The Walking Dead FPS Announced

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead FPS Announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Activision has announced a new game based on The Walking Dead. Not to be confused with Telltale’s episodic The Walking ...

PRO Member

The Walking Dead FPS Announced

Activision has announced a new game based on The Walking Dead. Not to be confused with Telltale’s episodic The Walking Dead adventure game, Activision’s version is a first-person action game based on AMC’s The Walking Dead TV show.

Developed by Terminal Reality, The Walking Dead will revolve around Daryl Dixon and his brother Merle on a “haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.” Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection. According to Activision, “No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside in this new, post-apocalyptic world.”

Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive.”

The Walking Dead will hit stores in 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Few other details are available, but check out the game’s official site for more info in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for all the latest announcements about The Walking Dead TV showbefore it returns to AMC for season three later this year.

Activision Reveals Walking Dead First-Person Shooter - IGN

Seems like Activision is just going to ride success that Telltale is having right now. Who knows though? Maybe it will be good. Does anybody know Terminal Reality's track record???

Sig by Bladia

That Southern B****

Had to look them up as never heard of them but apparently they developed BloodRayne 1 and 2.

link:Terminal Reality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Hmm oddly enough I'm kind of excited for this. I mean I absolutely love the show

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Mr. X

Daryl is an awesome character and I could see some good gameplay elements coming from his hunting skills.

That said I hope they keep the feel of survival and focus on character realtions that are in the comics. If they make this a standard FPS fare it will probably be dissapointing. I've enjoyed everything in The Walking Dead world so far so hopefully this will be another plus for the brand.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    Had to look them up as never heard of them but apparently they developed BloodRayne 1 and 2.

link:Terminal Reality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Doesn't seem like they are that great. The most recent game they made was Kinect Star Wars and we know how that turned out. The only game I noticed on there that turned out pretty good was the Ghostbusters game. But that is out of at least 15-20 games so I on't know about this one. Even BloodRayne was pretty mediocre.

Sig by Bladia

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Doesn't seem like they are that great. The most recent game they made was Kinect Star Wars and we know how that turned out. The only game I noticed on there that turned out pretty good was the Ghostbusters game. But that is out of at least 15-20 games so I on't know about this one. Even BloodRayne was pretty mediocre.
    Who know. This game may be the one that turns them around.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Nooo y FPS damn i cant get it now

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really love the tv show, I hope they make it a good game

Awesome signature made by Remus1997

VII

Love the comics, love the show, love the episodic game, but this.... Just sounds kinda dumb. The whole thing that makes The Walking Dead so fun for me is "Safety in numbers." The whole staying in a group aspect. Now don't get me wrong, Daryl is a badass guy, and i'd love to hunt walkers with his crossbow, but the description just doesn't pull me in. Maybe I will change my mind when I see a trailer or some gameplay because I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

idea sounds good but the problem is this developer on their whole gaming story only have been between average and mediocre titles.....

Platinum Procrastinator

Seems like they're just trying to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. I doubt it'll be half as good as the TellTale series and will more than likely just be another generic FPS game. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Check Those Corners

Now, this is my kind of game guys! My beloved COD makers, along with one of my TV favorites the walking dead! Oh, Nasty, this is gonna be a good year!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

could be cool. hope to see a demo soon

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Now, this is my kind of game guys! My beloved COD makers, along with one of my TV favorites the walking dead! Oh, Nasty, this is gonna be a good year!
    Activision does not make COD. They just own the developers that make COD (currently Infinity Ward and Treyarch). Activision basically supplies them with the money to make the games.

Sig by Bladia

Resident PHD

Well the Metal Slug Anthology sucked but Ghostbusters was fun...but then they made Star Wars Kinect...

I wouldn't be getting too excited for this game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Buy my book, Alteration

A zombie FPS. Boy is Activision getting creative.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

One of my favorite TV shows going today. Looking forward to seeing if the looks good or not.

Gotham's Reckoning

This is something I'll keep an eye on. Here's hoping it will turn out to be good.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18