Replacing Harddrive on ps3 help

This is a discussion on Replacing Harddrive on ps3 help within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Right guys i am fed up of my playstation telling me there isnt enough space on the hard disk whenever ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Replacing Harddrive on ps3 help

Right guys i am fed up of my playstation telling me there isnt enough space on the hard disk whenever i download full games onto my ps3

i have
    Dante's inferno
    Little big planet
    Darksiders
    Little big planet 2
    Csi: fatal conspiracy
    and infamous festival of blood

but because of my limited 80GB ps3 system i can only have 2 of them on my ps3 at a time which is a real bug bear when you just crave a 5 minute session of the game that you have had to delete to make way for another one ...

so can any of you recommend a good hard drive replacement ... i have seen a 500GB one that seems quite good its a "seagate momentus 500GB SATA 2.5 inch internal hard drive OEM 5400RPM 8MB cache"

so if any of you can recommend an equally good hard drive that i can use to increase my disk space that would be muchly appreciated

oh and can you back your ps3 up onto your ps3 or is it better to use an external USB storage device?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I replaced my 160GB Hard Drive with a "Western Digital - Scorpio Blue 1TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive" last month and I bought it from Best Buy for $99.99.