Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playstation wins most awards at E3

This is a discussion on Playstation wins most awards at E3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Courtesy of the Playstation Blog Best of E3 2012: PlayStation Sweeps the Game Critics Awards – PlayStation Blog Best ...

Resident PHD

Playstation wins most awards at E3

Courtesy of the Playstation Blog

Best of E3 2012: PlayStation Sweeps the Game Critics Awards – PlayStation Blog

Best of Show
    The Last of Us
    (Naughty Dog/SCEA for PlayStation 3)

Best Original Game
    The Last of Us

Best Console Game
    The Last of Us

Best Action/Adventure Game
    The Last of Us

Special Commendation for Sound
    The Last of Us

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
    Sound Shapes
    (Queasy Games/SCEA for PSVita, PS3)

Best Downloadable Game
    Unfinished Swan
    (Giant Sparrow/SCEA for PlayStation 3)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

its moments like these that im glad to be a playstation fan(boy).

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Synthwave <3

Wow, The Last of Us really ran away with the awards didn't it? The Unfinished Swan looks very interesting to me, definitely one of my kind of games!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

The One and Only

Don't be surprised everyone, we all saw this coming, since it's the PS3 and PS Vita we're talking about under Sony.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Don't be surprised everyone, we all saw this coming, since it's the PS3 and PS Vita we're talking about under Sony.
    i honestly thought more was going to the new tomb raider game. seemed like alot of sites were pulling for that game

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

40oz to freedom

B-B-But nintendo has the wii u remember?!1! and stuff!

Oh yeah? well playstation network got hacked!!!11!

So yea

Did I do it right?

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post
    B-B-But nintendo has the wii u remember?!1! and stuff!

Oh yeah? well playstation network got hacked!!!11!

So yea

Did I do it right?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

The last us anothe master piece from ND

illegal in 9 countries

But that's only 3 games. All other games sucked cos they're holding back the good stuff for the Wii U.

Everyone knows that's just Drake with a beard. Fungus zombies...how original. Nature done it first, right after Nintendo created the universe. Creating life, that's how you do innovation and creativity.

Pikmin 3 (not a sequel, a side-grade) on the totally innovative, not a PSP rip-off and originally-named "iPad"...I mean "Gamepad" is easily the readers choice award of everyone of the people I asked when I was there. Well....it was just me in my bedroom, but I am the voice of video gaming and critics are paid for their opinions so they mean nothin.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Courtesy of the Playstation Blog

Best of E3 2012: PlayStation Sweeps the Game Critics Awards – PlayStation Blog

Best of Show
    The Last of Us

Best Original Game
    The Last of Us

Best Console Game
    The Last of Us

Best Action/Adventure Game
    The Last of Us

Special Commendation for Sound
    The Last of Us

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
    Sound Shapes
    (Queasy Games/SCEA for PSVita, PS3)

Best Downloadable Game
    Unfinished Swan
    (Giant Sparrow/SCEA for PlayStation 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    its moments like these that im glad to be a playstation fan(boy).
    I agree. Although i dont consider myself a fanboy

This just makes me want to say "finally". I always felt PS3 was better than... the competition.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Not surprising, but then again, these are just critics choices. Frankly put it, I don't REALLY care for IGN's, GameTrailers', Gamespot's, etc, opinions on this stuff because I know what is appealing to me and I don't need a media outlet to tell me what I'm supposed to like.

The Last of Us WAS truly astounding, though I was mostly impressed with it because of how real the AI was. The fungus-inspired post-apocalypse setting has been done before and is somewhat stale, and the gameplay seems to be extremely short of revolutionary, but goddamit, it was an impressive demo.

Now, that said, the fact that it gets this much recognition from critics is sorta whatever. As much as I hate critics, they're the people who tell us to go out and see a movie, or buy a game. I'd be willing to bet that most of you at least check IGN's review of a game before you go out and buy it, let alone look at our own site's review of it, and that's some serious power. Just by handing out these "Best of E3 Awards" The Last of Us just got its sales boosted by like 1,000,000 copies. Now that's power.

By the way, that is not the full list of accolades written above. All of the awards can be found here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...announced.aspx

So in reality, The Last of Us technically took home the most awards (by a slim margin), but Playstation and/or Mayus up there decided to not share the whole story.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Retired

Where are the hater-... I mean PS360

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    I am sure he will be along shortly to give us his wisdom about all things Nintendo.

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

WOW Go Playstation lol. Thats awesome

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 7 - Gold

wow the last of us got alot of awards

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    What do you mean? PS360's hacked two accounts in this thread already to post anonymously about the glory of Nintendo and how sucky the seriously fucking awesome The Last Of Us is going to be.

Looks like a bumper crop this year. Who was the idiot who said innovation in gaming was dead and graphics don't matter? Oh, that's right...

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    By the way, that is not the full list of accolades written above. All of the awards can be found here: E3 Game Critics Award Winners Announced - News - www.GameInformer.com

So in reality, The Last of Us technically took home the most awards (by a slim margin), but Playstation and/or Mayus up there decided to not share the whole story.
    Um, I just posted a thread from the PS Blog. I never once stated that those were all the awards, only that as a company Sony took home the most awards. So there was no truth bending being done whatsoever. Nice try though Jacko.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I cannot wait any longer for The Last of Us. The only gameplay we have seen are the people. Just wait until the infected get thrown into the mix

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not surprising, but then again, these are just critics choices. Frankly put it, I don't REALLY care for IGN's, GameTrailers', Gamespot's, etc, opinions on this stuff because I know what is appealing to me and I don't need a media outlet to tell me what I'm supposed to like. The Last of Us WAS truly astounding, though I was mostly impressed with it because of how real the AI was. The fungus-inspired post-apocalypse setting has been done before and is somewhat stale, and the gameplay seems to be extremely short of revolutionary, but goddamit, it was an impressive demo. Now, that said, the fact that it gets this much recognition from critics is sorta whatever. As much as I hate critics, they're the people who tell us to go out and see a movie, or buy a game. I'd be willing to bet that most of you at least check IGN's review of a game before you go out and buy it, let alone look at our own site's review of it, and that's some serious power. Just by handing out these "Best of E3 Awards" The Last of Us just got its sales boosted by like 1,000,000 copies. Now that's power. By the way, that is not the full list of accolades written above. All of the awards can be found here: E3 Game Critics Award Winners Announced - News - www.GameInformer.com So in reality, The Last of Us technically took home the most awards (by a slim margin), but Playstation and/or Mayus up there decided to not share the whole story.
    The Last of Us took home the most awards by a large margin,more than twice as many as the others,how is that a slim margin.

Legend...Nuff Said

Not surprising, but then again, these are just critics choices. Frankly put it, I don't REALLY care for IGN's, GameTrailers', Gamespot's, etc, opinions on this stuff because I know what is appealing to me and I don't need a media outlet to tell me what I'm supposed to like.

The Last of Us WAS truly astounding, though I was mostly impressed with it because of how real the AI was. The fungus-inspired post-apocalypse setting has been done before and is somewhat stale, and the gameplay seems to be extremely short of revolutionary, but goddamit, it was an impressive demo.

Now, that said, the fact that it gets this much recognition from critics is sorta whatever. As much as I hate critics, they're the people who tell us to go out and see a movie, or buy a game. I'd be willing to bet that most of you at least check IGN's review of a game before you go out and buy it, let alone look at our own site's review of it, and that's some serious power. Just by handing out these "Best of E3 Awards" The Last of Us just got its sales boosted by like 1,000,000 copies. Now that's power.

By the way, that is not the full list of accolades written above. All of the awards can be found here: E3 Game Critics Award Winners Announced - News - www.GameInformer.com

I don't even go to IGN at all, let along read any of their reviews. They have no journalistic integrity even though they call themselves the ultimate game site.

The Last of Us was an impressive demo, especially the ending when I watched it live on PSN. That said it is just a demo but I'm hoping the AI is super good and actually reacts the way it did in the demo.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast