Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Playstation Move's Steering Wheel Monstrosity

This is a discussion on Playstation Move's Steering Wheel Monstrosity within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Very Quietly debuted and shown at E3. i am guessing the design is the reason why....

INTJ

Playstation Move's Steering Wheel Monstrosity

Very Quietly debuted and shown at E3. i am guessing the design is the reason why.

Resident PHD

It might look awful but at least it actually does something besides just hold the controller. The Wii Wheel and Zapper are just plastic, this and the sharpshooter at least have a function. So who is ripping off who now?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

the wii steering wheel wasn't really needed though and came free with a copy of a game.

why would i want to use the move as a steering wheel when i can just use my controller or a actual steering wheel?

it's just as stupid as that microsoft steering wheel they have for the xbox.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Ac...ss-Speed-Wheel

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the wii steering wheel wasn't really needed though and came free with a copy of a game.
    A game that encourages 4 players-thus meaning that if a family wanted it they would have to pay an additional 60$ for 4 players.

This thing actually enhances the game, so once again Sony innovates to bring something better for their customers, Nintendo rips off their customers with a hunk of plastic.

Keep trying troll, you will make a successful post one of these days

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    so once again Sony innovates to bring something better for their customers
    yea thanks sony for trying to make the move look actually useful for something but failing miserably because the retarded design.

meanwhile i will go use basic controllers and my ps3 steering wheel from logitech if i actually wanted to use a steering wheel.

also the steering wheels for the wii are like $11.55 apiece on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Ninte..._ob_vg_title_0

$9.41 if you want it in black

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Ninte...ef=pd_sim_vg_2

Platinum Procrastinator

While it may look a bit stupid, I have to side with Mayus on this one. By the sounds of it, you'll be able to get better lap times on something like Gran Turismo 5 by using this rather than using the PS3 controller so I might end up picking one up. Also, I like how it converts to a handlebar style setting as well with the variable crank throttle on the right. Now if we just had some decent motorcycle games to use I'd be all over it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    While it may look a bit stupid, I have to side with Mayus on this one. By the sounds of it, you'll be able to get better lap times on something like Gran Turismo 5 by using this rather than using the PS3 controller so I might end up picking one up.
    get a steering wheel then.

not sony's xtreme motorbiking/car controller that requires a $50 Wiimote Move controller to use.

the one i use is Gran turismo approved and works on my PC too. Force feedback and Shifters on the steering wheel if i dont want to use the stick.

for gran turismo 5 you can even adjust settings on the car while your on the track.

Logitech - Driving Force GT Gaming Wheel

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I honestly like the design and look of it
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Threat

GENIUS
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Platinum Procrastinator

get a steering wheel then.

not sony's xtreme motorbiking/car controller that requires a $50 Wiimote Move controller to use.

the one i use is Gran turismo approved and works on my PC too. Force feedback and Shifters on the steering wheel if i dont want to use the stick.

for gran turismo 5 you can even adjust settings on the car while your on the track.

Logitech - Driving Force GT Gaming Wheel
    The problem with a steering wheel is that you need somewhere to mount it. I like to play with my legs up on my couch in a reclined setting. Therefore I'd have to make a huge tale to go outside the couch to hold the steering wheel while my couch is reclined. By using that controller, I could still sit back and not worry about anything.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well, the only thing I can say about it is that the design of the "wheel" looks awful.

Lvl 8 - Gold

You guys are funny...

Yes it looks stupid
    No we haven't tried it
    The argument "You could always just use a real steering wheel" is a matter of choice. Dont knock this device...
    As far as price goes, if its too expensive for you, dont buy it

Ps360, although they are defending their position, is only really letting the community know about this.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for posting this PCP60. i didnt know how cool this wheel was till you posted this. i'm gonna get me one.

Check Those Corners

That looks fucking badass! I am gonna get me one when it comes out because even if it does not have many games with it, it could be kind of a collectors thing.BY THE WAY, you really should stop trying to insult sony now. If you are gonna keep it up go play your Wii wee games. You are not proving anything to anyone so you might as well stop now.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I disagree with this...did you ever try to play Mario Kart without the steering wheel? Just wasnt the same...once you used the wheel you couldn't really go back

I think it's good that Sony is trying to make a steering wheel that is compatible with the move that can clearly be used in more than just racing games, BUT without just making it look the same as the Wii wheel.

In addition to that the steering wheel will probably be a big hit with kids, girl gamers that aren't hardcore and even older gamers who try a racing game. I had my entire GFs family playing Mario Kart with the Wii wheels including her Grandparents and half of the fun was watching them trying to steer their entire bodies into each other. You don't get that from just a controller.

I guess what im trying to say is why bash them for attempting to make something innovative that all users might enjoy, not just the hardcore race fans with an elite wheel? Just because YOU don't doesn't make it a bad product

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I disagree with this...did you ever try to play Mario Kart without the steering wheel?
    yes, it's the same thing.

Fight the Future

I can't imagine it would be very good for Gran Turismo as you need to be very precise with steering, throttle and brakes but it would be pretty good for some arcade racers. I also like the fact that the handles move out like a motorcycle and I think that "wheel" could work great with a motorcycle game.

Resident PHD

yes, it's the same thing.
    See that is where you are incorrect (well you are incorrect most of the time but I digress). Due to the Wiimote's poor design it was uncomfortable to grasp. It's rectangular corners dug into your hand and the controller was too small so your hands were close together. The wheel felt more comfortable in your hand and actually made it seem like you were driving a car.

Also to Crealkllr, if PS360 was simply just letting the community know about this his title would have been "New Playstation Move Steering Wheel Trailer", once he adds the word monstrosity into the title it becomes a troll thread.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Don't really know about this one. Casual gamers will enjoy this steering wheel as for hardcore gamers they will tend to go for the Logitech wheels..
    Hopefully the price is right for this wheel.

Kid, not loser

You see this wheel may not look perfect, but it is more designed to contour your hand while keeping the controller aspect of it. The wii controller was not designed to be a wheel, which is why it is uncomfortable to hold like a wheel. With the wii wheel, it is just designed to look like a steering wheel, not completely designed to be a comfortable wheel while being a comfortable controller at the same time. The purpose of the design of this wheel mixes a wheel and a controller perfectly. We can only know when it comes out if it really will be so.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast