Beyond:Two Souls, The Last of Us to lead Comic-Con next week

This is a discussion on Beyond:Two Souls, The Last of Us to lead Comic-Con next week within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony is pulling out all the stops for its San Diego Comic-Con showcase next week, confirming the likes of Beyond: ...

PRO Member

Beyond:Two Souls, The Last of Us to lead Comic-Con next week

Sony is pulling out all the stops for its San Diego Comic-Con showcase next week, confirming the likes of Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us will be making an appearance at the event.

In addition to the hotly-anticipated titles from Quantic Dream and Naughty Dog, other games scheduled to appear include PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (featuring the reveal of two new combatants), Sports Champions 2, The Unfinished Swan, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Papo Y Yo, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and The Expendables 2.

Those of you who are lucky enough to attend will be able to get your mitts on a host of playable PlayStation Vita gems, including Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, LittleBigPlanet, Jet Set Radio HD, Gravity Rush and more.

See below for scheduled highlights, and pop over to the PlayStation Blog for more details.

-Beyond: Two Souls Thursday, July 12 (12pm to 1pm) Room 25ABC. Featuring Quantic Dream boss David Cage and actress Ellen Page.

-The Last of Us Friday, July 13 (5pm to 6pm) Room 25ABC. Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley from developer Naughty Dog will be joined on stage by actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

-The Unfinished Swan Saturday, July 14 (11am to 12pm) Room 7AB.

-PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Sunday, July 15 (11am to 12pm) Room 24ABC.
    Hopefully something more comes out about Beyond.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

hopefully we can see some story elements

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

I'm hoping for anything right now. A lil bit of a backstory will tide me over even
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

In2
    January MOTM

Can't wait to see more from these two games.

For Beyond, i hope to see a little bit of gameplay.
    For Last of Us, another part of the game cause i'm tired to see the same demo part.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

PRO Member

Looks like no gameplay footage

In a recent post on the PlayStation blog, Sony provided information regarding their upcoming lineup of titles and how they will be represented at this month’s Comic-Con in San Diego. There will be a plethora of games at the show that will be available for hands-on demonstrations, in addition to a few panels showcasing some of Sony’s biggest upcoming games.
    Sony will start off with its first panel, Beyond: Two Souls, on Thursday, July 12th, 2012 from 12pm to 1pm. David Cage (writer and director of Beyond: Two Souls and 2010’s Heavy Rain) and academy award-nominated actress Ellen Page will be on hand. The panel will be moderated by IGN’s Greg Miller. The panel will focus primarily on, “the concept of Virtual Performance Capture to video games, where actors play the entire role in development of the game (from motion capture to dialogue). The session will focus on techniques used to create an emotional and compelling experience.”
    The next panel will feature Naughty Dog’s upcoming PS3-exclusive, The Last of Us. Creative director Neil Druckmann and game director Bruce Straley will be on hand, as well as voice-actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson. No specifics were given about the actual content of the discussion, though Sony has promised that, “Panelists will provide an exclusive reveal of a new in-game cinematic featuring a special guest.” The panel will be moderated by former X-Play host Adam Sessler and is scheduled for Friday July 13th, 2012 from 5pm to 6pm. Fans will also receive a free exclusive poster.
    Two other panels are also scheduled for the event, with The Unfinished Swan scheduled for Saturday July 14th, 2012 from 11am to 12pm, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, scheduled for Sunday July 15th, 2012 from 11am to 12pm. The Unfinished Swan’s panel will focus primarily on the art direction and artistic inspirations for the game, while the Battle Royale panel will showcase the gameplay and mechanics; developers also plan on revealing two new characters. All panels will have Q&A sessions for fans.
    A full list of demonstrations that will be present in the booth is available on the PlayStation Blog. The San Diego Comic-Con is scheduled to run from July 12th to the 15th, with a special preview evening on the 11th.