Are there any HD TV with 4:3 Ratio?

This is a discussion on Are there any HD TV with 4:3 Ratio? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As above............................................

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Are there any HD TV with 4:3 Ratio?

As above.........................................
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

#hashtag

your best bet

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have 2 HD TVs, a Panasonic and a Insignia. Both of them have an option to change the format into 4:3. So I assume that's an option on all HD TVs.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    your best bet
    lol thats the first thing I did, but all I got was stupid things explaining the difference and benifits

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Lvl 5 - Silver

If u don't mind me asking; why do you want a 4:3 hd tv?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by S810666 View Post
    If u don't mind me asking; why do you want a 4:3 hd tv?
    I've been playing on the old fat back SD 19inch 4:3 TV since the PS2 was released till now, so I can't play on a 16:9 as the touch on the analogue stick creates a deffernce in the amount of movement on-screen than on a 4:3.
    Playing games like Battlefield in such bad quiality on a small screen I see anything at a distance.
    Also I got a HD PVR, which I therefore need a HD TV.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

I think a lot of the short lived EDTV line of televisions were 4 x 3.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

That's nothing, I've been playing on 4:3 since the 80's. Change and adapt my friend, it might seem difficult, but it's the way to go. I had to relearn FPS going from mouse/keyboard to dualshock, and that's far worse than any aspect ratio change.

Back on topic, there are no 4:3 aspect HDTVs around, but as others have said there is an option for 4:3 display with grey or black bars either side of the visible area. You might find older models that use 1024x768 native resolution, but that will still display at 16:9 aspect ratio.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Ripper View Post
    I've been playing on the old fat back SD 19inch 4:3 TV since the PS2 was released till now, so I can't play on a 16:9 as the touch on the analogue stick creates a deffernce in the amount of movement on-screen than on a 4:3.
    Playing games like Battlefield in such bad quiality on a small screen I see anything at a distance.
    Also I got a HD PVR, which I therefore need a HD TV.
    A 19" sd tv? In 2012? Amazing
    Anyways, good luck finding a 4:3hd

Lvl 4 - Silver

thanks for the help everyone who posted
    I'll just buy a 16:9 one and gopefully get used to it (or just change it to 4:3 and be lazy) :p