Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

According to the co-founder of Codemasters, next gen will fail unless it's digital-only

This is a discussion on According to the co-founder of Codemasters, next gen will fail unless it's digital-only within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony would have to change their approach to the PS Store if this was ever to come true. a) the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sony would have to change their approach to the PS Store if this was ever to come true. a) the store is not user friendly, it takes ages to get to the product you want, b) their pricing in the UK is ridiculous... on release, games on the store are 60 where in retail stores and online their 35-40.
    Also agree with other points about if HDD crashes, thats one hell of a lot of downloading you'd have to do... and the hard drive won't be big enough to hold all those games at once anyway.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by The-Lapqster View Post
    Sony would have to change their approach to the PS Store if this was ever to come true. a) the store is not user friendly, it takes ages to get to the product you want, b) their pricing in the UK is ridiculous... on release, games on the store are 60 where in retail stores and online their 35-40.
    Also agree with other points about if HDD crashes, thats one hell of a lot of downloading you'd have to do... and the hard drive won't be big enough to hold all those games at once anyway.
    I agree with you and its not only in the UK that their pricing is ridiculous. They need to make sure the digital games stay competitive with the retail versions whenever possible and not to mention they need to change the format and navigation of the store. I hate how I can get to the same end product by going through four or five different routes from the beginning of the store. That's overkill and confusing. I don't need for PS+, New Releases, Summer Sales, etc... all to take me to the same games...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

worlds biggest welch fan

for them smaller games it's cool but them bigger games I say No no no n o n on on no no
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

PRO Member

I agree with many in here. I mean, they keep trying to release new games digital for the same price for what? Convenience? There are so many things that are just better by having the physical copy...and like I've mentioned before, the smell of the manual

I would probably stop collecting games if this were to happen, because there simply wouldn't be anything to collect anymore! >:F

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyW318 View Post
    Well, go ahead, make the next gen digital only. You'll see how it'll turn out.
    Oh, and why are people paying attention to what the co-founder of CODEMASTERS is saying? They've got like...zero good games (at least this gen), no wonder their stuff doesn't sell.
    Exactly!!! Why are we listening to the opinion of the co-founder of codemasters? Like he knows what he is on about?

Lvl 6 - Silver

they said that about cartridges after the SNES.... I recall the N64 kicking serious ass sales wise... it's a beloved system

PRO Member

Not supporting this. Not ever.

Lvl 7 - Gold

When games go all digital, I will go all old school. If I can't hold my game in my hand for $60, they can blow me. I will just play my NES, Genesis, and computer games. I would say I'd stick to playing my ps3, but these piece of shit systems will not hold up for years after the new gen drops. My NES has been going strong since 1989. My first PS3 crapped out before two years.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12