Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

paying for trophies,really?

This is a discussion on paying for trophies,really? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What people do with their money is their choice. There's lots of better ways to spend money, but can't stop ...

Buy my book, Alteration

What people do with their money is their choice. There's lots of better ways to spend money, but can't stop people. The desperate are a strange folk.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Doesnt surprize me @ all. I would rather earn a platinum than pay for one

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Negator

This is nothing new; I've collected trophies for practically everyone on PSN with level 50+ at one time or another.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

LOL to everyone in this thread. I didnt want to quote everyone, so i decided to pick a few and comment on them

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerium View Post
    says the guy with Coffee in his signature. Are you one of those ignorant people who believes alcohol cigs and coffee are not drugs?
    Dude... FAIL. As the dude with the "sig of coffee" said, its just a image.
    Next, coffee may be a "drug", although almost anything can be considered a drug. Is adrenaline a drug? People go out seeking that almost everyday. Also, is the drug coffee unhealthy? (lets also note its the caffeine in the coffee)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonk276 View Post
    dude all i have to say is as long as it don`t affect my trophy hunting then really idc what he does it`s his account let him get in trouble for it.
    I agree with this. Like others have said, its someone elses money, and doesnt effect me in the least. Although you may feel its stupid and a waste of money, the value is dependent on the person selling the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Dam, why does it matter if he sell's trophies? Its the stupid people that pay for them you should be moaning at
    I agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    It's capitalism at work. He is offering his services as a gamer in return for compensation. If there is a demand for such services then he makes money. To my knowledge, there's no law that says he can't do this and he's not sharing his log on details and you can only assume that people buying his services are providing him their log on details, a pretty big assumption considering that anyone can go over to a friends place and log on to their own PSN account via a friends' PS3.

And thanks to people such as bobbyblitzed that want to bitch and moan about it, he also gets free advertising for his service.
    I know this topic is frowned upon, but this user hit the nail on the head. This is what people pay for all the time (a service)

ALso, lets note that no one will know (unless the user makes it obvious). SO althought you think its stupid, no one is dumb enough to flaunt their cheating for trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    In my opinion, what someone does with their own money is their business. It is not like being a certain rank in the world entitles you to prizes or some type of reward. If people want to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars to pay someone else to play games so that they don't have to that that is their decision.
    Yes, its what they want to spend their money on
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Actually that is a good deal taking basic economics into account. In Canada minimum wage on my part of the country is around 10 dollars, so using that as a baseline, your paying less than minimum wage on the service if it takes him more than 5 hours to finish the game. This is of course assuming its done legit and not with any hacking/save file tricks. Then if you pay $500 dollars for a 100 hour+ plat, well, the gap widens even further that he'd have to beat it in 50 hours just to be making minimum wage.

So for those who don't want to play their own games your actually getting a deal, and as he said on his site the prices are negotiable. Funny this comes up since someone added me to PSN the other day and offered to pay me 10 British pounds to 100% Back to the Future for them. I feel insulted to be paid so little, even though I promptly told him no and deleted him. LOL
    Well, if this is your skill, then its perfect for you. I would do this if i could. Of course its frowned upon...

Resident Deadhead

the funniest part to me is the fact that he is probably using save file tricks for nearly every game he offers this on. Hes more than likely putting zero time and/or work into his 'service' at all.
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    the funniest part to me is the fact that he is probably using save file tricks for nearly every game he offers this on. Hes more than likely putting zero time and/or work into his 'service' at all.
    Then he is making some sweet bank for it, and all the power to him.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

whats the going rate on a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plat....lol
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

Where's the pride in obtaining a yourself these days?? People have to much prizing/i want to be the best/coolest/first..... needs just to say to others look at what i did. Oh boy some real losers on this world in my opinion. How can a decide how good you are? Com on just play games for fun and for a hobby and have the guts to keep at a game if you really want the

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm gona have him get me Hanna Montana platted!! yes!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Where's the pride in obtaining a yourself these days?? People have to much prizing/i want to be the best/coolest/first..... needs just to say to others look at what i did. Oh boy some real losers on this world in my opinion. How can a decide how good you are? Com on just play games for fun and for a hobby and have the guts to keep at a game if you really want the
    Pride? LOL. Some people take pride in trophies, and some dont. Some people like to take the easy way out and still brag about their trophies.

Real losers? Its natural to brag about achievments. If the trophies were earned legit, i feel its worth bragging about. Can i note there are ways to make it where no one knows if it was legit or not. How does trophies decide how good you are? ITs proof you can do certain things (some are harder than others).

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    That game was so easy and fun. If i was you, make sure to pay per trophy. There was only one trophy that caused me a hard time, and thats the carnival game "knock down the cans".

Dont let him charge you too much for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    That game was so easy and fun. If i was you, make sure to pay per trophy. There was only one trophy that caused me a hard time, and thats the carnival game "knock down the cans".

Dont let him charge you too much for that title.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

im surprised this thread isnt closed yet.... who cares if trophies get sold

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

IMO...this is a pointless thread. It has been brought up many times before for other users. Yes, there are cheaters/hackers/people who pay for trophies all the time. If we wanted to, we could make a thread about all of them. Putting it up isn't going to stop them. Even if you said something to them, it wouldn't stop them. As much as you may not like it, it will happen regardlessly. With that said, his money so he shall do with it what he feels. No different than if somebody decided to go out and spend their money on a pink pig themed VW Beetle. May be stupid to us, but to them, it was worth it.

Closing this account

Am going to put my 2 in. My PS+ was paid for by a person that wanted 2 I had already done. My NCAA Football 12 was paid for by people that wanted a certain game done. Before that, I took for . I started charging for my services. Why let the locall game shop charge you for a game you may not complete but want on your list? You still paying for trophies either way. Just paying someone else to do it for you.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Pride? LOL. Some people take pride in trophies, and some dont. Some people like to take the easy way out and still brag about their trophies.

Real losers? Its natural to brag about achievments. If the trophies were earned legit, i feel its worth bragging about. Can i note there are ways to make it where no one knows if it was legit or not. How does trophies decide how good you are? ITs proof you can do certain things (some are harder than others).
    This is the point i'm talking about. How can you brag of something you didn't do??? Losers....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can platinum my own games but if somebody paided me good money to platinum a game i wouldnt say no. I would say HELL YEA

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wouldnt pay for a plat myself but think it a good idea for hakoom, he must be making loads for playing games lol, what a job!!!

True Templar

Hello.

Must admit after not being able to plat SW:TFU, i was thinking, maybe someone could do it for me. But i then decided. Rather have a failed atempt at a plat on my list, than a plat i didnt earn.

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Lvl 6 - Silver

A guy paid me 20 for the Sly 3 plat, since I wanted to go on a trip every bit on money counted
    It's not a thing I like to do though, why pay for trophies? I look at my collection and I see MY hard work ._. I'm not better than anyone by having more or less trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Getting paid to get platinums sounds quite good to me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast