashtag
    Ramonalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nani
    Posts
    384
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    These douche nozzles need to realize that talk of a FF7 remake gets more time, attention, and press than anything they've crapped out under the Final Fantasy moniker, and making it would generate a renewed interest in a franchise that's dying out. They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

    There are all of the gamers who loved the original that will buy it, and then there are the gamers out there who were in diapers when FF7 dropped that will buy it. Many of the newcomers will be gamers who wouldn't touch a Final Fantasy game with a 10 foot pole because popular there's a lot of talk out there that FF games are garbage. There are the same few recycled designs for enemies, the males are often too feminine, and the villains wouldn't make a three year old flinch. Let's not forget the cheesy dialogue and weak storyline.

    Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!
    tl;dr LOLOLOLOLOL










  15. #15
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    They will not make anything that touches the success FF7 has found, and they know that. Now they need to realize that the re-make is what's going to bring in the money.

    Rather than do the remake, make a crap ton of money, and challenge yourselves to match what you've just (re)created, you will continue to shit out good but not great games and not tap into the mega market of the FF7 fanbase. Great logic, Square-Enix!

    FFVII is nowhere near the best FF ever released to begin with, and the amount of profit they'd gain from a remake is very debatable. How can you know for sure they'll gain enough money to regain all the money they spent on it's production? Making games ain't cheap, specially now, and Square tends to spend too much money on development. Add in the fact that they'd probably develop it for a newer console, making production costs get higher, and they won't risk it, because the chance of it "bringing the money" isn't very plausible.

    Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  16. #16
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    brandonk276's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    133
    Reputation
    1

    if they remake ff7 i will play it nonstop there is so much to do even when you beat the game such as killing the weapons which i have did over and over because they are fun to fight, also it will be great since they will place trophy support in it and also enhanced graphics even though i like it the way it is now, if many of you did not know they have a ff7 for pc called ff7 ultimate edition which has somewhat better graphics go check it out on youtube.


    Trophys And Anime

  17. #17
    #hashtag
    Ramonalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nani
    Posts
    384
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

    FFVII is nowhere near the best FF ever released to begin with, and the amount of profit they'd gain from a remake is very debatable. How can you know for sure they'll gain enough money to regain all the money they spent on it's production? Making games ain't cheap, specially now, and Square tends to spend too much money on development. Add in the fact that they'd probably develop it for a newer console, making production costs get higher, and they won't risk it, because the chance of it "bringing the money" isn't very plausible.

    Not every game they release is shit, you know? If you actually played them instead of fapping to Tifa you might find it out someday .
    Also Final Fantasy 11 was the most profitable game ever for square enix.










  18. #18
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonk276 View Post
    if they remake ff7 i will play it nonstop there is so much to do even when you beat the game such as killing the weapons which i have did over and over because they are fun to fight, also it will be great since they will place trophy support in it and also enhanced graphics even though i like it the way it is now, if many of you did not know they have a ff7 for pc called ff7 ultimate edition which has somewhat better graphics go check it out on youtube.
    Though I enjoy the classic weapon fights the only thing that would make it better to see it remade is by graphics alone but I could not stand it if they remake this game with FF13 fighting engine, it will lose it's individuality thus having a raging fan boyish community crying and bitching

    And just for laughs I personally enjoyed 8 a little more than 7 just the concepts attracted me more
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


  19. #19
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    brandonk276's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    133
    Reputation
    1

    Agreed FF13 they messsed up on big time it ruined the whole concept of how a ff game should be played the fighting system on ff13 is ridiculous smh


    Trophys And Anime

  20. #20
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hamilton ON
    Posts
    179
    Reputation
    4

    How I see things is that Square-Enix will never make a FFVII remake. It is something that is in high demand but with the risk involved and money it will take isn't worth it to them. I am a huge FFVII fan but personally I can play FFVII anytime and anywhere I want to. I have a Vita and soon I will be able to play it on that. As well as having it downloaded on my ps3. I would enjoy a remake with trophy support and hd graphics but personally it's something that won't happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO