PS+ Free Games Expiry Date

This is a discussion on PS+ Free Games Expiry Date within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Has anyone else noticed that the PS+ games members were offered for free (inFamous 2, Just Cause, LBP2, etc.) all ...

"Tear it all down."

PS+ Free Games Expiry Date

Has anyone else noticed that the PS+ games members were offered for free (inFamous 2, Just Cause, LBP2, etc.) all have an expiry date?

Does this mean we have limited time with these games before we'll be locked out and unable to use them? Granted most of the games you could finish/plat by the time the expiry date rolls around, but what about LBP2 a game whose MP is essentially endless with thousands of new levels added every day and a thriving online community. Or what about R&C: A4O? The game was free but didn't come with an online pass. That would mean if you wanted to play co-op you'd shell out $10 bucks only to have the game lock you out 6 months from now.

This seems kind of ridiculous especially when Sony advertises the promotion as an "instant game collection". A collection would insinuate I'm gathering possessions or "collecting" if you will. A collection is also something people have for long periods of time, something you don't generally part with after 6 months (ie. hockey/baseball cards). How is it a collection if Sony is just going to remove your access after a short period of time?

I'm hopeful the expiry date will roll-over on itself and reset to a later date when it reaches the designated time, as things sometimes do.

Does anyone have a definite answer? I'd like to know the expiry date means nothing and that I won't lose access to LBP2 come mid-December. That if I buy an online pass for R&C: A4O, I'll be able to go back to the game whenever I want to play with friends online and I'm not simply throwing my money away.

Buy my book, Alteration

That just means when your Plus subscription ends from when you bought it. As long as you have Plus, they're yours.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Closing this account

You don't need an online pass for co-op in R&C: A4O. I just played it last month.

Lvl 5 - Silver

You cant play your PS+ games when your subscription ends.

Awesome Sig by Curse

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    That just means when your Plus subscription ends from when you bought it. As long as you have Plus, they're yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    You don't need an online pass for co-op in R&C: A4O. I just played it last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by xENDZEITx View Post
    You cant play your PS+ games when your subscription ends.
    Like these users said, the expiration date is when you lose your membership to Ps+
    As long as your current membership is good, those games will work for you.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dont forget that if you plan to buy PS+ again a few months later, you will be able to play the games again

The One and Only

Think about it for a second.

If you keep your PS+ forever, then there is no expiration date for you. Which means there's nothing to worry about unless you have some difficulty keeping the subscription (which I might have in a couple months).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

There's probably quite a few people that bought a 3 month subscription when all of them free games were offered. my years sub is just about up, so they better get to making it worth while to keep it or I'm gonna let it go.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Retired

I bought a year subscription for PS+ which means the game(s) I downloaded will expire next year.

Any new free games for the plus?

"Tear it all down."

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Like these users said, the expiration date is when you lose your membership to Ps+
    As long as your current membership is good, those games will work for you.
    I don't recall renewing my PS+ in December, I thought it was sooner but I can't be certain. I've had it since it came out. What everyone says does make sense, I just don't recall renewing my subscription in December of last year.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fubigs View Post
    I don't recall renewing my PS+ in December, I thought it was sooner but I can't be certain. I've had it since it came out. What everyone says does make sense, I just don't recall renewing my subscription in December of last year.

Thanks for all the feedback.
    You might of had it on auto renewal?

"Tear it all down."

Wasn't auto-renewed. Anyways, thanks for all the feedback.

Thread closed.