How Bowling's 'Human Element' brings real places into the zombie world

This is a discussion on How Bowling's 'Human Element' brings real places into the zombie world within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Since Robert Bowling left Infinity Ward to create his own company Robotoki. Fans were wondering what was he planning on ...

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

How Bowling's 'Human Element' brings real places into the zombie world

Since Robert Bowling left Infinity Ward to create his own company Robotoki. Fans were wondering what was he planning on creating at his new company. Well a couple days before E3 started Robot Bowling revealed that his new game would be called Human Element. All people knew at the time was that Human Element was a zombie apocalypse survival game.
    Now Robert Bowling has revealed how they plan to use Google Maps and Foursquare interlays so they can add real-life tie ins to its iPad iteration, which will in turn feed back into the "main" game. In the article Robert Bowling gives an example of how hunting for medical supplies will work.

In the article Robert Bowling says,
    "You don't want to risk going out to forage in the game world, or maybe you did and can't find anything," he told GamesIndustry.biz, "but you know that there's a pharmacy four miles down the road in the real world. So you go out and you're out and about in the real world. You open up Human Element on your iPad. We're overlaying the world of Human Element onto the Googlemaps API, FourSquare business API, we're taking your real world and merging it with your game world."
    Bowling would then go on to say that the connected experiences on the iPad version would begin to tell the Human Element story before the console version's 2015 release date.

After that he says,
    "The 2015 deadline is the at-home, console experience. That experience, from a story standpoint, takes place 30 years after the event, after the apocalypse," he explained. "We can engage you in that universe a week, a month, a year after that event. Maybe through mobile, maybe through titles on the arcade, maybe through PSN, handheld titles. We can start telling that story leading up to that big event in 2015 where we tie them all together."

Concept Art

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Harvester of Souls

Seems a really INTERESTING concept here . kinda liking it. though Not quite what I originally was thinking on this game.. thing experience.. whatever you want to call it lol. Still something new and different . Hope it works and I wanna see more from it

Again, thanks for some awesome interesting downright disturbing news mailman. Love having it delivered to my neighbors doorstep >:F. Instead of placed into my hand, but I can live with that. As long as Chatboxia gets it and I read through hearing others, I can live with that.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay