Results 1 to 12 of 12

Alpha Omega Sin Rant On Idea To Remake Final Fantasy 7 (youtube vid inside)

This is a discussion on Alpha Omega Sin Rant On Idea To Remake Final Fantasy 7 (youtube vid inside) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; First off i made this in a new thread because it covers many ideas and game titles. It has a ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Alpha Omega Sin Rant On Idea To Remake Final Fantasy 7 (youtube vid inside)



    First off i made this in a new thread because it covers many ideas and game titles. It has a similarity of topic with the thread on Remaking Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts 3, but it also covers other ideas.

    ANYWAY, let me give you a concentrated idea of the video if you dont want to watch it:

    Final Fantasy 7 came out in 1997, release for the PS1, and everyone knew about it. Even if you didnt own a ps1, you would want to go get one just to play this game.

    Backtracking to "back then", no body had an idea that games could look like this. It looked like a blockbuster movie, and raised the bar (the gaming community can agree this title sparked radical changes).

    For many gamers, this was their first game. Their first rpg! FF7 is a big deal in gamer history! They did they move to PS1 at the perfect moment, and Sony even backed up their game, giving ads that bashed the cartridge style games. This made history for every single person even remotely interested in video games, and made Playstation successful from the start, continuing for years. ( i remember when nintedo was the only name out there, as the other systems were forgotten, then for a few years after this, nintendo went into hiding, excluding the gameboy handheld)

    So recently there was a share holders meeting, and FF7 came up in the topics. A higher up came out and gave his reasoning "why there isnt a remake and the requirements for how it would be possible.

    According to him and square enix, the games that came out after 7 DID NOT exceeded the quality that went into 7. The only way they would remake 7 is to have a newer FF that is better (or sells more). They are literally saying they want one that has the same booming success.

    Alpha Omega Sin's guess: They want people to go out and buy the newer FF games. If that happened, the newer games would have sold similar #s, which would fit the requirement that its a "booming success"

    Obviously thats kind of dumb, as people buy games because the game is good or fun to play. Not because you want a remake of a classic.
    Sometimes you hit a peak, which you cannot out do. If any series gave up because none of them sold as much, they would be stupid. Examples are Nintendo's Mario series, the Resident Evil series, etc. If they gave up because they didnt get the same numbers, they wouldnt be around today. instead, they made more of what the fans wanted, and they each have a strong following to this day.

    They took a huge risk doing this stunt, because they are not the same company they were in the 90s. Not only that, but more companies sprung up since then. With different types of rpgs, adventures, series, etc they are no longer the "only choice". Omega goes on to list many games that square made after FF7, which were all popular and at the time made them look unstoppable.

    The really stupid thing is there is no garuentee. Its a vague promise with vague words. AN empty promise, dangling over some very loyal fans.
    Then what about Kingdom Hearts 3? It was supposed to be a launch title, and yet still no word on that one. Is it going to be for PS4? Dick move.

    Again, the loyal fans sit and wait patiently for these things, and every time you disappoint, we all die a-little inside. I used to put Square soft on a pedestal, because they had the best stuff for the longest time. But slowly, everyone is losing interest in them. Even (sorry for going back) when FInal Fantasy 13 came out, people bought it because it was the newest Final fantasy. Through the bad reviews and horrible game play, i still went through it, until i lost interest completely.

    I still have faith in Square Enix to this day, but the longer they take to give the gamers what they want, the more time their name will sink into nothingness and other companies can move in on the fans. If they are really such money grubbers, then why dont they see their sales dropping.



  2. #2
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    You should just post this in the http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...ii-remake.html thread to keep the discussion in one place it only mentions KH3 for a minute or so.

    Good video though

  3. #3
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    0

    I both agree with you but mostly agree with Square in this one. I agree with you since square enix should comply with their fans on what they deserve and wants since many gamers started playing FF7. nd as you said, square enix fans will move to other companies which is a battle for everyone. After all, FF7 is really popular worldwide gamers and non-gamers alike(just an opinion and experienced). Heck When I say Final Fantasy series you know to non-gamers, they will only know 7 being is that of the Cloud guy wielding very big sword. and Sephiroth being long hair with a very long katana.

    I somewhat agree with Square Enix with not having remake for the mean time. Well for me, they have to release games like FF versus 13 and kingdom hearts 3 first before remaking FF7. Anyone who played FF7 already knows what will happen in the story and we just want to remake FF7 so we can enjoy a more realistic gameplay and graphics when playing. And for others like me who prefer remaking other FF series especially 8 than 7.

    As for Square getting criticized by the realeased of FF-13.. Well I know its somewhat lacking on free roaming which FF series is proud of. But for me they already redeemed themselves by releasing FF 13-2 which I think is much better than its prequel.

    So my opinion stays with Square that they should not remake FF7 ever since it will destroy the series when all we want are remakes and for me praying to god that FF versus 13 will breach FF7 sales since I never been this hyper in any game ever since I first started. Come on, I played FF series for its great story and gameplay so why prioritize remaking a classic when there are other games that can breach FF7 sales if they make an effort to it.

    EDIT: And as a loyal fan, FF7 should not be having a remake and will stay as a classic game.

  4. #4
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    You should just post this in the http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...ii-remake.html thread to keep the discussion in one place it only mentions KH3 for a minute or so.

    Good video though
    I know what your saying, as that was the dilemma i came across before i posted it. From my point of veiw, this video wasnt only about the final fantasy 7 remake, so thats why it isnt part of the other thread.

    I am sure it would fit well into the other thread, although currently the users are just playing around in that other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by forsaken8675 View Post
    I both agree with you but mostly agree with Square in this one. I agree with you since square enix should comply with their fans on what they deserve and wants since many gamers started playing FF7. nd as you said, square enix fans will move to other companies which is a battle for everyone. After all, FF7 is really popular worldwide gamers and non-gamers alike(just an opinion and experienced). Heck When I say Final Fantasy series you know to non-gamers, they will only know 7 being is that of the Cloud guy wielding very big sword. and Sephiroth being long hair with a very long katana.

    I somewhat agree with Square Enix with not having remake for the mean time. Well for me, they have to release games like FF versus 13 and kingdom hearts 3 first before remaking FF7. Anyone who played FF7 already knows what will happen in the story and we just want to remake FF7 so we can enjoy a more realistic gameplay and graphics when playing. And for others like me who prefer remaking other FF series especially 8 than 7.

    As for Square getting criticized by the realeased of FF-13.. Well I know its somewhat lacking on free roaming which FF series is proud of. But for me they already redeemed themselves by releasing FF 13-2 which I think is much better than its prequel.

    So my opinion stays with Square that they should not remake FF7 ever since it will destroy the series when all we want are remakes and for me praying to god that FF versus 13 will breach FF7 sales since I never been this hyper in any game ever since I first started. Come on, I played FF series for its great story and gameplay so why prioritize remaking a classic when there are other games that can breach FF7 sales if they make an effort to it.

    EDIT: And as a loyal fan, FF7 should not be having a remake and will stay as a classic game.
    I agree with you as i dont want FF7 to be remade. I do want a version that has trophies, which i dont think is too much to ask for. I never finished any FF title to the end, so armed with my ps3s, i cant wait to get another chance to fix that...

    I agree KH3 and verses should come out before any remakes, although i have kind of given up on waiting for those (when and if they do come out, i will jump on them. I am not going to wait for these titles though)



  5. #5
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I know what your saying, as that was the dilemma i came across before i posted it. From my point of veiw, this video wasnt only about the final fantasy 7 remake, so thats why it isnt part of the other thread.

    I am sure it would fit well into the other thread, although currently the users are just playing around in that other thread.

    I agree with you as i dont want FF7 to be remade. I do want a version that has trophies, which i dont think is too much to ask for. I never finished any FF title to the end, so armed with my ps3s, i cant wait to get another chance to fix that...

    I agree KH3 and verses should come out before any remakes, although i have kind of given up on waiting for those (when and if they do come out, i will jump on them. I am not going to wait for these titles though)

    Final Fantasy series would be fantastic if they will add trophies and will purchase them immediately, no hesitation but for now. I am not going to buy it since I already played it many times... still do now on my ps1.

    As for me, I am not going to give up waiting for versus 13 and KH3.. been checking for updates for those games even now. Also the released pictures of the gamelplay on the internet even made me motivated in waiting as long as it takes in order for me to play the game

  6. #6
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by forsaken8675 View Post
    Final Fantasy series would be fantastic if they will add trophies and will purchase them immediately, no hesitation but for now. I am not going to buy it since I already played it many times... still do now on my ps1.

    As for me, I am not going to give up waiting for versus 13 and KH3.. been checking for updates for those games even now. Also the released pictures of the gamelplay on the internet even made me motivated in waiting as long as it takes in order for me to play the game
    I think you misunderstand. I was just saying i am not going to keep updated on the status of KH3 and Verses. Thats just how i am though. I usually buy games used off craigslist or gamestop, so i dont need to stay updated on the release date or anything

    I cannot wait to play those games, but not that interested in all the ads and lies these companies dish out



  7. #7
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hamilton ON
    Posts
    179
    Reputation
    4

    I remember at one point in time Square (soft or enix whatever ending you want to give them) announced like 4 projects that they were working on. The even had their own E3 press conference showing off the amazing things they were working on. Now...I barely heard a peep out of them this E3. I heard a rumor that FF Versus was going to be FF XV but that is just a rumor. As for the VII remake I am split on this topic. As hardcore of a fan I am of the game I can play it ANYHERE and ANYTIME I want to play it so a remake isn't really necessary for me. On the other hand the tech demo kicked ass and looked amazing. I also find it odd that Square would say that all other FF games after VII didn't sell as well. I guess they are just trying to recreate lighting in a bottle like they did with VII but that just can't happen. I enjoyed each FF up until X and then after that each FF didn't excite me as much as the others did. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were great but the other games on the DS and PSP I didn't even bother with. So if they make a 3 I believe I will be very lost in the story.

  8. #8
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by y2cloud View Post
    I remember at one point in time Square (soft or enix whatever ending you want to give them) announced like 4 projects that they were working on. The even had their own E3 press conference showing off the amazing things they were working on. Now...I barely heard a peep out of them this E3. I heard a rumor that FF Versus was going to be FF XV but that is just a rumor. As for the VII remake I am split on this topic. As hardcore of a fan I am of the game I can play it ANYHERE and ANYTIME I want to play it so a remake isn't really necessary for me. On the other hand the tech demo kicked ass and looked amazing. I also find it odd that Square would say that all other FF games after VII didn't sell as well. I guess they are just trying to recreate lighting in a bottle like they did with VII but that just can't happen. I enjoyed each FF up until X and then after that each FF didn't excite me as much as the others did. Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were great but the other games on the DS and PSP I didn't even bother with. So if they make a 3 I believe I will be very lost in the story.
    i know what you mean

    as for the KH part of your reply, i too didnt bother with the story (i only had KH 1 and 2, dont own nintendo handhelds)
    Anyway, i will get 3 regardless of the story. Its just sad they split the story up so much that you need more than one system to play it. I honestly think they split it up across a few systems to milk it for all its worth.



  9. #9
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    First of all, KH3 was never announced as a launch title, nor was it ever mentioned by Square. It was all just a rumor that fans started because they wanted it to come true.

    Second, I beg to differ with your FFXIII comment. The game was good, and the gameplay was great. People and the media just overhate the game and underrate it because they can't stand how linear the game is and how it doesn't hide it (unlike every other FF except XII). The story was good and enjoyable (and like eveyr story, it had strong and likeable characters and unlikeable ones), the gameplay was good and the graphics were gorgeous. People and haters should finally face it.

    Also, a fun fact: FFVII isn't their most succesfull game, XI is. It's been so succesful that it is getting a new expansion, 2-3 years after the last one.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  10. #10
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    First of all, KH3 was never announced as a launch title, nor was it ever mentioned by Square. It was all just a rumor that fans started because they wanted it to come true.

    Second, I beg to differ with your FFXIII comment. The game was good, and the gameplay was great. People and the media just overhate the game and underrate it because they can't stand how linear the game is and how it doesn't hide it (unlike every other FF except XII). The story was good and enjoyable (and like eveyr story, it had strong and likeable characters and unlikeable ones), the gameplay was good and the graphics were gorgeous. People and haters should finally face it.

    Also, a fun fact: FFVII isn't their most succesfull game, XI is. It's been so succesful that it is getting a new expansion, 2-3 years after the last one.
    first, i am not going to argue with you on this point. If what you say you believe it to be fact, then i will take it for fact because you believe it

    Second, I am giving my opinion. If you disagree, then you disagree. I laugh if you say the game was good, or that the game play was great. Again my opinion. I prefer other FF titles, which some other people agree with. Dont make it like because of the media, people "over hate the game" or that it was "underrated because they cant stand how linear the game is". THe lack of choice where i want to go or the auto pilot fight system is what made me become turned off of that game. I disagree with the story (very junk story). I hate the Guardian Forces (turned Shiva into some twin transformers)

    i dont disagree the game had good graphics, but then again it should have good graphics. Thats the only redeemable thing.

    You may think people and haters should "face it", but i think everyone should just keep their minds open and understand that other peoples opinions wont change just because "you disagree"



  11. #11
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Nookie_Egg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    489
    Reputation
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Also, a fun fact: FFVII isn't their most succesfull game, XI is. It's been so succesful that it is getting a new expansion, 2-3 years after the last one.
    Same goes for his Resident Evil point, RE5 was the least liked of the series, yet the highest seller, go figure.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [


  12. #12
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    ReginaldX's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH - USA
    Posts
    372
    Reputation
    12

    I love the video and YES they do need to remake FFVII it LONG overdue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO