Game recommendation

This is a discussion on Game recommendation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey y'all. For ps2 I was a huge fan of a survival horror game from capcom called haunting ground. In ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Game recommendation

Hey y'all. For ps2 I was a huge fan of a survival horror game from capcom called haunting ground. In the game you play as a recently orphaned teenaged girl and you spend the entirety of the game running from enemies. There were really only about three or four enemies in the game. You also had a German Shepard for a companion. I truly enjoyed it and played it repeatedly on ps2. Now I know that the game wasn't the greatest so the probability of capcom rereleasing it on the current generation system is a nonfactor. What I want to know is if anybody can recommend a similar game. I want to go around avoiding the enemies in scenarios that would scare the hell out of me. From what I've read and from what games lot suggests clock tower 3 is also similar but I've never played that and it is on ps2 as well.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Went looking for you and this is what I found. Not sure if it is exactly like what you are looking for as I don't play many survival horror games *though that may change*: Siren:Blood Curse (released in 2008). Other than that, nothing much in the survival horror neighborhood. Looks like most of those types of games are on the PS2 or the "horror" genre has gone to stuff like Dead Space and F.E.A.R. type deals

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Hey y'all. For ps2 I was a huge fan of a survival horror game from capcom called haunting ground. In the game you play as a recently orphaned teenaged girl and you spend the entirety of the game running from enemies. There were really only about three or four enemies in the game. You also had a German Shepard for a companion. I truly enjoyed it and played it repeatedly on ps2. Now I know that the game wasn't the greatest so the probability of capcom rereleasing it on the current generation system is a nonfactor. What I want to know is if anybody can recommend a similar game. I want to go around avoiding the enemies in scenarios that would scare the hell out of me. From what I've read and from what games lot suggests clock tower 3 is also similar but I've never played that and it is on ps2 as well.
    I know the game style your talking about, as well as the titles you mentioned. I am not into that kind of games but i watch it on youtube alot (the game play)

Anyway, i dont think there is any of these types of games on ps3. If you really want to play these types of games, then you should go back to ps2. There is always the ps3 that plays ps2 games option. Thats the closest thing i can think of

Bob 'n' Becca

Thank you both. I'll read about siren. I also had that game for ps2 but never played it. If its similar enough I'll give it a try. As for going back to ps2 I originally bought a ps3 for two reasons: to play fighting games online with my cousin and because my ps2 started acting funny. My first ps2 was backwards compatible but it died last year and when I decided to revive my video game passion I bought a slim model. Again thanks both of you.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Check out the PSN Game "Amy". Its survival horror where you can sneak up and avoid totally most of the fights. Not a very long game, but i found it fun to play.

Mr. X

Good luck in this generation. Horror has devolved into how many enemies are trying to rip you apart while you mow them down into fountains of blood.

People have already mentioned Siren and it's probably the best you're going to get. With that said I don't think it's that good a game. It was passable until I got to the part with the little girl. You literally cant be seen or it's game over. No being seen and running away it's just trial and error to get the correct path. The parts without her were tense and well done though.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Bob 'n' Becca

It is say to say that horror/survival horror has become mostly action-oriented. I'm not saying games like the current REs aren't fun, but it's not the same sort of suspence. I'll probably check out both AMY and Siren when I get the chance.

Lvl 8 - Gold

You should really play the Siren games. That game is a lot more stealthy than Resident Evil or Silent Hill. I have Clock Tower 3 and it's meh. You play as a little girl so you can't really fight the enemies, you just have to hide. You have a panic meter at the top of the screen that slowly fills up if you get chased. You'll eventually freeze in horror if it goes up all the way.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would really recommend Dead Space 1 - rarely you can find the game that is so scary that leaves a person shitless

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you have a PC that can run games, try Amnesia: The Dark Descent. You have to sneak past the enemies in the game, and you can't attack them.
    There is a demo on Steam if you wanna try it out.

Bob 'n' Becca

I don't have a pc that I can really play games on. As for dead space I've actually played and beaten the first two. I have severed and the other two titles in the series as well. I'm a huge fan. In fact I'm currently in a new play through of the first trying to get the last two weapons trophies.

PRO Member

First of all, LOL at your name.... Is there anymore letters or numbers you'd like to add.

Survival horror is a dying genre. Especially to the style of gameplay your looking for. The old school silent hills are pretty good. They just released 2 & 3 in an HD collection. It's not a run from every enemy game, but it's a decent horror series.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18