The Create-A-Game Thread

This is a discussion on The Create-A-Game Thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ever wanted to have your own video game you created? Well, here is an opportunity to do just that. Simply ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

The Create-A-Game Thread

Ever wanted to have your own video game you created? Well, here is an opportunity to do just that. Simply post your idea for a video game (i.e. characters, story, location, etc.). People can comment and even rate your idea. And who knows? Maybe your idea will be picked up by a game developer like Sucker Punch or Rockstar. I'll start us off. My game would be located in the far future, inside a wooded area, were a camping trip between three college friends gets thrown into chaos when evil demons from world like ours are trying to get in. these demons are trying to take over our Earth after taking over a handful of Earths in parallel universes. their reason, revenge on humans for banishing them onto the most hostile planet around and left to die. So I've given my game. Now it's your turn.... CREATE THE NEXT BLOCKBUSTER GAME HERE!!!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Sounds like Cabin in The Woods..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Rainbow in the dark

Man gets turned into a zombie--->zombie eats people--->zombie falls in love--->zombie gets married--->zombie gets children-->zombie eats children, then eats wife....... The end!? or is it?
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 9 - Gold

A pokemon themed game with skyrim gameplay and such.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Bethesada (game creaters of skyrim) and naughty dog the game (game creaters of uncharted) should team up and make a game to where at the beginning u start in cabin tired to a wall and u keep opening eyes but u can only get a quick picture of the room u r in then u close yr eyes. And u continue this partner for a couple of seconds or minutes until a quick intro then after the intro a group people come in the room and the guy in the middle say "good that that u r up time to get down to business" thats when u notice all the cuts and scars u have on. your arms and stomach and all the blood on the ground then the guy in the middle says " you dont remember what happen last night about our deal we made last night well thats to bad cut his throat." then he walks off and the guy on the right comes over with a knife and was about to kill u when some guy pops out and breaks his neck. then he says "glade u r ok" then that when u can create your character and the game. the game from that point is all about trying to find the guy in the middle and find his boss so u can show him who he is missing with.
    you haven't felt rage until you have played with me

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    to be honest i was just going for a shemping of the EVIL DEAD, starring the greatest B-Movie actor of all time BRUCE CAMPBELL. to me, having only seen previews of Cabin In the Woods, it just looks like a high-tech, overbudget, "Slap A Different Name On It" remake of a cult classic. but thanks for noticing, good horror fan.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i never saw a cabin in the woods
    you haven't felt rage until you have played with me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

whats under that hood?

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    Ever wanted to have your own video game you created? Well, here is an opportunity to do just that. Simply post your idea for a video game (i.e. characters, story, location, etc.). People can comment and even rate your idea. And who knows? Maybe your idea will be picked up by a game developer like Sucker Punch or Rockstar. I'll start us off. My game would be located in the far future, inside a wooded area, were a camping trip between three college friends gets thrown into chaos when evil demons from world like ours are trying to get in. these demons are trying to take over our Earth after taking over a handful of Earths in parallel universes. their reason, revenge on humans for banishing them onto the most hostile planet around and left to die. So I've given my game. Now it's your turn.... CREATE THE NEXT BLOCKBUSTER GAME HERE!!!
    so whats the engine look like? 1st person 3rd person what? i like 1st and optional 3rd person views free roam not on rails and FREE CHOICE!

Lvl 4 - Silver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hell has heroes too

lets take jaws ate's game script for example, the player wants a completely new experience rather then the same old dragged out redundant man saves the world and lives happily ever after scenario... with free roam and free choice (thanks to rockstar and bethesda games) the player should have the option of walking a different path a darker path a chaotic path such as turning his back on the human race and helping those demons ravage the earth i mean give the power to the player to either save that damsel in distress or kidnap her yourself for them lonely nights on the trail or sell her off to some slavers for a few extra bucks ya know im just saying i for one get tired of doin the "right thing" why limit the player to "morally correct" rails.. after hell has heroes too fellow gamers ~_^

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    A very vague version.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Has no one seen THE EVIL DEAD???!!! followed by the equally great EVIL DEAD 2 DEAD BY DAWN and then given a whole new comedic look with ARMY OF DARKNESS, these 3 films are such great films for being on such shoestring budgets. if you really like Spider Man 1, 2 & 3 you may note that Sam Raimi directed those. he also directed the EVIL DEAD films. seriously, CABIN IN THE WOODS is the exact same movie but with a different name

Lvl 9 - Gold

im sorry man. i just joined this site in late June. i figurred someone wouldve already created a thread like yours but my search terms found nothing.

Rangers F.C

I already posted this on another thread but no big deal

I would make a game like Skyrim , but with the fighting controls of Demons Souls and would try to add in physical damage to limbs and body , which would put you at a serious disadvantage until you went to a doctor/healer rather than having magic potions and stuff which are not very realistic , and would also add in seasons to the game which in turn would also be against you for example shortage of food in winter and you would have to hunt animals for food and winter clothing to survive , also no magic pockets , if an average person couldn't carry it then the in game character would also not be able too , basically I would want ultra realism , for another example when crossing terrain in Skyrim you can walk from place to place no problem , but I would make it that before you left your safe haven you must take into account whether you have enough food , water , warm clothing , camping equipment because its essential to rest , eat and drink to survive , at the same time can you carry all these items because if you are overloaded with gear your energy would deplete faster , you would have to drink and rest more often ,plus if you leave the wrong item behind it could be your downfall and there would be no fast travel so every journey could be your last . I would also add co op play so you and a friend could help each other in battle and for example if one of you got injured the other could carry you or pull you on a sled , which you would have to make of coarse . And finally no auto save you can only save at certain places like town's , village's , castle's or even a cave you find , and no map markers apart from big towns and villages , so you would have to explore and also remember . I could go on and on but thats the kind of stuff I personally would love to see.